• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Images Of Rumored White Xbox Series X With No Disc Drive

//DEVIL//

Looking at the pics in this thread, Needs:
- Proper anti-aliasing technique
- DLSS quality at least
- Depth of field
- higher texture

honestly 2 out of 10. fucking shit what a bad port.

wait, no disk drive too? fking hell Review : 0 out of 10. avoid at all costs. lol

Last edited:

freefornow

Gold Member
Comes from eXtasis. From the article:
That'll do it!!
Rubbing Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

nick776

From the Verge article

If Microsoft is planning to launch this particular disc-less Xbox Series X soon, that would suggest the company has canceled or pushed back the refreshed version of the Xbox Series X console that leaked in FTC v. Microsoft documents last year.

What Can I Say Lol GIF by Max
HeisenbergFX4--is the new controller still coming soon?

Mooreberg

Really glad I jumped on the post black Friday sale of the disc based Series X. This thing is functionally useless to anyone with a healthy backlog of physical Xbox games from the past two decades. The aesthetics are doing it no favors, either.

saintjules

From the Verge article

If Microsoft is planning to launch this particular disc-less Xbox Series X soon, that would suggest the company has canceled or pushed back the refreshed version of the Xbox Series X console that leaked in FTC v. Microsoft documents last year.

What Can I Say Lol GIF by Max

It's real :)

phant0m

Really glad I jumped on the post black Friday sale of the disc based Series X. This thing is functionally useless to anyone with a healthy backlog of physical Xbox games from the past two decades. The aesthetics are doing it no favors, either.
Same. Tree fiddy was a banger price, plus I traded my Series S in at gameslop during pro week for $150, making it net $100 +tax

nick776

This is yet another bad idea for Xbox. They SHOULD have released a white Series X back in 2022 to boost sales. Releasing it now, when it is not a redesign or the cylinder we all thought was coming, will not move the needle. Yet again--too little, too late. They deserve to fail, I just wish they would go full third party instead of continuing to limp along like this.

The way this is bolted down makes me wonder if this is a test / dev unit. Like Wiis that were in Gamecube shells.

Releasing this as a consumer product doesn't make sense, MS can afford to retool and put out a pleasing console shape. This looks like the sort of desperate rehash an almost bankrupt toy company puts out along side a shit tv documentary before they go under.

Last edited:

Akuji

Will check ebay every now and then. If i can get the original series x extremely cheap, will buy it. Just to have the ability to play kameo at 4k if i want to

BlazinAm

This console gen was Microsoft best chance of recreating the xbox360 era and they really whiffed it hard. This thing needs to be dirt cheap so that they can move some units and get gamepass moving up.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Current black Series X looks good and I learned to accept its minifridge look. It nicely blends into the background and you don't see the dust piling on top of it. ;)

But yeah, the key issue - no Bluray drive, no buy.

disappointing that all they have done is remove the disk drive. would have hoped to see a slightly smaller design.
Maybe there is more to it, perhaps a slight overclock since it surely will be drawing less power and run slightly cooler. Yes I know it probably wont be the case but I can dream

Top Bottom