• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

All I could think of when he said there was a lot of things you can to to a Nazi with a hatchet

aldoraine-scalps2.gif

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| There is a lot of things you can do with a Nazi and a hatchet

I will be so fucking pissed if the third game doesn't happen or the world ends before we all can play it. I have dreamed of fighting Mecha Hitler with this incarnation of Wolfenstein.

"Herr Blazkowicz... the Nazi war machine does not fall as long as I am at the helm!"

Then BJ does a monologue.

"Evil does not have a face. Evil is an idea. An insidious idea that wraps itself around the hearts of men, making them selfish, and afraid, drunk with power and menace.

Evil does not have a face. Until today. And it's time to shoot it into bloody chunks."

Except, include aliens in some fashion too. Alien Mecha-Hitler.

DesmondGreer

Neo Member
currently replaying the new order and it is only making me more hungry for the sequel. Everything looks like it has been upgraded, graphics, gameplay even more freedom to the player.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
If that armor/body timeline is real, i wonder if when we use the armor it will change the gameplay, Caroline with the armor in TNO could do some crazy shit.

Dartastic

I assume this game is going to have support for higher framerates, or at the very least will have options to make the game not feel like crap like the first one? I just bought the first on PC for 10 bucks, and it feels awwwwwwwwwwful on my gsync monitor with all specs set to max.

Someone recommended that I do this, and I'm at work now so I haven't had the chance to yet, but I'm really hoping that it fixes things. https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Wolfenstein:_The_New_Order#High_frame_rate

I really want to play the second one on PC, but if it runs as terribly as the first one on high performing PCs, I'll have to get it on PS4, which is not what I want to do. :/

jett

D-Member
I assume this game is going to have support for higher framerates, or at the very least will have options to make the game not feel like crap like the first one? I just bought the first on PC for 10 bucks, and it feels awwwwwwwwwwful on my gsync monitor with all specs set to max.

Someone recommended that I do this, and I'm at work now so I haven't had the chance to yet, but I'm really hoping that it fixes things. https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Wolfenstein:_The_New_Order#High_frame_rate

I really want to play the second one on PC, but if it runs as terribly as the first one on high performing PCs, I'll have to get it on PS4, which is not what I want to do. :/

TNC is using IdTech6, so hopefully it's a lot better. I'm just glad I'll be able to use Vulkan. Getting TNO to run decently on my PC was an incredible pain that had very little to do with the power of my actual hardware. All sorts of vsync issues.

Dartastic

TNC is using IdTech6, so hopefully it's a lot better. I'm just glad I'll be able to use Vulkan. Getting TNO to run decently on my PC was an incredible pain that had very little to do with the power of my actual hardware. All sorts of vsync issues.
Phew. Do you have any advice for me on getting it to run decently in addition to trying to do what that other person told me to do? It was tearing so badly last night that I swear it was going to make me sick. I've never felt that way before while playing a game. I know it's definitely not a power issue. I'm running a 1070.

murgo

So uh, I suppose it will still be impossible to register the uncut international version on a german Steam account?

Removing the fps cap will probably break the speed of the game (atleast it did for me). To make this game smooth you should try to keep the framerate constantly locked at 60.
Also you might have to change your desktop refresh rate to match your ingame one.

If you can't keep your framerate locked at 60, try turning off screen space reflections. It's a real fps killer.

jett

D-Member
Phew. Do you have any advice for me on getting it to run decently in addition to trying to do what that other person told me to do? It was tearing so badly last night that I swear it was going to make me sick. I've never felt that way before while playing a game. I know it's definitely not a power issue. I'm running a 1070.

I honestly don't know how I managed to fix it the first time I played it. When I tried to re-play it I was unable to fix the screen tearing and stuttering issues lol :p

Dartastic

Removing the fps cap will probably break the speed of the game (atleast it did for me). To make this game smooth you should try to keep the framerate constantly locked at 60.
Also you might have to change your desktop refresh rate to match your ingame one.

If you can't keep your framerate locked at 60, try turning off screen space reflections. It's a real fps killer.
I unlocked the framerate last night. It broke the speed. You're right about matching my desktop framerate. That might help? Sigh. My framerate is easily going over 60fps which is why I want to unlock it and smooth it out somehow.
I honestly don't know how I managed to fix it the first time I played it. When I tried to re-play it I was unable to fix the screen tearing and stuttering issues lol :p
Argh. Hahaha.

My framerate is easily going over 60fps which is why I want to unlock it and smooth it out somehow.

Yeah that's id tech 5 for ya, you're stuck at 60 fps.

What I did was to force vsync and triple buffering through the control panel, made sure my desktop refresh matched, and the game was smooth so long as my frame rate was at 60.

GlamFM

Banned
Playing through the first one for the first time right now because I liked the trailer for 2 so much.

It really holds up.

It's great.

I just can't fucking believe that they still have to censor the game for the German release.
Bethesda has a damned army of lawyers, they could make good use of them here. Why not go to court with our retarded nanny board USK and get the right to have the game approved in its uncensored state.
Saves them customizing an extra uncensored version just for Germany.

Man, I feel like I need that special edition with the BJ figure, but it doesn't come with the season pass and is kind of pricy. First world problems.

Squire

Banned
I just can't fucking believe that they still have to censor the game for the German release.
Bethesda has a damned army of lawyers, they could make good use of them here. Why not go to court with our retarded nanny board USK and get the right to have the game approved in its uncensored state.
Saves them customizing an extra uncensored version just for Germany.

The obvious answer to your question is it's probably cheaper to just produce a censored master disc for German copies rather than going to court.

Arkanius

I'm way too excited for this game.
New Order was one of my favorite games. I want to replay it a lot but my backlog is too big right now.

MachineGames is the new Valve for me.

Why do the cutscenes look so much worse than the actual gameplay? They're really blurry and darker than the gameplay I feel like.

TNO's cutscenes looked different than the gameplay too but it wasn't as bad as this iirc.

The Flash

Banned
I think I just...yeah I think I just had a good idea.

*Old Blood like expansion*
*In between TNO and TNC*
*Play as Anya*
*Cash money*

I think I just...yeah I think I just had a good idea.

*Old Blood like expansion*
*In between TNO and TNC*
*Play as Anya*
*Cash money*

I've been wishing for an Anya playable DLC since TNO ended.

wolfenstein_2_the_new_colossus_anya_by_digi_matrix-dbcer1j.gif

If she can do this while pregnant, imagine the things when she brings out her assassin side.

Top Bottom