• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for April: Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Doom Eternal, Riders Republic and more

scydrex

Weak month for me, but was waiting for Kena to drop, so happy for that. So just Kena and Sackboy Adventure for me.
You saved Kena $28 in Amazon right now or $18 in a psn sale and Sackboy $50 in Amazon right now or $20-30 in a PSN sale and is a weak month? Come on dude...
I'm very happy because wanted to play those games and now don't have to buy them. So strong month for me. That is money that's gonna stay in my pocket or use it to buy other games or dlc. Now i need Ratchet to come to plus.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Dishonored is a 'classic' now, huh?
Crickets Reaction GIF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mother fuck, there are just WAY too many games I want to play on this service. It's literally too good. I've gotta finish fucking Hogwarts ASAP.

Tommi84

How's Kena?
Charming game with lack of combat depth/mechanics and rather forgettable story.

But you know what? The graphics are awesome, simpler mechanics than most today's game make's the game relaxing (except for boss fights ;) ) and fun to play. Easy to recomend!

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Good Extra selection (especially Kena), but I'm not a fan of removing Marvel's Spiderman from the lineup. I assume it's to make people buy the first game when they're waiting for the sequel?

Crappy Premium offering again, they're not even proper classics lol.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Another month of premium not being worth it. This was a reminder to go change my plan so it renews next year at extra. Extra at $100 per year is still a great value for me.

Mahavastu

Dishonored is a 'classic' now, huh?
Crickets Reaction GIF
I think for Sony everything is a classic where already a version existed on PS1, PS2 or PS3.
Even if there is a PS4 remake of those games (like Dishonored), it is most times only available for Premium subscribers, not for Extra.

G-Bus

Banned
Sweet. Almost bought Kena last week and decided to hold off because I was thinking it should be making an appearance here.

Worked out :)

Slay the spire alone is worth a sub for the month. Such a great game.

SkylineRKR

Some good additions there. I've been eyeing Monster Boy PS5 for months, missed the few sales it had. Kena I skipped because I felt it was a typical Plus title. Sackboy is a good addition too since I never played it and Doom Eternal I beat on Series S in 120hz but its nice to have the PS5 ver too, perhaps a good excuse to beat the game again.

First party games leaving the catalog ? bizarre.
Imho not really. Rotating games makes just business sense, if you are not the platform "desperately" trying to get people on board and acting like the nice guys. If you want to play all those games, you have to be subscribed all the time to not miss out on one. So no 1 months subscriptions, play a bunch and then leave. And if a game is actually important to anyone, they should buy it anyway, to actually keep access forever*. Not sure about the current numbers, but all they promise is "hundreds of games", I think they started with 400+350, are probably now at 800 in both tiers combined and if they add around a dozen games each month something has to go to not offer the entirety of the worthwhile PS4 catalogue tomorrow.

*forever might mean a couple of years

Great month again, half of the list is interesting, and even Premium keeps delivering enough for me to justify the extra money. Replaying Doom3, the only Doom I seemingly enjoyed despite having the annoying flashlight, see something, or weapon, hit something blindly, idiocy and also Dishonored I never came around to play on PS3. If I even find time before they leave. The last couple of months I did not have to focus on the leaving games, but this month quite a bunch leave which I thought about playing and thankfully also a bunch I actually already did finish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom