• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Working on a Digital Xbox Series X in White Color

twilo99

The Series S is the best looking console this generation imo, seriously. And great value. (Try building a PC for anything like the same specs and price.)

I dunno about the best looking but it’s certainly best when it comes to size and efficiency.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just why if true?
Ride out with the existing product line now and do a reset with the next generation.

Elios83

Basically the adorably digital model that they originally wanted to launch at 499$ will be now used to copy Sony's strategy?
Wasn't Spencer just telling us they didn't plan to kill physical like 2 days ago rofl?
Seems like the plan changed not in the existence of the product but on the fact that it won't fully replace the current XSX and will be offered at a lower price as a digital only SKU.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Black one has a big ole disc.

The white one? Not so much.
boo-this-man-kevin-the-office-two-thumbs-down-idzbu0v5n45z19z9.gif

hinch7

Xbox Series X shown to us include an improved heatsink and an upgraded Nexus card as opposed to the one on the current Xbox Series X.

What's a Nexus card???

the Wi-Fi card???
Guessing the external SSD. The one in the current Series consoles is kind of slow - in todays standards.

Last edited:
Isn't the XSX still like $449 on Amazon now? So the digital XSX would be what? $349 officially?
That would be a killer price if it happened. I get that MS wanted to push the Series S digital version, but MS should have had a digital Series X from day one. $500 is just too much money for me to spend on a console. Heck, I have a hard time getting excited about spending $300 on a console. I raged many times on gaf about Nintendo's stubborn refusal to lower the price of a 6 year old console and refused to buy one as a result. The only reason I have a Switch now is because I was able to find a seller on FB marketplace with multiple games for less than $200. Nintendo is effed in the head when it comes to their prices and I hate them for it. For all the hate MS gets I'm blown away that there isn't more lashback or aren't more people attacking nintendo for being sick greedy bastards.

Case in point: the Switch will be 7 years old in less than 2 weeks and the wankers at Nintendo are still selling it at full price. The Nintendo defense force will immediately say it's business and why not if people are still willing to pay, but on the other hand MS is evil for literally everything they do. :pie_eyeroll:

Copying Sony would be like this Digital edition would be $449 with (maybe) an external drive available for $79-$99.

Yeah the disc model is $449 on Amazon right now. My guess is that will be discontinued.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Seriously, they can't sell their actual stock and want to make a new hardware, seems very... wise 😵‍💫

The same reason as any console maker does iterations. It'll most probably be cheaper and the components will cost them less to manufacture per unit.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It won’t change a thing for the Series X console. It didn’t sell with it’s discounts so why would people suddenly buy this?

sendit

It won’t change a thing for the Series X console. It didn’t sell with it’s discounts so why would people suddenly buy this?

I agree, it won't change anything. Microsoft, effectively killed the Series X by undercutting it with the Series S.

Even their fans continue to push it as a great value proposition: "The Series S plays the same games as the Series X at the fraction of the price"

Last edited:
Top Bottom