• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
The space exploration and space combat make it an interesting game.
But the hype comes from bethesda who made skyrim. With skyrim settings, this game is set for an insane journey. Plus you have the modding community who can add any content to the game.

For example, here is the space fight.

Because i’m playing Star Citizen. Starfield is more like Squadron 42 for me before Squadron 42 comes out. I know Starfield won’t top Star Citizen’s immersion in general but that doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. The part that breaks immersion for me is that space travel and entering and exit atmo is limited in Starfield. Hopefully we get some more to see from that.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Because i’m playing Star Citizen. Starfield is more like Squadron 42 for me before Squadron 42 comes out. I know Starfield won’t top Star Citizen’s immersion in general but that doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. The part that breaks immersion for me is that space travel and entering and exit atmo is limited in Starfield. Hopefully we get some more to see from that.
Bethesda engine is limited. They didnt have stairs for a long time.

Riky

$MSFT
O2asrWl.jpg

🤔

Morning all. Ive been awake 5 minutes and today is already dragging like a seals arse.

Looking forward to crushing disappointment once again! (whom i kidding show will be great, right???)

Hope so , Xbox is long overdue a proper good showing

The shill mob will already have their tweets in draft regardless, “anyone who thought that wasn’t amazing isnt a gamer etc”

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It’s a major Disney release out in a week and a half. They have LA plastered with ads for it.

This is a big hit or mis film. Most of these movies don’t work after so long and a game? I’m not sure what that will bring to the table these days.

clarky

Gold Member
This is a big hit or mis film. Most of these movies don’t work after so long and a game? I’m not sure what that will bring to the table these days.
The film will be shit but uncharted 2 with an Indy skin, now that would be awesome. Hopefully they have Fords likeness for the game otherwise its not Indy.

Reactions: Isa

mortal

Gold Member
1. 1st party heavy
2. Gameplay heavy
3. No CGI trailers
4. Release dates and release windows.

That's all they have to do to make this a great showcase and get people ecstatic about Xbox.
I hope they aren't just betting everything on Starfield with everything else being an afterthought.

Fredrik

So what game will they open the show with? I think a nice way to do it is Forza Motorsport and then transition to Playground for look at Fable. Are we getting an on stage production or is it more like the PS Showcase?
Starter - Gears 6
Ending - Fable
Then transition in a smooth way into Starfield Direct and it’s already a success
🚀

Loxus

1. 1st party heavy
2. Gameplay heavy
3. No CGI trailers
4. Release dates and release windows.

That's all they have to do to make this a great showcase and get people ecstatic about Xbox.
I hope they aren't just betting everything on Starfield with everything else being an afterthought.
I hope they aren't sticking with that, we need Activision to compete persona and hold back announcements.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Let’s hope John doesn’t have a meltdown over Fable like he did Hogwarts :(

What happened with hogwarts and why would Fable suffer the same fate?

Lol maybe everyone has a bad memory but didn't a bunch of clout chasers on Twitter start saying the same bullshit just before the Playstation Showcase?

I think if its as bad as the Sony showcase, the only hope we have is nintendo to release the switch 2 asap.

Stuart360

Thing is you have to remember that Starfield isnt supposed to be a Star Citizen or No Mans Skt style game, even though they are all set in space. Its a Skyrim style Bethesda rpg that happens to have space combat and flying.
Not being able to manually land and take off never bothered me simply because i never expected it anyway. I always expected it a cutscen when youland and take off, anything on top would be a nice bonus.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is the xbox alone 2 hours?

It's total 2 hours, divided between xbox and starfield, we don't know how long the starfield direct will be but folks like Tom Warren have said 90 minutes for Xbox and a standard 30 minute Direct.

I hope they aren't sticking with that, we need Activision to compete persona and hold back announcements.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc2049

I'm hyped! It should easily be a 9/10 show. A Quake teaser trailer would make it 10/10! I'm also hoping for the InXile RPG reveal.
That price tag is somewhat acceptable, but still little bit expensive. I will wait when it's cheap.
Good luck. These usually sell out. I just looked on ebay and the cheapest boxed unopened Sea of Thieves controller is going for $895 and all the other ones were $1000+.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Woke up today like it was Christmas Eve. I’m ready for a good show today and can’t wait to see what team green is cooking.

Edit: thanks for the gold!
It is one to be excited for. I’ve got my opinions on Xbox’s actual execution, however it’s undeniable that their show format is much better than State of Play and is more akin to an e3 style of conference.

It’s also fair to say that if they just add one or two left field surprises to what’s expected (Forza Motorsport, Starfield and possibly Avowed/Fable/Hellblade) it’ll be a strong showing.

I was hoping for Viva Piñata but some insider has said that Everwild is being shaped in to something similar.

I hope today is not a ‘everything shown is coming to Game Pass’. I’d love to get some updates on studios that may not put their games on Game Pass. Playtonic & Gears For Breakfast mainly, but their games might be better suited to a Direct.

Just looking at some pre show pics on Twitter , the soulless shills having chats with Greenberg etc.

He’s a big chap Aaron isn’t he, the kind of fellow who does dumbbell lateral raises whilst taking a shit.

clarky

Gold Member
I hope today is not a ‘everything shown is coming to Game Pass’. I’d love to get some updates on studios that may not put their games on Game Pass. Playtonic & Gears For Breakfast mainly, but their games might be better suited to a Direct.
Cant see them deviating from everything being on gamepass. Only Diablo last year right? and that was only because they thought the deal would be done by now.

Top Bottom