• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spain] Sales from Nov 13 to 19: PS5 #1, Switch #2, PS Portal #3, Xbox #4

Tsaki

I know you are joking, but did NPD say they are going to report PS Portal hardware sales?
Yes, has since been deleted though

UWUaaYt.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yes, has since been deleted though

UWUaaYt.jpg

That's very fishy. Why would he delete an obvious well done post? Why would he think he would need to delete it? And I also find it interesting that he stated that it was per the manufacturers request. So Sony specifically wants these numbers to be known to the whole world.

Was that info under NDA?

The Microsoft shills on Era have finally reached their limit. After weeks of threads showing the poor Xbox sales, these guys started banning people for posting sales data, LMAO 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Microsoft just debunked all that data. Apparently they gave those analysts the wrong numbers. Microsoft forgot to include metrics from PlayStation and Nintendo. That is why the mods are locking down those threads because the numbers are not accurate.

P.S I'm joking BTW.

So wait, Judge, long-time moderator of ResetEra... is a Microsoft employee? As someone who caught a lot of bans for mocking acquisition cheerleading and the idolisation of Phil Spencer, which eventually led to me being permanently banned from the site, this sure does make a whole lot of sense.

Is that not a conflict of interest? How can moderation of a site like that remain impartial and fair when one of the moderators literally works for one of the Big Three. No wonder ResetEra's reputation is in tatters these days.

You ever wonder why there’s industrial witch hunts over there based on personal opinions on political matters?

Yeah, just follow the money. And then pin a topic on third world slave labor while you cry about everything in the industry not being up to your standards or cost desires….

I think the portal is a seriously shit device, to the point that I think it wasn't worthy of release but seeing it outsell both Xbox consoles sure is something.

You not being a target audience doesn’t make it a shit device

Sony was pretty forward thinking in the need for something like this.

I know a lot of middle aged dad gamers that only get time to play games in bed and the portal fills that immediacy pick up and play void

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The folks who were making fun of PlayStation Portal in this thread or those who just underestimated it (including me, to an extent):

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Dang, that’s pretty good for an accessory, congrats to Sony. I also don’t see the point in it, but hey.

Last edited:

GHG

You not being a target audience doesn’t make it a shit device

Sony was pretty forward thinking in the need for something like this.

I know a lot of middle aged dad gamers that only get time to play games in bed and the portal fills that immediacy pick up and play void

I absolutely understand the use case, I have and use a deck for similar reasons.

I just think the implementation (it's not a direct connection, you don't even have that option) and quality (it's LCD instead of OLED for a start) it offers are shoddy for the price. I expect better from Sony.

Ar¢tos

Why would they report Portal sales separate when Sony doesn't report PSVR2 sales? (Sony even forgot they make PSVR2 already).
Maybe he deleted it because he misunderstood some info and it isn't true.

Ar¢tos

From the day of its launch, I always said that PSVR2 will become the next PS Vita. Nobody wanted to believe me.
I don't mind that and I'm still going to buy one next month. All I need is a constant flow of indies to justify buying it, but it would be nice if Sony acknowledged its existence, did a bit of marketing or included in sales, even if with very small discounts (Black Friday, etc). I don't even ask for first party games!

The VITA was an amazing indie machine!

It's hilarious. I'm a big Sony fanboy as I love their franchises. But even I thought portal was kind of pointless and overpriced. Surprised how well it's selling.

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

I think we can all agree that it should probably be 150 at the most. 200 dollars and it isn't even OLED and it can't be played under direct sunlight...

Woopah

I don't think that they necessarily think it will do well, they just aren't hiding/obfuscating it's sales numbers. They gain nothing in doing so.
- Sony is so confident in their products that they count PS Portal as a true, separate console, not an accessory...

- MS keeps the split between Series S and X hidden....

LOL
It has nothing to do with hiding numbers or not, or whether Sony is confident. NPD doesn't publicly reveal the numbers anyway.

What Sony is saying is that the Portal should be considered hardware and not an accessory. Which hints that they have a plan to allow non-PS5-owners to buy it in the future.

Regarding the S/X split, Sony doesn't regularly reveal model splits either. But unlike Microsoft, they do reveal console hardware figures.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Seems like Slim will officially launch in EU tomorrow. So we'll see how it affects sales in the next weeks.

549 euro for the PS5 Slim or 429 euro for its bigger, older brother .... If Sony jacks up the price the current rush to grab a PS5 will come to a sudden halt.

Mr.Phoenix

I think we can all agree that it should probably be 150 at the most. 200 dollars and it isn't even OLED and it can't be played under direct sunlight...
I still stand by what I have been saying, if the dualsense edge is $200, then this should be $200 too.

A dualsense is $70 (can be found or $50), but somehow, replaceable thumb sticks, back buttons, and trigger stops make it $200? and yet we have a problem with a $200 version of the dual sense that has a screen, better speakers, and lets me play PS5 from anywhere in the world?

BootsLoader

Banned
I don't mind that and I'm still going to buy one next month. All I need is a constant flow of indies to justify buying it, but it would be nice if Sony acknowledged its existence, did a bit of marketing or included in sales, even if with very small discounts (Black Friday, etc). I don't even ask for first party games!

The VITA was an amazing indie machine!
Yeap, Vita was an amazing machine and I bought one on its release. Such a waste that they abandoned it.

I still stand by what I have been saying, if the dualsense edge is $200, then this should be $200 too.

A dualsense is $70 (can be found or $50), but somehow, replaceable thumb sticks, back buttons, and trigger stops make it $200? and yet we have a problem with a $200 version of the dual sense that has a screen, better speakers, and lets me play PS5 from anywhere in the world?

I mean I don't disagree with you, though it also comes with a case, usb cable, and then you consider the backend software configuration and you're getting a bit more. There is also somewhat of an established price for pro controllers. The SCUF which I believe is officially licensed is also 199 as an entry-level price.

As I mentioned a bit ago, I'd hope this comes down to 150 and a 200 dollar OLED model is released. That being said there's still no market here for me.

Killjoy-NL

It has nothing to do with hiding numbers or not, or whether Sony is confident. NPD doesn't publicly reveal the numbers anyway.

What Sony is saying is that the Portal should be considered hardware and not an accessory. Which hints that they have a plan to allow non-PS5-owners to buy it in the future.

Regarding the S/X split, Sony doesn't regularly reveal model splits either. But unlike Microsoft, they do reveal console hardware figures.
There's a difference though:

PS5 and PS5 DE are the exact same system.

Series S and X are different systems.

Woopah

There's a difference though:

PS5 and PS5 DE are the exact same system.

Series S and X are different systems.
Series S and X are two models of the same system, just like the One S and X.

Its similar to PS4 and PS4 Pro, 3DS and New 3DS, DS and DSi, Switch Lite and Switch OLED etc. etc.

That's why it's treated that way by every industry tracker.

Last edited:

iHaunter

To be fair, people are probably paying the early adopters tax on it. I could easily see this dropping in price in time to 150 and perhaps an OLED version takes its place at 200.
That's what I'm hoping happens. OLED and Bluetooth. Lack of bluetooth in 2023 is ridiculous.

Top Bottom