• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Game of the year so far?

TxKnight7

Gollum
quantum error.

L6G4eIV.jpg

OiUoH7q.gif

can someone sum up why starfield sucks in a sentence or two?

havent played it yet, but didnt get hyped either since the gameplay videos looked so-so.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member

havent played it yet, but didnt get hyped either since the gameplay videos looked so-so.

something something massive hype. something something game of the generation.

Anyway my vote from what I have played is that shitty bird music battle royale game.

iQuasarLV

I have not played it either, however, what I get from window shopping is this.

The game does not offer an experience equated to its insanely long development or $70 price tag when you walk away from playing it.

Buggy Loop

Timestamped where it goes into the Starfield mechanics and how shit it is. (well actually whole video is pertinent)

At the "worst quest in Starfield" section I couldn't help but giggle since its so accurate and I felt robbed of my time because I too had played that fucking dumb main quest.

If you've got time, whole video is very well made and explains why it just falls short on its face. Playing BG3 before Starfield makes this all the more apparent.

Last edited:

Mowcno

The biggest flop probably Redfall.

The worst games people have actually heard of: King Kong and Gollum.

The actual worst game: something almost no one has heard of.

Resident Evil 4 remake. RE6 got panned by the critics but it was much better than RE4 is imo. Also Forza Motorsport and WRC fell well short of where they should be. Standards are plummeting in the industry, although most people's expectations and willingness to be easily pleased seem to be following suit.
Yo wtf I know everyone has an opinion but re4 remake is one of the best games of the year and probably the best remake ever made

Garibaldi

Nothing I've personally played has been terrible but I dropped Diablo IV and Starfield pretty quickly. I'll no doubt revisit them next year or something

Mortisfacio

Banned
Anyone picking Starfield over Redfall is just playing fanboy and trying to trash on Bethesda/Xbox. Starfield was a let down, sure, but if you honestly think Starfield is worse than Redfall, your opinion is garbage. Gollum is worse than Redfall as well.

Last edited:
The worst game i played was Wild Hearts, and it's actually one of the rare games that i purchased and didn't play on Gamepass this year. And it was expensive.

I desperately want to believe in new IPs, it's a major flaw of mine.

The game is not terrible but the visuals made me want to puke after several hours. The monsters are very annoying to fight unlike Monster Hunter, it's the difference. The game had some very interesting ideas but i didn't enjoy myself.
It launched on Game Pass this week. Thanks for saving me the time lol.

i played it for most of 40 hrs. starfield doesn't suck. it's just a very 'okay/good' game that does nothing you haven't seen before, which wasn't what some people were anticipating. but if, like myself, you weren't really anticipating anything genuinely special? it's an okay/good game...

Deerock71

The true answer is probably one of those shitty android asset flips stinking up the Switch eShop that maybe 3 people were tricked into buying because the title is a random jumble of the words: modern, combat, warfare, simulator, parking, zombies.
What about that The Last of Us ripoff that was only released in Europe?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If it is the worst game that people played then Redfall has a good chance of being it.But if it is the worst you've heard of Gollum and the Kong game seems to be on another level of bad.This year had some high highs but some very low lows.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'd say FFXVI and I'm not trying to be inflammatory, etc.

When you look at what the meat and potatoes of that game is, it's just such a massive disappointment to me. It's a mainline FF game and a PS5 exclusive. I love games that have serious issues, enjoy what you enjoy and ignore people like me, but FFXVI to me is like, "WTF is going on here, where's the game?!?" 😅🍻

SkylineRKR

FFXVI but its the most disappointing release of the year. Games like Gollum and Kong are objectively worse, they are inherently bad and look as such too.

Wanted Dead is a hidden gem imo!
Loved!

Bought it, played it, got a...sick satisfaction from completing it but the game is BAD, as in, it's hastily put together and it shows, nothing works properly/as intended , it's buggy, ugly and unfinished.

Plainly put, it's completely and utterly shite, feels like it's still in alpha, got abandoned by the devs (almost a year later and no promises patch) and in the end, it's just a mish-mash of poorly implemented ideas that just don't gel together.

There's absolutely nothing "endearing" about it - not even in the usual "AA trashy" way like Deadly premonition...

Anyway, for me, the worst games I've played this year are :

- Wanted dead
- The Callisto Protocol (good graphics do not a good game make, shame about all those millions spent on it to produce it)

Frwrd

and more hate for ff16 sad.
I forgot to add—and thanks for replying to this, am not the biggest FF fan out there, so my opinion regarding FF holds little to no weight, I always mention that.
I’m not some type of FF Guru or anything, I do have tried to enjoy the series many many times. But I think I give up after this one, perhaps it’s just me and not the game—who knows.

rkofan87

Gold Member
I forgot to add—and thanks for replying to this, am not the biggest FF fan out there, so my opinion regarding FF holds little to no weight, I always mention that.
I’m not some type of FF Guru or anything, I do have tried to enjoy the series many many times. But I think I give up after this one, perhaps it’s just me and not the game—who knows.
its not you its just the the hate that ff16 gets seems unjust it has its flaws but the game is good imo.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
its not you its just the the hate that ff16 gets seems unjust it has its flaws but the game is good imo.
It’s the most bored I’ve ever felt in a mainline FF game. The boss battles and cutscenes were good, the other 90% of the game was so dull and pointless. Absolute garbage from an RPG perspective and a character action perspective.

Top Bottom