• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

You don't remember his posts from the OT? He got the game early and took us all on a roller coaster with him.

I think he compared the game to Haze, at one point.

images

Lunar FC

Haven't followed this much but was planning to get it on day one, when/is there a physical release coming to the US?

DOWN

Banned
I'm really torn on whether to pre-order on PSN and get the 10% discount, or let reviews flow in and not support the idea of it costing me more for not wanting to buy blind.

I loved TNO so I'll probably cave.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really torn on whether to pre-order on PSN and get the 10% discount, or let reviews flow in and not support the idea of it costing me more for not wanting to buy blind.

I loved TNO so I'll probably cave.

I took advantage of the discount. I loved TNO so I'm not exactly worried about the quality of this.

Falifax

You don't remember his posts from the OT? He got the game early and took us all on a roller coaster with him.

I vividly remember his complaints about the game having a lot of stealth sections, just to find out that 99% of them are optional and you could just go on a rampage after you sliced a guard's throat and stole his gun.

Deadbeat

Banned
I havent paid attention to the media much about the game. So I started to do that and I realise they are just reimagining the beginning of RTCW. You and agent one going into the castle. Then you go the crypt and fight german woman but will she have the tight leather commando squad? I hope the tight leather commando squad returns.

It's out in a three days and there's no player impressions or previews of any kind?

I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but that's a little suspect surely? Is there an embargo?

It's out in a three days and there's no player impressions or previews of any kind?

I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but that's a little suspect surely? Is there an embargo?

I think it was mentioned earlier that review copies weren't being sent out. So yeah I'm waiting for reviews now.

It really irritates me to the point I won't buy it now unless it's extremely good. They could have gotten me to buy with hype, but now I won't be buying it unless it's exceptional, because I won't be as hyped a day or two after it releases and reviews finally come out. It's my way of saying "No early reviews? Well screw you too!" I suppose.

Of course, I think there's zombies so that could nullify everything I just said. We'll see.

Any of you interested in writing up a paragraph on what TNO, why you should play it and why you should be excited about The Old Blood? Trying to gather OT materials.

If no one wants to write something updated, I'll probably just back some stuff from the first OT.

Just picked up a second hand copy of The New Order for ps4 and am really enjoying the first 3 hours so far.
Not the best looking game in the world, but The story seems pretty good so far. This game couldn't have been times better :)

After playing New Order I dont need a preview or a review to convince me to happily get my wallet out for Old Blood without hesitation. MOAR WOLF!! Super pumped for some of those RTCW feels.

wat. I don't think I compared the game to Haze. Haze was a bad game, Wolfenstein is mediocre overall (but has a great first half) imo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is this essentially a remake of RTCW? or at least a sort of extra part of that story/setting?

Not really, unless there's surprise occult and mutants. Though I guess it has more in common with RTCW than New Order. RTCW was still set during historical WW2. Old Blood is set in 1946, and is more telling of the events that lead up to New Order's prologue, eg: Germany swinging the war around in their favour.

Brakus

Banned
There's a cutscene in Bloodborne, where he says "fear the old blood" I think I've uncovered Bloodborne's biggest secret yet! It's warning us about buying future games! The game is a bloody visionary!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Is this a full featured 10hr campaign game? or is it something like Blooddragon that is about 3 hours long?

Mohonky

So this was $15 on VIP deals on greenmangaming. Was going to wait and see how it did but figured for that why not.

Jinroh

I live in Switzerland and the game shows up as "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood German Edition" in my steam list, am I screwed?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I live in Switzerland and the game shows up as "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood German Edition" in my steam list, am I screwed?

Yeah, Austria and Switzerland get lumped in with Germany when it comes to Bethesda games, even though the runtime restriction only applies to Germany itself. What you could do is empty your installation folder (manually, don't actually uninstall the game), download a cracked version of the unmodified version and then install it to the aforementioned folder you emptied. Achievements may not work but at least you'd be able to play the game in its intended state.

Alternatively, and this is the better approach, cancel your pre-order and buy the game from Nuuvem on the cheap (South American VPN required to purchase but the game itself is region-free).

sam777

What's the official release date in the UK 5th or 15th? Because the physical edition seems to be 15th but I have also seen the 5th mentioned a lot.

Huggers

What's the official release date in the UK 5th or 15th? Because the physical edition seems to be 15th but I have also seen the 5th mentioned a lot.

Pretty sure it's the 15th. That's certainly what my Amazon order said at the time

DOWN

Banned
With full retail games, I'm more likely to wait for reviews, but since this is a smaller project and I love that it's current gen only, I'm gonna bite on the $18 PSN preorder price. TNO had so much right that I'll bet on this and hope they've honored their audiences.

Has it been discussed at all why this is New Gen only? Is it because they didnt want to spend the time making sure it actually worked on last gen? Or.... because they upped the graphics/textures (lol idtech5) or something else?

MaLDo

Has it been discussed at all why this is New Gen only? Is it because they didnt want to spend the time making sure it actually worked on last gen? Or.... because they upped the graphics/textures (lol idtech5) or something else?

Because they want fun about New Order being Old gen but Old Blood being New Gen.

Bl@de

no swastikas or english voices for you. naizs are called the brotherhood. violence is uncensored.

Where can I get a uncut physical release for the PS4? UK? Will not buy the german version and the PS4 has region free games anyway (at least that's what I think)

Top Bottom