• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your GOTY so far?

What is your Game of the Year so far?

• Total voters

R6Rider

Gold Member
I tried to list all the major titles so far, but I probably missed some.

Kicking things off with my pick of Stellar Blade!

I haven't even finished the game yet, but this game has been an absolute joy to play.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Easy....
Unicorn-Overlord-Original-Soundtrack.jpg

bender

What time is it?
1.) Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
2.) Balatro
3.) Unicorn Overlord (I'm still really early on).

Tg89

1. Balatro
2. FFVII Rebirth
3. Prince of Persia
4. Helldivers

Still need to find time for Infinite Wealth/Unicorn

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I've spent the most time in GBF:Relink so I guess it goes to that. Objectively speaking I think it should be Stellar Blade or Rebirth though.

Mortisfacio

You don't have a favorite so far though?

Not really. Single player Dragons Dogma I spent the most time on, but probably won't finish it. Helldivers 2 I've spent a decent amount of time on, but it's more because my friends are playing it. The game itself is meh.

2024 is mostly backlog for me so far. Still need to play Prince of Persia. Rated Botany Manor very high, so that's probably 1st place now for 2024 stuff I've played. Ato is also amazing (but I think it was on PC years ago. Console this year). Have a ton of stuff to play still from 2023.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is a tough choice, there have been some amazing games released so far this year. For me, probably

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Balatro
3. Unicorn Overlord

Granblue, Eiyuden, Like a Dragon, and Alone in the Dark are also really top tier games I've played

i'm going with 'none'. the only game i've gotten this year is dragon's dogma 2, & I wasn't really crazy about it (as in, liked the first one much more)...

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As much as I enjoyed Unicorn Overlord and Helldivers for actually creating a good live service game after the last week I have to vote Stella blade. I really enjoyed my time with the title, I cant wait for them to launch the full soundtrack later this summer.

I see a lot of "its just a less impressive Nier Automata" but while it deals with similar themes and is a far more linear title in terms to story, I really enjoyed the world and characters within, I certainly remember smiling a lot more playing. I got a good chuckle when I finished Fisherman Clydes side quest and realised despite his appearance, he is indeed very very human, absolutely loved it when EVE finally realised who he really was down under it all, I hope he comes back in the next game. A real breath of fresh air seeing a character like that.

Last edited:
Only two games I've played from this year so far are UO and P3R and it's great, but mostly the same. That makes UO goty right now, but I have FFVR coming in the mail.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma followed by Devil May Cry 3.

More recent would be Jedi survivor.

Actually from this year is probably a tie between Balataro and Rise of the Ronin.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Tekken 8 gets my vote as a fighting game sucker. Ultra fun and wild story mode with a great ending (looking at you MK1), Arcade Quest is nothing like VF Arcade Quest but still so good, with the bonus of having an actual story of you going to Arcades and Tournaments and kicking ass. Ghost Battles are fucking nuts and I can't wait to be able to pit my AI against others. It's really a game changer for fighting game AI. The fuckers can even teabag!

As for Online, it runs smooth, there are always Tournaments advertised, and losing and gaining ranks is addictive as hell. Sure it could be more balanced right now but patches are coming.

Most important, the game is a major improvement over 7. The gameplay is just better though out, tighter, more reponsive. And Tekken 7 looked like ass in many ways. Tekken 8 is fucking gorgeous. Like insanely beautiful. Screenshots don't capture how good it looks on your TV. And that soundtrack is fucking fire. My God!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Man I haven't played anything on this list :( I'm gonna go buy Stellar Bumcakes right now I think.

I would really like a big beautiful ass on my face right now but that will cost at least £150 and I could get some nasty STDs, plus Stellar Blade is only £70!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Way too early for this since in May at least 2 more big games will come out. Lords of the Fallen was last year so it doesn't count. Voted for DD"2" since I only played that game for the most part and finished it almost 2 times. I barely had any time to play something else I'm interested in like Unicorn Overlord for example, which I hope I'll at least start playing this year at some point.

Pelao

Pretty meh year so far, but I enjoyed Tekken 8, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin. Of those three, I liked Rise of the Ronin the most, so that gets my vote at the moment.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Right now, I have to give it to Tekken 8. It's got it's problems, but it's still a really solid fighting game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My pick would be Dragon's Dogma 2. Game was disappointing since I had crazy expectations for it, but even then the end product still managed to keep me hooked for more than 100 hours, slaying beasts left and right while exploring and hearing the pawn banter.

That said, I haven't played most of the games on that list lol. Unicorn Overlord is pretty cool, but at the moment I'm not in the mood for that kind of game. Infinite Wealth disappointed me, first Yakuza game I end up dropping

Still plenty of good stuff to come out later this year: Elden Ring's DLC, SMT V², EDF 6, Black Myth Wukong, Space Marine 2... Looking forward to those.

Last edited:

Madflavor

If your answer is anything OTHER THAN Stellar Blade you belong on that other site

Yeah so far for me it is, even though it's got some heavy drawbacks in the writing department, I still had a blast playing it. I was so close to giving my vote to Rebirth, but the way that game crapped it's pants in the final hour really, and I mean really left a bad taste in my mouth. I still love the game, but that hurt the overall experience for me. Whereas Stellar Blade's entire last third of the game is a banger.

Top Bottom