• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spain Weekly Sales Nov 20 - 26 (Black Friday) - PS5: 48k, Switch: 30k, XBS: 9K | EA FC 24 #1 Game Release in Spain for 2023

Tracked hardware:
PS5: 48K (1M units sold in Spain)
Switch: 30k
XBS: 9k
PS Portal: 1400
PS VR2: 200

EA FC 24 is the biggest game of the year in Spain
PS5 version: 32,000
PS4 version: 20,000
Switch version: 20,000
Xbox version: 1,500

Top 10 Sales Week 46: November 13 to 19, 2023
  1. EA Sports FC 24 for PS5 (32,000)
  2. EA Sports FC 24 for PS4 (20,000)
  3. EA Sports FC 24 for Switch (20,000)
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch (20,000)
  5. Marvel's Spider-Man 2 for PS5 (15,000)
  6. Nintendo Switch Sports for Switch (15,000)
  7. Super Mario Bros. Wonder for Switch
  8. Hogwarts Legacy for Switch (6,000)
  9. Super Mario RPG for Switch (5,000)
  10. Hogwarts Legacy for PS5

Last edited:

Interfectum

Xbox has outsold the PlayStation Portal!

Fjf3WBeX0AAZZcd.jpg:large

Crayon

Ouch on psvr2. I was anticipating some creative support like the hybrid games they indicated but here we are. RE8 and GT7 are fuckin out of control and make most other games feel small in comparison. And no sign of alyx hurts.

Get on the ball, Sony. You are keeping your foot in the door for VR which is just lovely for you but imo you promised some more support. Fuck the ground-up games. Give me those VR modes for the big games. A full VR mode for hfw would have been five times cooler that call of the mountain.

Zathalus

EA FC 24 is the biggest game of the year in Spain
PS5 version: 32,000.
PS4 version: 20,000
Switch version: 20,000
Xbox version: 1,500

Why even bother at this point
Because Spain is hardly the entire world? Even if Xbox only makes up 20% of the worldwide sales, that's still a few million sold. Not too mention all the extra GaaS money. Nobody is going to throw away hundred of millions of dollars.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Because Spain is hardly the entire world? Even if Xbox only makes up 20% of the worldwide sales, that's still a few million sold. Not too mention all the extra GaaS money. Nobody is going to throw away hundred of millions of dollars.
Starfield has entered the chat

:p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man, Xbox sales have really fallen off a cliff huh?

Can't be that I'm worried that PSVR2 is or maybe will be abandoned as I just bought one for Christmas.

I don't care about Xbox sales numbers, because I don't play on Xbox.
Explain "abandoned?"

Every single new VR experience (not exclusive to Meta) coming to other VR platforms is getting the PSVR2 port treatment as well. Sony went on record before it launched stating that those very VR game makers will carry the weight for VR. The VR backlog is insane.

This is the way for the medium.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Explain "abandoned?"

Every single new VR experience (not exclusive to Meta) coming to other VR platforms is getting the PSVR2 port treatment as well. Sony went on record before it launched stating that those very VR game makers will carry the weight for VR. The VR backlog is insane.

This is the way for the medium.
Abandoned by Sony and developers. If PSVR2 sales continue yo drop off a cliff Sony may stop further hardware production which will have a knock on effect on both Sony and indie support.

Not saying it will happen of course (it does seem very unlikely), but that's why I would like to see a boost in PSVR2 sales. Both for the health of the platform and the medium as a whole.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ouch on psvr2. I was anticipating some creative support like the hybrid games they indicated but here we are. RE8 and GT7 are fuckin out of control and make most other games feel small in comparison. And no sign of alyx hurts.

Get on the ball, Sony. You are keeping your foot in the door for VR which is just lovely for you but imo you promised some more support. Fuck the ground-up games. Give me those VR modes for the big games. A full VR mode for hfw would have been five times cooler that call of the mountain.
Preach it brother!

mckmas8808

Since Spain is 5% of the EU market, it's okay to predict that PS Portal probably sold 25k - 30k Black Friday week in that region.

Crayon

I'm honestly still puzzled by the demand for ps5. It's exceeded wii-levels. I suck at all sales stuff, though. The best I can come up with is "green-flight". PS4's were already selling really good then you have a lot of people apparently switching teams this gen. Some to pc and some to ps.

mckmas8808

I'm honestly still puzzled by the demand for ps5. It's exceeded wii-levels. I suck at all sales stuff, though. The best I can come up with is "green-flight". PS4's were already selling really good then you have a lot of people apparently switching teams this gen. Some to pc and some to ps.
It's why slowly but surely Microsoft is getting Xbox out of the hardware business. They've seen the writing on the wall. Phil even talked about this during the APK court case.

MK8 is immortal. And is even beating Spider-Man 2.
Bundles helped, EA Sports FC24 had a PS5 Bundle too.

Regarding November sales, there's a high chance for the PS5 to sell close to 2m. units in Europe alone. They kinda need it to reach their goal tho.

Switch being down 20% year on year is to be expected

BF Switch
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2023 - 30.000
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2022 - 37.000
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2021 - 35.000
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2020 - 50.000
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2019 - 60.000
  • Ventas Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2018 - 45.000

UK BF numbers should be incoming soon, expecting Switch to be below 50k, Xbox Series to be slightly up yoy (It got a massive discount) and PS5 to be at least 80k.

Black Friday UK 2021

Switch :
110.000 units
XB + PS5 : 35.000 units

Black Friday UK 2022

Switch :
61.000 units
Xbox Series : 58.000 units
PS5 : 26.000 units

Last edited:

mckmas8808

UK BF numbers should be incoming soon, expecting Switch to be below 50k, Xbox Series to be slightly up yoy (It got a massive discount) and PS5 to be at least 80k.

Black Friday UK 2021

Switch :
110.000 units
XB + PS5 : 35.000 units

Black Friday UK 2022

Switch :
61.000 units
Xbox Series : 58.000 units
PS5 : 26.000 units

What's the cost of the XBS consoles in UK nowadays?

mckmas8808

You could get a series X for £340 and Series S for £180 over black Friday. Prices up again this week.

This is nuts man. If Xbox doesn't sell at least 50,000 units in the UK at this prices, then Xbox is done for in western Europe!

Sales of ps portal prove there is huge market for handhelds, Sony and Microsoft are dumb leaving the segment to Nintendo and valve.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PS VR2: 200

Yeah, won't be surprised if this stops getting flagship support in just a year. Maybe a couple of indies and developers like Capcom throwing in VR support at most.

XXL

PSVR 2 being so low is sad, but I understand, it's too expensive for most people.

With that said, it's a shame.

Aside from Baldur's Gate 3, pretty much all the best games and expierences I've had this generation have been on PSVR 2.

GT7 VR, RE8VR, Red Matter 1/2, Synapse and Pavlov (for TTT).

All of those titles are sensational and deserve more way admiration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom