• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buggy Loop

Amen.

Well, MS gave me a reason when they bought Bethesda/Zenimax, Obsidian, inExile, Ninja Theory, and Undead Studios. Problem is that nothing came out of it. They better fucking deliver now.

gabe-newell-time.gif

nemiroff

Gold Member
I just do like I always do and set all my expectation to zero - Except for Starfield, I gave up on trying to tame that magnificent beast!

Reactions: Isa

Harryhman

Neo Member
The Indiana Jones game by MachineGames gameplay reveal would be a perfect surprise for the showcase and will tie into the upcoming movie as well. A release date would be a bonus as well! (One can only dream…)

Has anyone heard of it may be making an appearance?

feynoob

What do you think Arsenal are trying to do? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Did they pay that £55m for Jesus in hopes and dreams or was it Pound Stirling? I forget :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Jesus almost won us the title, until we lost key players. We are dangerous on our own.
At least GZ on that trophy. We are coming for you next season.

Same. If the controller is solid, I don't really mind paying that price.

balls of snow balls of snow lol, nah. I disagree. I don't think either company should show something out of spite or something or cause they are triggered.

Sony has great reason to only show when they have something to show and to only show when its relevant, they can gain traction in terms of marketing and the focus is around the time a customer can take action. I'm more hype to see Starfield now, cause its coming in September (hopefully), thus anything else they show, I just don't fucking care lol We'll talk about it when its NEAR RELEASE and we can assess if its even going to fucking be good or not, as look at how many games had good looking trailers, but shit releases and spent years hyping it up, only to be let down, so I care more about what is closer to release in terms of trailers and demos as I can get a good sense of what it might be like. I don't now what to think about, lets say Sony Santa Monica's new IP as we don't know what it is, but if they reveal it 2024, release of 2025, why would it ever matter that you didn't know about it right now this year?

Shit, I was hype as hell for Diablo 4, was going to be a day 1 (life happens) and I held off as I just don't have the time, only to hear about all theses issues the game is facing. So I think any trailer shown is irrelevant to most consumers, if its not something they can play or do much with in the next 6 months or so.

I don't know if it will do MS or Sony any good to show anything off early JUST because, it makes sense show it off randomly, when they can give a solid window, give out good info or allow it to take over a media cycle. The issue with Sony is more so when they want to show it, I don't think anything is just not being made or something and I don't think any of us are really not going to play a great game today, cause it wasn't revealed 6 years ago when it was being worked on.

Gamers are more so into the relevant and its hard to build a marketing campaign over years trying to stay relevant in gamers minds. Maybe the Fallout 4, APEX random release or Hi Fi random release makes more sense for some IP these days.

(Sorry to make the baby tree Snow lol)
Yeah I get it. How long we still have to wait for Death Stranding 2 to come out and all that.

My guess at what will be in it, or what I really hope is in it.

Forza MS.- Guaranteed.
Avowed - Guaranteed
Fable - Guaranteed
Persona - Guaranteed
Sea Of Thieves - Guaranteed
ESO - Pretty Sure
Fallout 76 - Pretty Sure
Wandering Tower - Pretty Sure
Project Midnight- Pretty Sure
Project Shaolin - 50/50
Contraband - 50/50
Indiana Jones - 50/50
Project Cobalt- 50/50
Jet Set Radio - 50/50
Zenimax Online New IP - 50/50
Gears Collection- 25%
New Double Fine IP - 25%
Roundhouse Games New IP - 25%
State of Decay 3 - 25%

If all of the of Guaranteed and Pretty Sure stuff is there, and a couple of the 59/50 are there as well, it will go down as one of the greatest showcases ever.

LastBattle

Man, 3am on a work day suuucks. At least when I wake up all the news will be out and I'll catch up before heading off. Gone are the days staying up to watch these, adult life made quick work of that dream.
Luckily for me it works out pretty well.

Get up. Shit, shower and shave. Have some breaky. Drive the kids to school and get home by 7:30am. That leaves the perfect 2hr window to enjoy the show before my first meeting at 9:30am.

The joys of working from home 😁

EDMIX

Yeah I get it. How long we still have to wait for Death Stranding 2 to come out and all that.

They probably want a deep marketing push for it and lets say its spring 2024 release, they likely want to start that onslaught right after Spiderman 2 is released.

Then after DS2 releases spring 2024, they'll likely start some marketing push on what ever big AAA title they have coming out fall 2024 and so on.

At least that what I guess they are going to do based on what they've done in the past.

EDMIX

My guess at what will be in it, or what I really hope is in it.

Forza MS.- Guaranteed.
Avowed - Guaranteed
Fable - Guaranteed
Persona - Guaranteed
Sea Of Thieves - Guaranteed
ESO - Pretty Sure
Fallout 76 - Pretty Sure
Wandering Tower - Pretty Sure
Project Midnight- Pretty Sure
Project Shaolin - 50/50
Contraband - 50/50
Indiana Jones - 50/50
Project Cobalt- 50/50
Jet Set Radio - 50/50
Zenimax Online New IP - 50/50
Gears Collection- 25%
New Double Fine IP - 25%
Roundhouse Games New IP - 25%
State of Decay 3 - 25%

If all of the of Guaranteed and Pretty Sure stuff is there, and a couple of the 59/50 are there as well, it will go down as one of the greatest showcases ever.

smh, I just care about Starfield and Avowed.

Will ignore the whole event, give me the fucking cliff notes ya'll lol

I'll watch the trailers, demos etc of those 2 games when this is done.

smh, I just care about Starfield and Avowed.

Will ignore the whole event, give me the fucking cliff notes ya'll lol

I'll watch the trailers, demos etc of those 2 games when this is done.
It's a bit rash to say you arnt interested in a game you have never seen.

Neo_game

I think it is going to be great but the duration is too long. Better to have two shows instead. But since it is so long I am expecting at least 10 gameplay demos.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm looking forward to Sttarfield but I really would like to see Elder Scrolls VI and Avowed. The latter I heard is going to be shown.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Come back in 2026 to see TES VI
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I think we'll hear or see something about the game probably next year. I actually expected Diablo 4 not to be released until a couple of years from now but they were pretty quick about that game.

Avowed might scratch that itch since it's supposed to be similar and as I mentioned it's part of the Pillarsverse. I kind of like the lore so I'm interested where they're going to go with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom