• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

Ionic

I'm guessing that the deal with the ring around BJs neck being in multiple scenes, but not all of them is that the game will open with two choices like The New Order did. In one you'll do the head transplant and in another you'll get a power suit.

This seems perfectly reasonable given the scene where we see a cat head transplanted on a monkey. I like this theory a lot.

jelly

Lord Buckethead.

Don't make me pick up ammo and health manually. Broken record but such terrible design. Staring at the floor sucks.

This seems perfectly reasonable given the scene where we see a cat head transplanted on a monkey. I like this theory a lot.
The only reason I see it being crazy though is because the suit seems like it gives you a ton of powers, having it featured so heavily in the trailer seems like they want it to be a big deal

Though, maybe that's the point. Add some actual value to the "bad" choice

Would be nuts

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Guys the collar just means BJ's head can come off. What we're really getting is the long awaited sequel to Dynamite Heady! With Nazis!

Collector's edition

_2119073b.jpg
... I might get this.

Assuming there's a PC version. :\

The only reason I see it being crazy though is because the suit seems like it gives you a ton of powers, having it featured so heavily in the trailer seems like they want it to be a big deal

Though, maybe that's the point. Add some actual value to the "bad" choice

Would be nuts

It would not surprise if they make the suit path more combat focused while the head transplant is more stealth focused. In terms of moral choices I mean it's right there Caroline loses her ability to walk so BJ can fight on or BJ grafts his head on Nazi losing part of himself, but not costing Caroline anything. The Nazi body can help in stealth mechanics , because BJ has his biometrics. It's sort of like getting a set of powers.

I'm assuming Machine Game got a big bump budget to differentiate choices a bit more.

Don't make me pick up ammo and health manually. Broken record but such terrible design. Staring at the floor sucks.
Yeah, I don't get the design sense of it. Its not like you're picky or choosy about what you pick up if its ammo or armor or health you need it, unless you're already maxed out. It just disrupts the combat flow.

GavinUK86

I'm guessing that the deal with the ring around BJs neck being in multiple scenes, but not all of them is that the game will open with two choices like The New Order did. In one you'll do the head transplant and in another you'll get a power suit.

Funny lol, but no. That's just the collar of the suit.

Also, just an update from the Machinegames IGN livestream:

The Catmonkey.

It is indeed a cats head that's been transplanted onto a monkey's body. One of your friends is a bit of a mad scientist and his cat spent too much time in a reactor room they have and was dying of cancer so he kidnapped a monkey, cut the cats head off and stuck it on.

Seriously.

Not making this shit up lol.

And they revealed, a very small character spoiler/detail, -
the large woman with the axe in the trailer is Frau Engel's daughter

KORNdoggy

So far i think this is my game of show. Other games maybe came with more spectacle but they're so far off it's hard to actually care (anthem for instance) i loved the first one. Best FPS of the gen imo and i can't wait for more.

CHC

... I might get this.

Assuming there's a PC version. :

If I remember correctly the collectors edition for New Order didn't actually include the game. It was just extras, so you could get it on whatever platform you wanted.

Edit: Never mind, Amazon actually has the collector's edition for PC so there ya go.

BBboy20

The Darkness is one of my favorite games of last-gen and MachineGames still blew away my expectations for the narrative and cutscene direction for TNO.
Wolfenstein is a meat-head shooter. It doesn't need a narrative. But Machine went well beyond to give it one and the world is better off for it.

I keep rewatching this trailer and boy, I think this is one of the games I'm looking forward to the most this year. I loved the first one even tho it started off slowly.

Having said that, watching this over and over I can't help but think that Sony should pay Bethesda to borrow Machinegames so they can reboot the Resistance franchise.

They were probably preparing a transplant in the sub base before they were attacked and then do it later in the campaign, maybe if the power suit becomes disfunctional.

Woorloog

Banned
Bubi was busy before he died.

Actually, Engel notes to someone, probably Bubi (you hear but don't see the conversation) at one point that she "has done her womanly duty" (or something like that). It is probable her children aren't Bubi's.

I think this game wins E3 for me so far
Yeah it's not even close

Some really cool showings this year though. God Of War, whew (don't care about the franchise at all but it's totally different)

I love Evil Within, really like the trailer, but can't say its showing was nearly as exciting.

bigmac996

I like the theory, but how would that cutscene play out with the two resistance fighters(girl with the fake grenade)?

My guess is at some point in the story, you're stripped of the suit and have the head transplanted. Curious to see how they put that in.

Wanderer5

Can steam sales come around already? I really want to hold off on getting New Order till a big sale.XD

Edit: Oh wait, $8 on GMG. Probably would be a bit cheaper during the steam sale through.

Johndoey

Banned
I mean BJ was in a vegetative state for like twenty years and just sorta got over it in like five minutes when there were Nazis to kill. If anyone could power through a spinal cord injury it's him.

Will be interesting to see wolfenstein and then metro releasing relatively close to one another.

Even though the New Order got much more serious and bleak it never matched Metro 2033's bleakness.

And it seems like both new entries are taking a bit lighter narrative approach this time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I mean BJ was in a vegetative state for like twenty years and just sorta got over it in like five minutes when there were Nazis to kill. If anyone could power through a spinal cord injury it's him.

Not to mention what he goes through after the fact. He gotta-kill-Nazis right through a dose of tranquilizer fit for an elephant, and sustains several serious stabbing wounds throughout the story.

But I think BJ's most amazing superpower is being able to fit his bulky frame through very small spaces. There were a few grille-covered crawlspaces that he slithers through like a snake in the first game, and here in the sequel they already showed a similar feat in the trailer. Like an eel man!

Amazing trailer. The last game is still one of my favorite experiences this generation and this looks like it's shaping up to be even crazier.

Guys the collar just means BJ's head can come off. What we're really getting is the long awaited sequel to Dynamite Heady! With Nazis!

You best not joke, or trouble is breuin.

Wanderer5

Will be interesting to see wolfenstein and then metro releasing relatively close to one another.

Even though the New Order got much more serious and bleak it never matched Metro 2033's bleakness.

And it seems like both new entries are taking a bit lighter narrative approach this time.

Doesn't Metro just have 2018 date? Not really close to each other then.

Not to mention what he goes through after the fact. He gotta-kill-Nazis right through a dose of tranquilizer fit for an elephant, and sustains several serious stabbing wounds throughout the story.

But I think BJ's most amazing superpower is being able to fit his bulky frame through very small spaces. There were a few grille-covered crawlspaces that he slithers through like a snake in the first game, and here in the sequel they already showed a similar feat in the trailer. Like an eel man!

BJ somehow maintained his gains during his 14 year coma too.

BJ somehow maintained his gains during his 14 year coma too.

Nothing's gonna stop B.J. fuckin Blazkowicz from killin nazis, ya hear?

Do you think there will be a better price for New Order than $8 during the Steam Summer sale?

I've always heard good things, but never got around to picking it up. I actually have some time this week to check it out, and I'm seeing it for sale for 8 so I wouldn't mind getting it now.

Top Bottom