• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

TIL that Mark Cerny platinumed Wolfenstein The New Order.

Just checked his profile (screenshotted it), he also has the Knack platinum so you know it's legit ;)

Guessing there will be some tubs in the Old Blood.....

Just checked his profile (screenshotted it), he also has the Knack platinum so you know it's legit ;)

holy shit, no way! LOL

awesome dude if true (^____^)

holy shit, no way! LOL

awesome dude if true (^____^)

3UihWfY.jpg

It's him. He has the checkmark (like Twitter has) behind his name just like Boyes and Druckmann's profiles do.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
14th not 4th

You said you don't want to download 37GB at 600KBps and when I made the post the digital version was still more than a day away from unlocking. It's the physical version that's releasing in the middle of the month, so if your issue is only your download speed, as your earlier post suggests, then even now you're not actually doing yourself any favours by opting for the physical version.

Roussow

You said you don't want to download 37GB at 600KBps and when I made the post the digital version was still more than a day away from unlocking. It's the physical version that's releasing in the middle of the month, so if your issue is only your download speed, as your earlier post suggests, then even now you're not actually doing yourself any favours by opting for the physical version.

I should have specified, it's not only my download speed -- it's my data cap that's also a concern. I don't want to chip away at a good chunk of my monthly allocated data just to have the game earlier.

JaseC

Isn't the problem with megatextures is that the textures are too consistent in quality? With regular textures, the textures that players are going to see up close often can be much higher resolution that textures that will only be seen from a distance, whereas with megatextures everything in an environment is of the same texture quality.

This is just what I assumed, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The biggest difference is definitely with environment textures and those designed with smaller surface areas in mind, such as character models, but artists can choose to offer less detail in certain areas, so there's still a degree of inconsistency among the environment. This Wolf14 screenshot is a decent example:

I wanted to post an image showing the visible compression artefacts in Rage, but I couldn't find any.

I should have specified, it's not only my download speed -- it's my data cap that's also a concern. I don't want to chip away at a good chunk of my monthly allocated data just to have the game earlier.

Ah, fair enough.

Wow. I did too. Now I just need to platinum Knack, invent a classic arcade hit, be president of a publishing company and engineer a 20 million selling console and I'm almost as good as him. Almost...

Fordy

After TNO I'm in.

Has anyone on EU PSN had the preload start? I've been charged but can't see it on the PS4 'library'? If I look on the store on PS4 it shows as £14.99 instead of purchased.

Dragner

If I didnt play TNO loved Return to castle but hated with all my soul the past gen Wolfestein. Do you recommend me start with this?.

They better fix the audio mix for this.

Probably wont.

My major gripe with idtech5,. beyond all of its other problems, is how it handles AF.

It maxes out at what is apparently 4x (ugh)... and if you hold out a longer gun... you can see texture distortion on it as it moves a way from the camera origin. You have stuff like where the pistol's barrel's heat dissipation holes are just blurs where than being distinct textures.

6Mbps is ~600KBps after factoring in overheads, so about the same; 6MBps, on the other hand, would mean less than two hours. The pre-load size on Steam is actually ~3GB smaller than the unpacked install size (34.4GB versus 37ishGB) and I imagine the console versions are also slightly compressed.

Thank you

JaseC

Probably wont.

My major gripe with idtech5,. beyond all of its other problems, is how it handles AF.

It maxes out at what is apparently 4x (ugh)... and if you hold out a longer gun... you can see texture distortion on it as it moves a way from the camera origin. You have stuff like where the pistol's barrel's heat dissipation holes are just blurs where than being distinct textures.

You can force higher levels of AF via the console and the game will oblige despite said console insisting that the value hasn't changed, but it reverts back to 4x for realsies whenever the textures are reinitialised (i.e. whenever a level is [re]loaded).

wow, so no physical release for the US? that sucks, but for around 17 dollars or less it won't be that hard to just delete it after i'm done.

wow, so no physical release for the US? that sucks, but for around 17 dollars or less it won't be that hard to just delete it after i'm done.

I'm also expecting it to be about 4 hours worth of campaign for that price, so not going to be too stressed out on not having a disc on my shelf. Good one time experience for the money.

drotahorror

This is actually more expensive than what I paid for TNO ha. Hype for this though, TNO was a sleeper hit for me.

pre-loading has commenced.

dedhead54

Went ahead and bought this on PSN yesterday. TNO was one of my favorite games last year. This is definitely supposed to unlock at midnight tonight, yeah?

Linkup

This is actually more expensive than what I paid for TNO ha. Hype for this though, TNO was a sleeper hit for me.

pre-loading has commenced.

Same here, but they proved themselves with TNO big time. I'll willing to bet I won't regret the purchase a single cent.

If they fixed the awful audio mixing, maybe improved the melee animations (because let's be honest, they were low impact and janky in TNO) and the cutscenes are less frequent, this could honestly turn out to be an even better game than TNO.

I wholeheartedly believe it has the potential to be a Blood Dragon/Far Cry 3 situation.

DOWN

Banned
They better fix the audio mix for this.

If they fixed the awful audio mixing, maybe improved the melee animations (because let's be honest, they were low impact and janky in TNO) and the cutscenes are less frequent, this could honestly turn out to be an even better game than TNO.

I wholeheartedly believe it has the potential to be a Blood Dragon/Far Cry 3 situation.
What was wrong with the audio? I'm either forgetting or didn't notice. I sure hated Unity's cardboard box mix issue.

What was wrong with the audio? I'm either forgetting or didn't notice. I sure hated Unity's cardboard box mix issue.

Audiomix was all over the place, explosions sounding super quiet, guns being all over the place compared to voices and other grunts.

It's the most noticeable in outdoors environments like the beginning when you're in the trenches with the huge mechs roaring above. Everything is super quiet.

JaseC

I wonder when mine will unlock... Since my Steam account is still European, but i am in Canada.

It's unlocking worldwide in a 12 hours and 20 minutes. I had my fingers and toes crossed for a 12am AEST unlock here in Australia, but alas.

Not to undermine the greatness of the game, but how long is the game supposed to be on a first run? I intend to play on hard, mind you.

FrsDvl

It's unlocking worldwide in a 12 hours and 20 minutes. I had my fingers and toes crossed for a 12am AEST unlock here in Australia, but alas.

Really? They could've atleast done it like GTA V and have it unlock on European times!, That's not really fair! Still tough, that's only 10PM for me.

You can force higher levels of AF via the console and the game will oblige despite said console insisting that the value hasn't changed, but it reverts back to 4x for realsies whenever the textures are reinitialised (i.e. whenever a level is [re]loaded).

You sure that it actually works? In my experience it did not effect image quality inspite of being forced continuously on level load.

Only AA worked (albeit with coverage problems and white line errors on certain geometry).

Top Bottom