• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spain] Sales from Nov 13 to 19: PS5 #1, Switch #2, PS Portal #3, Xbox #4

FrankWza

Why not just allow the current PlayStation portal have access to cloud gaming, but not all PlayStation 5 games? I think that's the best middle ground for all parties.
They would be paying the same as someone who purchased a PS5 though. The customer with the PS5 is the core customer. If you make a version that does both, they can buy a PS5 down the road. If they don't, you have charged a premium into the system. If not, then a premium on their sub. This customer is just not going to spend anywhere near what a core customer will.

If anything Sony would be more likely to increase the price of PlayStation Plus premium and then give access to portal users to play cloud gaming on it. But either way we all should be 90% sure that cloud gaming is coming to the PlayStation portal sometime in the future.
Cloud gaming should’ve been on the Portal day 1. It’s retarded to not include it day 1. I can totally imagine they only want to give you access to only Sony stuff using the Portal, but adding cloud gaming would’ve been the bare minimum for this product imho.

vivftp

Cloud gaming should’ve been on the Portal day 1. It’s retarded to not include it day 1. I can totally imagine they only want to give you access to only Sony stuff using the Portal, but adding cloud gaming would’ve been the bare minimum for this product imho.

There is no grand conspiracy theory here. Cloud gaming isn't on the Portal day 1 because...

1) The Portal runs Android and as of yet there is no PlayStation cloud streaming app for Android. This needs to be developed before the Portal can access it

2) The Portal is meant to connect to PS5 hardware either over a local network or the internet. Until a month ago there was no PS5 hardware in the cloud - this would have been a mandatory requirement before the Portal could access it. The PS5 hardware in the cloud rollout was a major undertaking where they even had to do it regionally for only PS5 support. They haven't even rolled it out to PC yet which also currently supports PS+ cloud streaming. Not everything happens day 1, feature rollouts happen all the time.

It's really that simple. As I've noted above, Sony themselves have said that they are looking into cloud on the Portal. It will roll out when it's ready. Many people are picking up the Portal based solely on its remote play capabilities, so that is the bare minimum for this product. Adding cloud support just further improves its functionality and use case scenarios.

SenkiDala

My first post so please forgive me if I'm out of line but how does that make sense when the switch sold more then the portal and its a 7 year old system?
I mean a new accessory will sell a lot on day one, at least most of times, because early adopters are here. I don't say that the Portal will be a failure (I'll get one myself) but I just try to relativize. I'm sure the PSVR2 sold very well at first, same goes for the Dual Sense Edge.

Mahavastu

If anything Sony would be more likely to increase the price of PlayStation Plus premium and then give access to portal users to play cloud gaming on it. But either way we all should be 90% sure that cloud gaming is coming to the PlayStation portal sometime in the future.
Why?
Allowing PS+ Streaming via Portal would bring more people into the Playstation eco system. Those people would need to pay for PS+ Premium, which is what Sony wants. And they might even buy a few games, which gets them even closer into the eco system. And they probably need a running subscribtion to play the games they purchased, so Sony can pay for the servers.
These are people, who are using Playstation hardware to pay for a quite expensive Playstation Subscription and buying Games from the Playstation store for the same price as owners of a PS console. If everything works decent enough (Image quality, latency), Playstation might make plenty of money of those users...

I do not see why Sony would not want this.

Last edited:

Mahavastu

I think cloud streaming to PS Portal will probably be tied to the console in some way, but it could be a neat way of adding value to PSVR2 (or a future PSVR headset). I'm actually more interested in Sony exploring streaming for a future PSVR headset, that way production costs could come down dramatically, slimmer designs can be had, and cheaper entry-level models can be made. You wouldn't need so much stuff built into the headset itself for local data processing, if you can just stream tightly from the console itself. I'd expect the PS Link tech to be improved on and utilized for such a purpose.
I doubt that cloud streaming for VR is a really good idea. I have a PSVR2 and motion sickness is the main reason I did not use it since months. Using cloud streaming would add a certain latency, making motion sickness an even larger problem, because you see the result of movements with a slight latency after you do the movements.

On the other hand, Sony is already doing most of what you suggest, so the there would not be much savings. Currently the PS5 is calculating everything and send the image via USB cable to the PSVR2 headset. Therefore the headset is already a pretty light and slim device and was relatively cheap for the features it had. If the image comes from the console via USB or via Wifi should not make a huge difference in price, except that with Wifi you have a 3rd device which influences the quality (see how many people have problems with the Portal because something is wrongly configured in the router) and of course you need a battery.

Last edited:

Brucey

Episode 2 Nbc GIF by The Voice

Sony knows something. They wouldn't want the Portal tracked as a hardware platform if it was going to flatline.

Oh wow. Way less than I thought. So if PS Portal sold 5% of it's shipment in Spain......it could have sold over 115,000 units in all of Europe in week one. That would be mindblowing. So much that it's making me nervous that people might actually think it is a PS handhand now lol.

That's too many Portals sold in the 1st week.
I was going to say if Spain just broke thru the 1 million ltd for PS5, and there's prob 20+ million units sold in Europe, can't be 20%

killatopak

Is there a history to how Era became a Microsoft circle jerk?
Sony and Nintendo flourished. Xbox not so much leading to what is happening to gaf recently. A substantial amount of negative news compounded by negative opinion pieces.

Xbox community left and made Xbox Era. Staff panicked and babied the remaining Xbox community. They over compensated. When you’re pretending for so long, it stops being pretending and becomes real.

onQ123

Sony will never allow the PS Portal as a way to stream PS+ game, why they have to dilute the PS ecosystem?

Luckily they are not stupid as MS.

PS Portal is a reason more to get a PS5, not the other way around.
They will soon as they weigh the options & start selling Portal at a profit while also getting money for game streaming to none PS5 owners.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why?
Allowing PS+ Streaming via Portal would bring more people into the Playstation eco system. Those people would need to pay for PS+ Premium, which is what Sony wants. And they might even buy a few games, which gets them even closer into the eco system. And they probably need a running subscribtion to play the games they purchased, so Sony can pay for the servers.
These are people, who are using Playstation hardware to pay for a quite expensive Playstation Subscription and buying Games from the Playstation store for the same price as owners of a PS console. If everything works decent enough (Image quality, latency), Playstation might make plenty of money of those users...

I do not see why Sony would not want this.

Not sure why you say they might buy a few games. That would be a must lol. Almost every game would need to be purchased first.

Serious question though why hasn't Phil Spencer been long fired? He's not has any success at all and steered Xbox to almost death.

He’s good at corporate politics and his bosses don’t care about gaming nor do they understand it well

How many bozos do you know that have high title jobs? Tons. They don’t get where they are by being good at anything other than telling people what they want to hear

Last edited:
There is no grand conspiracy theory here. Cloud gaming isn't on the Portal day 1 because...

1) The Portal runs Android and as of yet there is no PlayStation cloud streaming app for Android. This needs to be developed before the Portal can access it

2) The Portal is meant to connect to PS5 hardware either over a local network or the internet. Until a month ago there was no PS5 hardware in the cloud - this would have been a mandatory requirement before the Portal could access it. The PS5 hardware in the cloud rollout was a major undertaking where they even had to do it regionally for only PS5 support. They haven't even rolled it out to PC yet which also currently supports PS+ cloud streaming. Not everything happens day 1, feature rollouts happen all the time.

It's really that simple. As I've noted above, Sony themselves have said that they are looking into cloud on the Portal. It will roll out when it's ready. Many people are picking up the Portal based solely on its remote play capabilities, so that is the bare minimum for this product. Adding cloud support just further improves its functionality and use case scenarios.
I’m not saying anything about a conspiracy, I’m just saying those services you talk about should be part of the release of the Portal as a bare minimum to make the product have value.

I know they are not there yet but they should have been at the release of the portal, no conspiracies there.

vivftp

I’m not saying anything about a conspiracy, I’m just saying those services you talk about should be part of the release of the Portal as a bare minimum to make the product have value.

I know they are not there yet but they should have been at the release of the portal, no conspiracies there.

Sometimes things take time. Just the way the cookie crumbles

Sometimes things take time. Just the way the cookie crumbles
Maybe they should’ve just released the Portal later then. But that’s my subjective opinion. Anyone who’s happy for just having streaming from console with it must be a happy camper now and more power to them 👍

vivftp

Maybe they should’ve just released the Portal later then. But that’s my subjective opinion. Anyone who’s happy for just having streaming from console with it must be a happy camper now and more power to them 👍

Why? It's selling out so far and it's out before the holidays. There would be no value in delaying it.

If products waited for future updates to be ready before they launched then we would've waited an extra year or two for the PS5 to get expandable storage and Dolby Atmos and whatnot going. Even if it ever only remains a remote play device and never gets cloud support, it's a perfectly viable product.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play on my Portal 😃

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Unfortunately based on initial sales the product had value for people even without it, maybe people bought it also because of the potential to have the value speak of. People do it all the time: if Sony delivers it great otherwise those customers will feel burned (by their own hype).

Why? It's selling out so far and it's out before the holidays. There would be no value in delaying it.

If products waited for future updates to be ready before they launched then we would've waited an extra year or two for the PS5 to get expandable storage and Dolby Atmos and whatnot going. Even if it ever only remains a remote play device and never gets cloud support, it's a perfectly viable product.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play on my Portal 😃
Like I said, enjoy, I think it should’ve been a bit more feature rich at launch but that’s me.

Unfortunately based on initial sales the product had value for people even without it, maybe people bought it also because of the potential to have the value speak of. People do it all the time: if Sony delivers it great otherwise those customers will feel burned (by their own hype).
Yes exactly, more power for the people who bought the product with the feature it has and are happy with it. I’ll jump in maybe if the cloud functionality is added to it.

The 2 Series are going to "Sandwich PS5" was said multiple times here at the beginning of the gen...

It works so well guy, keep going. A glorified gamepad for PS5 is selling more than double the 2 series XBOX combined.. And like in the last 15 years, "games are coming on Xbox "and they have contacted studios from Japan, and are gonna buy Sega and Nintendo... This joke needs to end, it's high time for MS to get full 3rd party right now!

Mahavastu

Not sure why you say they might buy a few games. That would be a must lol. Almost every game would need to be purchased first.
When the people use streaming, the must be subscribed to Playstation plus premium, which already offers tons of games, so in average probably less games will be purchased compared to users without extra/premium. Anyway, any sale of a game binds the user more to the Playstation eco system, making it stronger.

To compare: as I understand, Xbox Cloud ONLY allows you to play the GamePass games, not purchased games. Just like Microsoft does not want you to buy games on their cloud platform and such hurting their eco system. If you leave, you lose nothing.

Long story short: I do not see a reason not to allow cloud streaming on the Playstation Portal, because Sony gets paying customers that way, making their eco system stronger.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Maybe cloud streaming just isn’t ready and instead of arriving too early to the market PlayStation is testing the waters piece by piece.

The Portal as it is is being well received despite pre release naysayers. A product that works as advertised is worth much more than a product that doesn’t deliver on the premise.

By the time Xbox comes out with that small chromecast like Xcloud device, the market will potentially have millions of Portal devices already in the hands of customers.

People who compare PS VR to Portal are fools. They couldn’t be any more different in terms of use cases and user investment. Also VR is a flop in the gaming industry, not just PlayStation.

Last edited:

FrankWza

This tangent is irrelevant. The Portal exists and we know Sony are looking into adding cloud support. This hypothetical $300-$350 more expensive version isn't going to happen.
It doesn't matter we are all wasting our time anyway. Even if Sony decides to add cloud support, it will NEVER be allowed to happen. Sorry to break it to you...

It’s literally the only thing it can do for no reason. Its hardware is able to but can’t access PS5 media app or cloud streaming. Actually, I am going to push for it to never get updated for PS cloud streaming or app support since that’s what some of you guys want.

Last edited:
That's nice. I pay $2200 a month for a giant 4 Bedroom 2.5 Bathroom house. I'll take that over cheap internet and 90% taxes.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+
Sounds smaller than my house.
5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, Sauna, 2 huge living/lounge rooms, separate 2 car garage, and a decent garden, inside urban area of the capital city.
+ Free Health Care and schools, and paid parental leave.
YCLoSa.gif

Last edited:

ergem

Sony will never allow the PS Portal as a way to stream PS+ game, why they have to dilute the PS ecosystem?

Luckily they are not stupid as MS.

PS Portal is a reason more to get a PS5, not the other way around.
Unless they also allow individual game purchases from the portal, then all the monetary reason the PS5 console exist is fulfilled by the PS Portal.

Remember the only reason the PS5 exists and are sold at break even is the 30% and PS+ sub.

Tsaki

And you will never buy them without that PS5 because you don't need a PS5. Which decreases revenue and profit.

A potentially less profitable part. So you charge more for a Portal that doesn't need a PS5. That's how you offset. You're limiting them but you you are also limited on how much that consumer will spend.

No because we have PS5 consoles and access to everything. Console plus $200 for Portal. They would be $300-350 for just a Portal.
Sony doesn't make much profit with PS5 console sales; this Black Friday period they probably subsidize a lot of them and it will show in their Q3 financials as a negative. The Portal is probably barely profitable and if they sell it at $200 they won't even make $50 in profit, I bet (posters that demand for a lower price for it or OLED at the same price are delusional). It's all about the software sales. If someone buys just a Portal with a hypothetical PS+Premium, that is quite an expensive subscription. It is also quite lucrative for Sony since they don't put their big new games there. So it is a net positive for them, since that person just gave them some small profit from the hardware (something that a PS5 sale would give less of) and they also give Sony recurring revenue for their older games. This might also push them for a PS5 in order to play the new games.
This handheld is additive to the ecosystem, and if someone only likes playing on the go/bed/Switch-like, having to buy a PS5+Portal can be quite expensive. Giving them cloud steaming lowers the price of entry for that subset of people.

yurinka

They already increased the PS Premium price recently, and I assume one of the reasons is that in the near future they'll release PS cloud gaming on mobile.

That would mean having an Android player of PS Cloud gaming, which they could also use in PS Portal and Android TV too.

This would highly increase PS Portal potential userbase, which would require way more servers. And a few months ago they said that were moving part of the budget they had for acquisitions to image sensors and SIE servers. Which I assume means they may release the Android client of PS cloud gaming later this FY.

Unless they also allow individual game purchases from the portal, then all the monetary reason the PS5 console exist is fulfilled by the PS Portal.

Remember the only reason the PS5 exists and are sold at break even is the 30% and PS+ sub.
The guy who designed PS Portal said that its goal was to increase PS5 user engagement even more. Meaning, PS5 players playing on average more hours per day/week/month. They want this because no average a player who plays more is also a player who pays more.

On average there's more than a game sold per PS5, which is what they need to make it profitable. PS+ is profitable itself. They also have the profit of the 30% cut. The PS5 ecosystem already is profitable itself and is their main business. So a device like PS Portal does is to further increase these other PS5 profit sources, doesn't need to generate profits with games made for itself.

And well, on top of that they also have the profits of the SIE games outside PS.

Also VR is a flop in the gaming industry, not just PlayStation.
It isn't a flop. VR is a niche nascent market but pretty likely the gaming segment with the biggest growth.

There is a consensus among market analysts mentioning that even if VR is a nascent gaming market in its early stage, it has been growing for years and is forecasted to continue growing in the mid to long term at a fast pace.

According to Statista Market Insights, the AR & VR market is projected to generate revenue of US$32.1B in 2023 and is expected to grow at an annual rate of 13.75% (CAGR 2023-2027), resulting in a projected market volume of US$53.7B by 2027. The VR Software market worldwide is projected to generate a revenue of US$3.5B in 2023 and is expected to grow at an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023-2028) of 11.40%, resulting in a market volume of US$5.9B by 2028. In terms of user base, the VR Software market is expected to reach 204.8M users by 2028.

Precedence Research mentions that the global VR market size was evaluated at USD 23.92 billion in 2022 and is projected to hit around USD 187.28 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 22.9% over their forecast period 2023 to 2032.

Grand View Research say that the VR global market size in 2022 was $59.9B, being almost a third of it from software. They forecast $435.36B total revenue for 2030 (27.5% CAGR 2023-2030) using 2018-2021 historical data and 2022 as base year for their research.

Mordor Intelligence consider the VR Market size is expected to grow from $54.24 Billion in 2023 to $163.82 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 24.74% during their forecast period (2023-2028). They expect that the global user base of VR and AR games will increase to 216 million users and will be worth $11.6 Billion by 2025.

According to Newzoo, the VR hardware install base is grows faster than ever (+42% CAGR 2019-2024), forecasting 46M units in 2024. VR game revenue, its main software segment, is forecasted to more than double from 2021 to 2024 (+44% CAGR 2019-2024).

Technavio claims that the VR market is in an accelerating growth momentum, and expects it to grow at a CAGR of 28.39% from 2022 to 2027, increasing by $17.85B.

Fortune Business Insights says that the global VR gaming market size was $6.26B in 2020 and is projected to grow from $7.92 Billion in 2021 to $53.44 Billion in 2028, a CAGR of 31.4% in the 2021-2028 period.

As a reference regarding CAGR, in tech >10% is great growth and >20% is excellence. And being specific to Sony, they were happy with PSVR1 sales and PSVR2 is achieving their expectation, which is to outsell PSVR1. So no, it's isn't flopping.

Last edited:

Brucey

Sony doesn't make much profit with PS5 console sales; this Black Friday period they probably subsidize a lot of them and it will show in their Q3 financials as a negative. The Portal is probably barely profitable and if they sell it at $200 they won't even make $50 in profit, I bet (posters that demand for a lower price for it or OLED at the same price are delusional). It's all about the software sales. If someone buys just a Portal with a hypothetical PS+Premium, that is quite an expensive subscription. It is also quite lucrative for Sony since they don't put their big new games there. So it is a net positive for them, since that person just gave them some small profit from the hardware (something that a PS5 sale would give less of) and they also give Sony recurring revenue for their older games. This might also push them for a PS5 in order to play the new games.
This handheld is additive to the ecosystem, and if someone only likes playing on the go/bed/Switch-like, having to buy a PS5+Portal can be quite expensive. Giving them cloud steaming lowers the price of entry for that subset of people.
Sony was profitable with the disk drive PS5 back in August 2021, now in Nov 2023 with several revisions of the fat and now the smaller slim, it seems they would be profitable at $400 or less. Certainly profitable at $499 bundled with COD or Spiderman 2.

ps portal is made with cheap mid tier snapdragon 662, hardly a high cost platform.

Tsaki

Sony was profitable with the disk drive PS5 back in August 2021, now in Nov 2023 with several revisions of the fat and now the smaller slim, it seems they would be profitable at $400 or less. Certainly profitable at $499 bundled with COD or Spiderman 2.

ps portal is made with cheap mid tier snapdragon 662, hardly a high cost platform.

I know about the Summer 2021 profitability, but still have you seen some of these deals? There was a Target offer yesterday of $350. This definitely lost money, no matter what. But Sony wanted to get rid of all the remaining old models to usher in the new batch. Other offers give new $70 games, like FC24, CoD, Spiderman 2.
It also showed in Sony's Q2 financials last month; something like bigger loss due to hardware. No doubt due to all the bundles and price cuts they did during that period. They might be making money off the hardware at a specific price but it would be very marginal. Still better than whatever MS loses at the moment.
As for the Portal, it all adds up. Dualsense controller, SoC, 8 inch screen, bigger battery. Linus did a video about it and he estimated about $150 and it's perfectly believable. It's a device that makes enough profit so that even if scalpers hog it, Sony makes a little money off of that, in contrast with what happened the first year of PS5, where it was crucial that real customers get it, start buying software and offset the loss in hardware.
Edit: Unnecessary.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I know about the Summer 2021 profitability, but still have you seen some of these deals? There was a Target offer yesterday of $350. This definitely lost money, no matter what. But Sony wanted to get rid of all the remaining old models to usher in the new batch. Other offers give new $70 games, like FC24, CoD, Spiderman 2.
It also showed in Sony's Q2 financials last month; something like bigger loss due to hardware. No doubt due to all the bundles and price cuts they did during that period. They might be making money off the hardware at a specific price but it would be very marginal. Still better than whatever MS loses at the moment.
As for the Portal, it all adds up. Dualsense controller, SoC, 8 inch screen, bigger battery. Linus did a video about it and he estimated about $150 and it's perfectly believable. It's a device that makes enough profit so that even if scalpers hog it, Sony makes a little money off of that, in contrast with what happened the first year of PS5, where it was crucial that real customers get it, start buying software and offset the loss in hardware.
Edit: Unnecessary.

$50 profit per Portal GA pretty good.

OuterLimits

Three of these are actually similar products that warrant a comparison of sales.

One is a merely a controller chopped in half with a LCD screen shoved in the middle.

We have been hearing rumors of a streaming device from Xbox that have never materialized when they should be the most interested in the topic of the cloud, then Sony arrives and launches a portable streaming device that although for now only works with PS5, In the future I could do it with PSnow, what will Xbox do if PS portal works? Will they copy it? Did they release something similar in the future? They always go in tow.

Brucey

We have been hearing rumors of a streaming device from Xbox that have never materialized when they should be the most interested in the topic of the cloud, then Sony arrives and launches a portable streaming device that although for now only works with PS5, In the future I could do it with PSnow, what will Xbox do if PS portal works? Will they copy it? Did they release something similar in the future? They always go in tow.
From what I can tell, depending on where you live the xbox cloud streaming infrastructure may not be ready to support such a streaming stick. Basically you can get placed in a queue before a slot opens up for your session. Wait 5-10 mins or longer. During CMA hearings Microsoft said they had 5000 streaming slots for the UK. Which is unbelievably small. So if they were to introduce say a $99 cloud streaming stick.....

VQsKJlx.jpg

Last edited:

Tsaki

$50 profit per Portal GA pretty good.
It is a decent amount, but it's still 25% at best. A Dualsense is what? 60-70%? Nevermind the Edge, which might be 80+%.
Of course immediate profit is not the primary monetization of the Portal. It's higher user engagement with the platform and consequently more game and MTX sales.
As for the sales numbers, they seem good. Definitely more than Sony anticipated and hopefully it will be successful enough so that that they invest even more in better compression and remote streaming of data, with better bandwidth requirements, latency and of course a future version/revision of it. As other have said, it's week 1, so making comparisons doesn't mean that much. If we get some nice cumulative numbers at the end of Q3, we'll know how successful it is in a more practical sense, where a good subset of people saw value in what it offers.

mckmas8808

It is a decent amount, but it's still 25% at best. A Dualsense is what? 60-70%? Nevermind the Edge, which might be 80+%.
Of course immediate profit is not the primary monetization of the Portal. It's higher user engagement with the platform and consequently more game and MTX sales.
As for the sales numbers, they seem good. Definitely more than Sony anticipated and hopefully it will be successful enough so that that they invest even more in better compression and remote streaming of data, with better bandwidth requirements, latency and of course a future version/revision of it. As other have said, it's week 1, so making comparisons doesn't mean that much. If we get some nice cumulative numbers at the end of Q3, we'll know how successful it is in a more practical sense, where a good subset of people saw value in what it offers.
Agreed! I'm hoping by this time next year they can start allowing limited cloud gaming on it. Even if they limit the games you can cloud game on it. It'll be a good start.

Tsaki

Agreed! I'm hoping by this time next year they can start allowing limited cloud gaming on it. Even if they limit the games you can cloud game on it. It'll be a good start.
Actually I wanna amend this part of my post:
Apparently Sony already got paid about these consoles (they were in Target's hands now, so it makes sense) so assuming that the store bought them at a higher price whenever that was, Sony's loss/profit from this definitely won't be what I said.
So why would Target do this? Maybe they want just the "slim" models on display and having technically four PS5 SKUs might make it more hassle than it's worth, having costumer's asking the same questions to the employees (What's the difference? Why are they like this? Which is better? Can I get a price cut of the slim to the price of the older model?). Also, being Black Friday means extra activity to their stores just for this deal and consequently extra sales of other things that catch the eye (extra games, controllers, warranty, etc).

DrFigs

Actually I wanna amend this part of my post:

Apparently Sony already got paid about these consoles (they were in Target's hands now, so it makes sense) so assuming that the store bought them at a higher price whenever that was, Sony's loss/profit from this definitely won't be what I said.
So why would Target do this? Maybe they want just the "slim" models on display and having technically four PS5 SKUs might make it more hassle than it's worth, having costumer's asking the same questions to the employees (What's the difference? Why are they like this? Which is better? Can I get a price cut of the slim to the price of the older model?). Also, being Black Friday means extra activity to their stores just for this deal and consequently extra sales of other things that catch the eye (extra games, controllers, warranty, etc).
The Target deal was for target circle members, so it could be a way for them to get people to sign up. Although it is a free rewards program, they could see some benefit in getting people to sign up.

Last edited:

Brucey

Just a matter of time. Expanding out their data centers and perfecting PS5/4k streaming first. Curious how their global distribution will be. It appears that they've been working on some storage tech to optimize things on the server end (potentially a design where you have multiple rack optimised ps5 daughter boards plugging into a bus with access to a homegrown fast storage appliance).

Top Bottom