• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s Black Friday promotions begin November 17

Draugoth

Gold Member
c52daffa87c4e02fa9dd4082b343e1213bdc9b15-scaled.jpg

Here comes another exciting shopping season, with PlayStation’s Black Friday promotions happening this month. There are a variety of deals on games, hardware, and more across PlayStation Store, direct.playstation.com, PlayStation Gear Store, and at participating retailers.

Offers will vary by region and retailer. Be sure to visit the official PlayStation Black Friday site starting on November 17 for updates on local deals.

Get it directly at direct.playstation.com​

There will be fantastic deals during PlayStation’s Black Friday promotion directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com. Deals include PlayStation 5 consoles that come with a select game such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III; DualSense wireless controllers; PS5 Console Covers; and select PS5, PS4, and PC titles, while supplies last. Head over to direct.playstation.com for more details on the offers, promotional period, and to view products available this season.

Deals at Participating Retailers​

PS5 products are also available at participating retailers globally. Check your local retailer for details on any seasonal PlayStation promotions, such as the PlayStation 5 console bundle with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III deal* where available.

(*Only at participating retailers, while supplies last.)

PlayStation Plus​

During PlayStation’s Black Friday promotion from November 17 – 27, players who join PlayStation Plus can save up to 30% on 12-month membership plans. Current PlayStation Plus members can save 25% when upgrading a current plan to PlayStation Plus Extra, or save 30% when upgrading to PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe.

With PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe, you can discover hundreds of PS4 and PS5 titles through the Game Catalog* and Classics Catalog*, including acclaimed games like Horizon Forbidden West, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sea of Stars, and many more. With the recently launched Sony Pictures Core app, PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members also have access to the Sony Pictures Catalog** with over 100 movies to stream on demand.

PlayStation Gear​

From November 17 – 27, visit PlayStation Gear to save up to 20% off on a range of merchandise, apparel, and more – no promo code necessary. From November 24 – 27, orders over $75 will get free shipping and automatically include a PlayStation Heritage Katakana Hat.

Visit gear.playstation.com for more details.

PlayStation Store​

Big discounts are also headed to PlayStation Store for Black Friday. Starting November 17 – 27, grab deals on PS5 and PS4 games, including hit titles like EA Sports FC 24, NBA 2K24, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and much more. Make sure to head over to PlayStation Store when the sale begins to view the full selection and find out your local deals.

I have about 9 things on my ps wishlist atm. Hoping for deals on:

Tlou pt 1
Forspoken
Dead Island 2
Jedi survivor

I can't buy physical as I have the superior digital edition only.
As with every Black Friday sale and every Golden week sale, I just wait and hope that the few obscure japanese wishlist games I added years ago finally go on sale. Even CoD games drop in price before they do.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Step 1: Increase PS+ Price
Step 2: Offer 30% discount to bring price back to 'regular'
Step 3: Label it as a "black friday deal"

clever girl.

If Extra is at or around 60~ anywhere, may add another year.

So no PS+ deal for existing members to extend their current plan? I'm enjoying PS+ Extra but with the price hike I can't see myself continuing once my current sub ends.
That's kinda how I read it as well... Surely Sony won't be this fucking greedy after just raising the annual PS+ prices...

Unknown?

anyone else remembering back to when 'black friday deals' were actually deals?...
Yes and so far it seems everywhere is doing this. Black Friday all month! Not! It's just a normal sale and having deep black Friday deals all month would either have empty shelves in a matter of days or bankrupt the retailer.

Sw0pDiller

i want Ragnarok to be on sale. plus RE4 remake for 20 euro. Also Mirage. Damn i have no time to play al these games... Just finished Hogwards and am now running around shooting crazy robot dinosaurs. What a time to be alive!

Yes and so far it seems everywhere is doing this. Black Friday all month! Not! It's just a normal sale and having deep black Friday deals all month would either have empty shelves in a matter of days or bankrupt the retailer.
i say we go with 'black november!' (unless, of course, anyone finds it offensive &/or 'hurtful')...

Banjo64

cumsessed
Guessing it’ll be the same everywhere? In the UK it’s 30% off Plus prices for new members, or members upgrading to a higher tier. 25% off for existing subscribers stacking.

Terrible.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
According to combat tactics, Black Friday is November 24.

giphy.gif

There will be many people who compare PSN cards for the discount of ps plus , and there many scammers.

map-let-me-see.gif

The evil scammers is so high

lilo-and-stitch-badness.gif

So, Sony supposedly says there will be a 30 percent discount on the PS PLUS.

So the tactic is to buy 2 cards of $50 cards, to already have the PS Plus Premium and save money throughout the year.

So im going to earn only this and get this cards

Lets go soldier

db5jelp-3e2d4e91-0b36-4f01-9266-a889ef2e9828.gif

Katajx

Gold Member
Step 1: Increase PS+ Price
Step 2: Offer 30% discount to bring price back to 'regular'
Step 3: Label it as a "black friday deal"

clever girl.

If Extra is at or around 60~ anywhere, may add another year.
I’ve been looking at OLEDs for awhile and it’s been marketed about the same. Hurry this deal won’t last long! Oh, it’s the same still, it’s just a “Black Friday” deal now.

I got my ps4 slim during black friday 2017 for $199. Never again will I get a bargIn like that. I do miss the monthly flash sales that would be over the weekend and have 75% off random list of games. Maybe in the future we can have a discount on oxygen to breathe since everything costs so damn much!

shaddam

My backlog is huge on multiple platforms, but I'm sure I will find something again. Problaby smaller games (hopefully boltgun), as I dont think that the dead space remake, tlou part1 will get huge discount.

GymWolf

Do we know if they put a discount on the new headphones that are not released yet?

150 euros is a bit steep for something with sony dogshit build quality.

Last edited:

engstra

I didn't realize, they offered a streaming service for the premium members. Downloaded it to see what they had to offer. Probably the saddest offering of movies I've seen.

Looking for resi4 and dead space at around £20. But have a feeling dead space will hit ps+ the month after I buy it 😬🙈😂

Also fancy robocop getting a good price cut to keep it relevant against a weak cod

Also curious like most about the psn sub discounts. Price rises and then discounts never sit well and you feel scammed (like most places do on Black Friday I guess these days 🤬)

Last edited:
Top Bottom