• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will win Black Friday sales this year between the big 3?

Who will win Black Friday?

• Xbox Series

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 68 36.4%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 60 32.1%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I finally got mine last week.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Considering GOW PS5 is still in stock at Walmart, and says I can pick one up at my local store, Sony must have delivered a shit load of consoles. I think it's got this on lock.

Lukin1978

Went to gamestop, Walmart and best buy in my area zero ps5's tons of series s and x.
So I'd say Microsoft will win because you can actually buy them.

Considering GOW PS5 is still in stock at Walmart, and says I can pick one up at my local store, Sony must have delivered a shit load of consoles. I think it's got this on lock.

The financial report said they produced over 6 million units last quarter and only shipped a little over 3. So they held back over 3 million for the holidays on top of the next 6 million they are likely to produce.

Seems like its a race between nintendo, ps5, and series s. The X stock looks bad

Easy one for PlayStation.They have lots of units and the chip makers has lots of free space.PlayStation will sell everything they can produce.Second will be probably Switch

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF
Angry Harrison Ford GIF
nobody cares bfd GIF
no fucks given GIF

Gamers will win as we can score some good deals, only warriors and bean counter suits care about these numbers in "who wins"

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

Kilau

I read that retail was really soft this year so it might skew the results of that receipt scanning company.

reksveks

I read that retail was really soft this year so it might skew the results of that receipt scanning company.
NPD? Or someone else?

Saw the story about Amazon seeing weaker than expected BF sales. Retail for consumers generally does seem a bit weaker than normal.

I'm starting to think my city has saturated.
I was at Bestbuy this morning and they still have dozens of Series S and PS5 sitting on the carpet near the door. People were just walking past them.
No Series X in the store.
I was looking for a small kitchen appliance for an Xmas gift and they didn't have what I was looking for, so I walked out not buying anything.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PS5

Looks like Xbox has plenty of stock but I don’t think there’s huge demand for the series S which they are pushing with aggressive discounts
I hope we do get to see numbers as I bet the Series S might get snatched up by a lot of parents looking for that bigger ticket item for their kids for Christmas

But you're right the S has been sitting on shelves awhile now so the demand is super low for them before this Black Friday started

My wife and I did a lot of shopping today on Saturday and Sony for sure held back a lot of PS5s as one Best Buy had a ton of them sitting out much like the picture analog_future analog_future posted earlier

lachesis

PS5 in Total Revnue
XSS+XSX somewhat behind, but still respectable 3rd.
Nintendo in 2nd, but by far far away #1 in Total Profit.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF
Angry Harrison Ford GIF
nobody cares bfd GIF
no fucks given GIF

Gamers will win as we can score some good deals, only warriors and bean counter suits care about these numbers in "who wins"

I don't know, I don't think you need to be a console warrior to have an interest in sales figures for all the consoles. It's no different to me as be interested in seeing how Black Adam performs in theaters or how well the iPhone 13 Mini sold to consumers.

It's just interesting and gives a gauge of where consumer interest is at for a particular product. Just kinda fun to follow.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't know, I don't think you need to be a console warrior to have an interest in sales figures for all the consoles. It's no different to me as be interesting in seeing how Black Adam performs in theaters or how well the iPhone 13 Mini sold to consumers.

It's just interesting and gives a gauge of where consumer interest is at for a particular product. Just kinda fun to follow.
Interested sure and it is kind of fun to follow but sure feels like a stealth war thread to me

Kilau

NPD? Or someone else?

Saw the story about Amazon seeing weaker than expected BF sales. Retail for consumers generally does seem a bit weaker than normal.
It used to be Infoscout but not sure they are doing it anymore. Last year adobe price index gave us the series S as the "winner" but their tracking is different.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So if all these ps5s don't sell over this weekend..I guess they should be quite easy to get hold of on the lead up to Xmas?

There seems to be plenty of stock of ps5 and series S but not much series X

Tons of series X in the UK and its going for like 429.99 so they should have sent them to the US.

Last edited:
Now it's time for Cyber Monday.

Seems the S deals have continued whole X's are out of stock, so the S will likely win this one.

reksveks

Now it's time for Cyber Monday.

Seems the S deals have continued whole X's are out of stock, so the S will likely win this one.
PS5 started climbing the amazon US charts again or at least the GoW Ragnarok bundle did.

Back to #3, normal sku is #41.

Will see what the monthly charts look like.

PS5 started climbing the amazon US charts again or at least the GoW Ragnarok bundle did.

Back to #3, normal sku is #41.

Will see what the monthly charts look like.

Monthly charts won't tell us anything about CM, however we'll probably get news on that tomorrow or Wednesday.

I don't know, I don't think you need to be a console warrior to have an interest in sales figures for all the consoles. It's no different to me as be interested in seeing how Black Adam performs in theaters or how well the iPhone 13 Mini sold to consumers.
RIP iPhone Mini, 2020-2021, You were a good phone.

Top Bottom