• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Images Of Rumored White Xbox Series X With No Disc Drive

rkofan87

Gold Member
i had an s for a bit it was good looking box this is trash the x look does not look good in white.

Last edited:

Geruda065

If true this is done to keep lowest price posible. As all left over parts from regural Series X are compatible. I would take it for right price ;)

JackMcGunns

maybe xbox should stick to consoles instead of dehumidifiers

Too late, already taken

EnWe5HSXUAQ3StB.jpg

You must've missed the PS5 "slim".
This is nothing like the PS5 slim. While the looks are subjective (I actually like the slim more overall), the console itself is actually noticeably smaller and the fact that you can add or remove the disc drive is great.

This is just a quick and no effort way to release an all digital console just like what they did last generation. They would have had to redesign most of the console because when you look at the inside of a Series X there’s not much room to make things smaller really.

Now whether they should have is a different question. It costs a lot to redesign a console. It costs barely anything to simply not cut out a slot and remove a component.

They're really leaning into the "It's just a generic white box for Gamepass" aesthetic huh

Everyone likes to shit on the PS5 design but nobody will slag it for being a generic white box

I personally just like the generic look. I don't really like the way the PS5 looks at all but the slim is better at least. Either way how my console looks is probably the last thing on my mind when I buy one.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
They should've released this back in 2020 instead of that shitbox series S.

And yeah it is a pretty lazy redesign. I like my consoles black

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I hope they ditched the two tone controller redesign too. That thing looked awful.
Not even the two tone colors bothered me as much as how much they mangled the shape and ergonomics of it... it looks like an ugly stadia controller. I'd be all for gyro support but not like this

King Dazzar

Did you read the rest of my comment? The unit is already very small compared to the PS5, just look at the picture lol.

This design is so efficient. Not enough credit was given to Xbox engineers.

1o9lS6q.gif
I thought the XSX was a great bit of kit, hardware wise. But for me this refresh just looks so lacklustre in terms of effort. And just another push towards what MS wants, digital only.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Did you read the rest of my comment? The unit is already very small compared to the PS5, just look at the picture lol.

This design is so efficient. Not enough credit was given to Xbox engineers.

1o9lS6q.gif

Yeah, it always reminded me of the GameCube. That thing was packed together in a pretty amazing way. So tiny next to the original Xbox, which wasn't THAT much more powerful.

Sushi_Combo

My lord! Gets worse every time I see it. Such a horrendous design. Is that like a little stand on the slim just so it can sit horizontally? 😂

At least the XS consoles are inoffensive in their design. I actually quite like the box look, sits well with the rest of my equipment. MUCH better in black though, the white is not nice.
I like my consoles to be offensive, deal with it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yes and lol? It's still a shitty ass refresh four years later
iu

Removing about 15-20% of the internal components with the disk drive, not changing anything in terms of the design. It’s absolutely lazy.

Sony removed what, 30% of the total volume of disc and digital consoles? Initially I’d agree that the Series consoles looked better than the OG PS5 models but the slims (particularly the digital) look miles better.

This is more garbage from Microsoft.

DaGwaphics

I think a color swap would be a good way to differentiate the systems with upgraded storage, at least you'd know at a glance whether it is the 512GB/1TB or 1TB/2TB skus.

JackMcGunns

Yeah, it always reminded me of the GameCube. That thing was packed together in a pretty amazing way. So tiny next to the original Xbox, which wasn't THAT much more powerful.

Xbox was considerably more powerful, the problem is the tech in Xbox was too new, programmable shaders lead the way to what we use today, but was something very new in the industry at the time. Games like Splinter Cell being on the more capable PC was the only real benchmark at the time, in fact the Xbox was so much more advanced that it can even handle games in HD.

Top Bottom