• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Essential November 2023: Aliens Fireteam Elite, Mafia II: Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball: The Breakers

Didn’t they give the Mafia Trilogy bundle before?
Mafia 3 and 1 were in Essential and 2 (and 1) were in PS Plus Premium before. So this is the final game to complete the trilogy and keep that too inside an active Plus membership.
Realistically, what games would people be happy with?
Probably impossible to get a GP or Plus thread without some haters, because way too many people have no sense of value anymore and call everything trash, the most idiotic ones, hate the included games because they already bought and played them.

I guess not even adding everything, and I mean also every third party game, day one would make the cry babies happy nowadays. We get a library bigger than the entire N64 lineup for tier 2 and roughly the same number on top off that with tier 3, and realistically enough games for the average casual gamer to have something to do every month the essential tier, without ever needing to buy anything any more, and people act like it's expensive.

The only way to silence the whining would be to make every Plus tier entirely free.

Neolombax

Very disappointing month for me personally. I swear I've seen Mafia 2 on PS Plus before. Aliens Fireteam Elite is a really good game, good enough that I purchased the expansion on release date. Managed to complete the whole campaign solo on average difficulty, bots are pretty dumb at time but they are quite tough fodder. I read somewhere the dev's are planning to update the 2 bots sometime, maybe make them better? Good shooter, with some replayability to collect the weapons and upgrade classes and weapons.

DB Breakers I have no interest whatsoever.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I've been playing it pretty much every day the last month or so and I find people to play with every game. I do have crossplay turned on and I use quick play though but that's fine for what I want to do.
Idk, maybe it depends on the region then. Because whenever I tried to revisit it in the last year or so, I could never find other players. The only time when I did was during the first few weeks after the game originally released.

Pigenator

Glad it's been more than a year since the last time I paid for PS+
You get maybe a couple of good months in a year, and wow this month's is especially shitty lmao
Hard to believe people willing to pay after that insane price hike

engstra

Realistically, what games would people be happy with?
Personally I would like to see focus being given to smaller games that maybe didn't get the love they reserved. Interesting indies, AA games etc. Tbf this month's offering is kinda that. Feels like quite often they give some dodgy filler multiplayer game.

There's some games I really hope will be offered every month like Pathless, Season, Tinykin to give a few examples

Price increase was so they could “continue providing exceptional value to our members”, and this is what they offer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom