• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Black Friday starts on November 17

Draugoth

Gold Member
PYD-Holiday-23_OO_Digital-Banners_All-Up_Comp_Black-Friday-Hero-XS_1920x1080_02-8e45564d7a594cd474ff.jpg

Black Friday: Save $50 on Select Xbox Series X|S Consoles, 1 ,000+ Games on Sale, and More!​

Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift for the gamer in your life or are ready to embark on new gaming adventures this holiday season, we’ve got you covered. We are thrilled to announce our full line-up of Black Friday offers that range from $50 off select Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles to $10 off select Xbox Wireless Controllers and incredible savings off the season’s hottest games.
Please Note: Discounts in this article are US-only – please check your local version of Xbox.com or Microsoft Store for deals in your region.

Discounts on Select Xbox Consoles, Over 1,000 games, Accessories, and More are Available Starting Soon

Starting November 17:
  • Save up to 50% on digital games
  • Save up to 65 % on select games from Xbox Game Studios
  • Save up to 67% on select PC digital games
Starting November 18:
  • $50 off select Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles
  • Save $10 on select Xbox Wireless Controllers
Starting November 23:
  • Get free engraving on the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 created with Xbox Design Lab
This blog will be updated with links above as deals go live.

Black Friday Is Coming! $50 Off Select Xbox Consoles

Experience next-gen speed and performance with $50 USD off select Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles, starting on Saturday, November 18. Whether you’re just getting started on your gaming journey, upgrading to a next-gen console, or joining Xbox for the first time, we have the perfect console for you.
Xbox Series X – Save $50: Experience true 4K gaming, faster load times and gameplay of up to 120fps* with Xbox Series X, the fastest, most powerful Xbox ever. Plus, the Xbox Series X Diablo IV Bundle and Xbox Series X Forza Horizon 5 Bundle are also $50 off for Black Friday while supplies last!
Xbox Series S Starter Bundle – Save $50: Easily jump into the world of gaming on Xbox with the Xbox Series S Starter Bundle for only $249.99 USD. This bundle includes everything you need to play right out of the box with the next-gen speed and performance of Xbox Series S and access to hundreds of games—including Starfield, Forza Motorsport, and Minecraft Legends—with three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate**. For more information about the Xbox Starter Bundle, visit xbox.com.
In addition to $50 off select Xbox consoles, check out our full line-up of must-see Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on xbox.com , on Microsoft Store and at participating retailers worldwide. Pricing, availability and offer periods will vary by region and retailer. Available while supplies last.

Get Incredible Deals on Over a Thousand Games

With up to 50% off over 1,000 console games, it’s a great time to stock up on titles like Starfield, Forza Motorsport + Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition Bundle, EA Sports FC 24, NBA 2K24, Mortal Kombat 1, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Diablo IV, and more.
Save big with up to 67% off on select PC game titles like The Jackbox Party Pack 10, Disneyland Adventures, and Destiny 2: Lightfall. Your next favorite game could be just a few clicks away. Head to xbox.com or Microsoft Store on Xbox, starting November 17 to see what’s on sale.

Save Up to 65% on Select Games from Xbox Game Studios

This holiday, some of the most played Xbox Game Studios titles are going to be easier to get your hands on than ever before. Discounts of up to 65% off titles like Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 5, Minecraft Legends, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite, and Sea of Thieves make it a great time to head to Microsoft Store or your local retailer to see what’s in stock and pick up one of these titles for the gamer in your life.

Save $10 on Select Xbox Wireless Controllers

Add an Xbox Wireless Controller to your holiday list for every gamer in your life. All controllers feature Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth® technology for wireless gaming on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, PC, mobile phones and tablets. With a wide range of colors and designs to choose from this season, everyone will be excited when they unwrap their special controller.
Visit Microsoft Store or a participating retailer for more information and for deals available in your area.

Get Free Engraving on the Elite Series 2 Controller with Xbox Design Lab

If you’re looking to get a unique controller for the gamer in your life, Xbox Design Lab has you covered. Starting from November 23 through November 30, you can receive free personalized engraving on any Elite Series 2 Controller purchased through Xbox Design Lab. With over a billion color combinations to choose from, you can create a controller that matches any style. This offer is available in all Xbox Design Lab markets.

Shop Microsoft Store for More Deals and Gift Ideas

From Xbox consoles, to Surface devices and accessories, to games, movies and apps that bring your devices alive, Microsoft Store has something for everyone on your list. Whether you start early or are looking for a last-minute gift, Microsoft Store Promise gives shoppers extra peace of mind with fast and free shippingi, flexible payment options, an extended holiday return window and an extended low-price protection. For a seamless experience, gift-givers can also set up a free online appointment with a Microsoft product expert to learn how to set up a console or subscription, so that it’s ready right out of the box. For a full list of Black Friday and Cyber Week offers, visit Windows Experience blog.
Check with xbox.com, Microsoft Store, and participating retailers for more details on special offers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Crossing my fingers that Infinite Undiscovery finally goes on sale. Pretty soon I'll just bite the bullet on it in case it gets delisted

I already own it, but it's been surprising to me that a game like Deadly Premonition has *never* gone on sale since it's come to the digital store.

I would also pick up Arkham Origins if it goes on sale.

Bridges

I already own it, but it's been surprising to me that a game like Deadly Premonition has *never* gone on sale since it's come to the digital store.

I would also pick up Arkham Origins if it goes on sale.
Yeah I think I grabbed DP digital as soon as it became back compat. I think I have four copies of it now between Xbox, Steam and Switch lol. Series X is hands down the best way to play it.

Arkham Origins I don't think I'd even available digitally unless I'm mistaken? I think that's a physical-only BC like 50 Cent.

adamsapple

Yeah I think I grabbed DP digital as soon as it became back compat. I think I have four copies of it now between Xbox, Steam and Switch lol. Series X is hands down the best way to play it.

Arkham Origins I don't think I'd even available digitally unless I'm mistaken? I think that's a physical-only BC like 50 Cent.

I think you're spot on there, my bad.

OrtizTwelve

XBOX had the same deal last year, only difference was the Series X wasn’t discounted, just the Series S. This year it’s both models.

bender

What time is it?

I bought it as soon as it got relisted in fear of it getting delisted again. It's still the best way to play the game after all these years which is insane.

Target currently has 10% off of an electronic item through Circle plus you get a free full priced game so Series X + game for $485 or so.

Vyse

Gold Member
Looking for the best deals on Assassin’s Creed Mirage and Resident Evil 4. Held out on both for Black Friday.

Antwix

Which DBZ game do you recommend mate?

Looking to play some on my PC/Xbox

Missing the DBZ world
By dbz kick, I mean more just the anime/movies. Not games. Which is why I'm interested in DBZ Kakarot. Kakarot seems the best if you want single player and experience the same story. Fighterz looks great and everyone seems to like it but only if you're interested in multiplayer fighting games. I can't recommend anything though since I haven't played a DBZ game in over a decade.

adamsapple

Looks like the discount prices for Xbox have started applying, XBDeals shows ~900 items with discounts.

Trueachievements will probably make a curated list on this by tomorrow, but if someone wants to see it raw, go to xbdeals.net

IFzgbcR.jpg

El Muerto

Last year the Black Friday sale started i think on the same date. I bought a Series S with my MS rewards points and the next day they updated the page to where it includes a free pair of wired Xbox headphones. Might be worth it to wait a day or two if you plan on getting a console. Deal from last year. I got like 330k MS rewards points right now, was hoping for a better deal on the elite 2 and use my points on that.

My back log is already too big but there are games I want to play going on sale. Do I hold off or continue to build that back log?

adamsapple

Revelations 1+2 bundle is also 7.99. Stock up on RE if youre missing any. Cant beat $4 a game.

Zero: $4.99
REmake remaster: $4.99
RE4/5/6 Triple pack: $12 (or $4.99 each)
RE2 and RE3 remake: $9.99 each
Village: $15.99
CVx and ORC (ORC is 60 FPS compatible on Series consoles): $3.99 each
Revelations 1: $4.99
Revelations 2: $5.99

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Gollum down to 30. Im waiting for 4.99 then Im all over it.

Afterimage $15. Has been getting some good buzz but I dont know for sure.

Vampyr 7.99.

Redfall $17.49 lol. Not bad. MagiusNecros MagiusNecros

Psychonauts 2 $15

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Remnant 2 is 34 usd the standard edition and the Ultimate Edition is 49 usd.

My backlog....

Calm Down 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

One of the bigger disappointments for me this year. The original was a nice surprise and my expectations were kind of low considering it was a PS+ freebie and art style is kind of unappealing. That game started off slow and then picked up steam as it went along. I pre-order the sequel since I enjoyed the original so much and it has the opposite problem where it starts off strong and then peters out and culminates with a terrible last boss. I haven't tried the DLC yet but I need to talk my co-op partner into booting it up again which might be a tall order.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Mega Man Legacy Collection $6. MM 1-6 so $1 a game. But they're real old so that's about the right price.

Last edited:

Aion002

One of the bigger disappointments for me this year. The original was a nice surprise and my expectations were kind of low considering it was a PS+ freebie and art style is kind of unappealing. That game started off slow and then picked up steam as it went along. I pre-order the sequel since I enjoyed the original so much and it has the opposite problem where it starts off strong and then peters out and culminates with a terrible last boss. I haven't tried the DLC yet but I need to talk my co-op partner into booting it up again which might be a tall order.
Damn... That's a pity. I also did a quick search and I learned that the game runs at sub 1080p on the Series S at 30 frames with drops.

I guess I will wait for a better sale on the ps5 version.

Thanks for the heads-up.

bender

What time is it?
Damn... That's a pity. I also did a quick search and I learned that the game runs at sub 1080p on the Series S at 30 frames with drops.

I guess I will wait for a better sale on the ps5 version.

Thanks for the heads-up.

It's by no means bad. I guess I can chalk it up to expectations. I will say the first few hours were really fun, especially coming off of Diablo IV (speaking of disappointments).

Top Bottom