• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

When will the physical copy be available in retail? I just looked at Best buy website and they just have the pre-order for digital code for download

Any idea when we can expect reviews to start popping up for this title? I think I'm going to pre-order it today, but it'd be nice to see some reviews.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just remembered I bought this drunk yesterday, oh well always down for some wolfenstein lol

iseI5Q3ImTq1s.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You sure that it actually works? In my experience it did not effect image quality inspite of being forced continuously on level load.

Only AA worked (albeit with coverage problems and white line errors on certain geometry).

Yeah:

It's a console bug in my opinion, look at this screen:

4x AF
201810_2014-05-24_000jbukc.png

16x AF
201810_2014-05-24_000yauav.png

As you can see the "vt_maxAniso" command actually works but the console don't recognise the new parameter, so it leave the boolean to 4.
This is why you need to reinsert the command every time the game (re)load the megatextures.

Thanks for watching

Sorry I didn't speak or answer any questions in chat.

One of the sections was brutal, but that's what I get for going dark, started timing the patrols and then didn't have a problem with them after that section.

I think you TNO guys are gonna love it. Took a little bit to get into, man, it's so different to other games on the market.

That download scares me. I'm soft capped with my ISP so I don't get charged for going over, but after GTAV I really hope that physical PC games don't die.

DocSeuss

Yep, in short.. Nazi imagery is forbidden in Germany but when used in a educational, critical or art-background(for example movies) it's OK... But video games still are not considered as art in this context, so even if they're highly anti-nazi, swastikas are not allowed. There needs to be a serious discussion here about video games and their role in culture.

If it makes you feel any better, WWII airplanes that have been restored and used as historical presentations are not allowed to have swastikas either. Iron Crosses are okay though, last I checked.

EDIT: oops, wrong thread, don't know why this tab was still open. Crap. D:

Top Bottom