• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is what?! Children sleep tonight and for the rest of their lives without a parent? Who gives a flying fuck what was in his car? He didn't reach for anything but the sky.

He's saying there it is to the police pulling out their justifications for seeing him as a threat. It's an expected part of these police shootings now.

RobertM

White people, myself included, need to start putting ourselves between these racists and their potential victims. We need to do this. We can't stand by doing nothing. I'm serious. We need to be human shields if it comes to that. This is fucking madness.
Race is one problem, the other is the institution itself that promotes and protects these types of actions. I have a disdaine for cops and don't feel any safer when they are around, so why would we call upon an organization that puts so little though about human lives thats it's willing to take them so easily?

george_us

"That nigger was on PCP, Johnson! I had to use necessary force! You saw him!"

And I have to go to Detroit tomorrow to drop my sister off at the airport. God help me.

Why would we? We benefit every day of our lives from white supremacy and doing anything to stop topple the structures of that supremacy would be a net negative for a lot of white folks, in their eyes.

That's even if they actively know they have a leg up. If you asked a lot of rural whites they'd say they have it just as hard as blacks. A lot of white folks just skate by on general ignorance of their benefits, thinking that they have it bad in rural Texas because they have to rely on government assistance to get by or because they could only just barely afford a house or their kids.

Getting the slovenly whites to join in causes of social justice is going to be extremely difficult because as of now they have no reason to. When presented with obvious injustice they'll probably decry it, but they won't vote out political leaders that are continuing policies of black oppression. The White Moderate has always been just as intransigent as any when it comes to black lives.

There it is.

My bad.

This is just the most blatant case of badge justified, no possible threat, lets execute him to be sure, abuse of power I've pretty much ever seen.

It makes me sick to my tummy.

Don't worry, I feel ya man. I literally am at the point where I know justice wont be served no matter what and just am waiting to see what bullshit the police use to justify murder. It's sad.

Dude literally go executed and they're trying to hit us with PCP. Disgusting.

It's not relevant. All it is is a push to make him seem less innocent aka. worth killing. The more they can throw, the more worthy of death he becomes in the public eye.

My favorite is when they trot out the ol' line of, "Well, living a life like that, it's not like he was going to live much longer anyway . . . "

686.gif

Why would we? We benefit every day of our lives from white supremacy and doing anything to stop topple the structures of that supremacy would be a net negative for a lot of white folks, in their eyes.

That's even if they actively know they have a leg up. If you asked a lot of rural whites they'd say they have it just as hard as blacks. A lot of white folks just skate by on general ignorance of their benefits, thinking that they have it bad in rural Texas because they have to rely on government assistance to get by or because they could only just barely afford a house or their kids.

Getting the slovenly whites to join in causes of social justice is going to be extremely difficult because as of now they have no reason to. When presented with obvious injustice they'll probably decry it, but they won't vote out political leaders that are continuing policies of black oppression. The White Moderate has always been just as intransigent as any when it comes to black lives.

No lies detected

American hero supercop saw the PCP in his blood with x-ray vision eagle eyes from 50 yards away.

For real, every american police officer should be ashamed to be a part of the institution that is reponsible for the executions of innocent people because of the color of their skin.
I really think that every cop in the US that isnt publicly speaking up against this is carrying part of the blame.

LiK

AP tweeted about the PCP in car thing and i replied and of course all the Trump supporters reply to me trying to justify the cop's actions.

edit: yup, blocking those idiots hard.

rjinaz

It's easier to think the Blacks are doing it to themselves than to think we may actually be responsible. Too uncomfortable.

marrec

Banned
It's easier to think the Blacks are doing it to themselves than to think we may actually be responsible. Too uncomfortable.

It's scary how many of my white liberal friends will follow up the phrase "black lives matter" with "yes but"

Yes but, what about rioting in Ferguson and Baltimore

Yes but, what about black on black violence

Yes but, racism isn't as big a factor in 2016 as it was in the past

Yes but, ....

Black Lives Matter doesn't require a qualifier... except if you're comfortable and white in America.

I really wish I could give the 1960s social media for a day and see how they reacted to the police putting dogs on black people or lynching black people.

I wonder what kind of defense force we'd see from all over the country

Afrikan

American hero supercop saw the PCP in his blood with x-ray vision eagle eyes from 50 yards away.

For real, every american police officer should be ashamed to be a part of the institution that is reponsible for the executions of innocent people because of the color of their skin.
I really think that every cop in the US that isnt publicly speaking up against this is carrying part of the blame.

damn... it's crazy how yeeeeeears ago, Dave Chappelle had a joke relating to that.

"That n****r was on PCP, Johnson. I had to use necessary force! You saw him."

smh.

The most maddening part of these stories, aside from the very essence, is how things keep getting so much worse and outlandish---they are thriving on the escalation almost, as I suppose the conditions institutionally across the board pretty much encourage as such at this long simmering rate.

There is a greater than zero chance we will one day see a full out pogrom on the nightly news in America and people will find a way to defend/deflect/dehumanize/diminish the entire damned lot of it---even doing so excitedly, just to complete this damned circle of Never Again in terms of authorities so drunk with so much power and conditioned malice.

I don't even know what can at least stem the momentum of these pretty well full on nightmares, let alone make serious progress on reversing course given all of this festering rot has been accruing for decades at so many levels. 2016 and we're still in such terrible straits.

BradC00

where's the video from the first on scene car? you have a helicopter recording and the 2nd car recording, but the first one doesn't have any footage? they are probably hiding more shit

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sure cops on GAF have answered this before, and I haven't seen the answer...

Why in the world do the cops just stand there after shooting a man and not even attempt any form of first aid?

The shooting is disturbing enough, but to see them all just stand around after it is absolutely monstrous.

The Kree

Banned
Sure cops on GAF have answered this before, and I haven't seen the answer...

Why in the world do the cops just stand there after shooting a man and not even attempt any form of first aid?

The shooting is disturbing enough, but to see them all just stand around after it is absolutely monstrous.

Because he could have phoenix down in his back pocket.

onken

Police unions will do everything they can to fight it - despite them being fair demands. They seem to want absolute power, and more importantly, be granted everyone's idolatry. Some really psycho individuals in police unions... and apparently on the force as well.

Doesn't mean we give up though.

The old Johannes Mehserle defense. Or Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, who used the same excuse. I bet you all forgot about this, also happened in Tulsa. He even got to go on TV with his family and DEFEND HIMSELF (Matt Lauer actually did a good job here). Some of that old white privilege there. Jury wasn't convinced though (the defenses argument was so lame and insulting)

That Eric Harris video was sickening.

Saw this on Twitter, from Russell Westbrook's instagram (for those that don't follow the NBA, Russell Westbrook is one of the top 10 basketball players in the world)..

Cs1hGxKVUAAt_gk.jpg:large

Measley

I am waiting with bated breath for Kate Upton's thoughts.

I want Colin Kaepernick to take a knee on Sunday and give the middle finger while he does it.

I'm really tired of this shit. It's getting to the point now where I'm afraid to get stopped by the cops.

Saw this on Twitter, from Russell Westbrook's instagram (for those that don't follow the NBA, Russell Westbrook is one of the top 10 basketball players in the world)..

Very powerful but something people just don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that the racial bias in these police departments are the source for these deaths. Building up black people among themselves as dangerous and criminals not to be trusted. They're the people you must have your weapon ready for cause you never know what they might do. PDs with these horrid marks on their records don't want to admit that they've created a culture of fear and officers that turn into cowards when in the presence of black skin.

Jesus help this nation.

Jesus doesn't give a shit either.

LOL

Ploid 3.0

It doesn't even have to be that dramatic.

White people could change this shit overnight if they wanted to by just putting their foot down and saying "enough!" in large numbers.

They won't do that because they don't fucking care.

Maybe if a pretty blond girl is shot by a rookie cop not knowing she was pretty and blond. They will see their daughter, their sister, mother in that situation. They will empathize with her family, they will get mad, and fearful if more blond girls started getting killed by cops on video. Cops know they will be in big trouble if they were to do that though, so they won't dare defend the person that screw up and do that. Justice served, everyone gets closure on the movie star blonde look alike girl. The system works, for that victim type.

qcf x2

That's real, glad he posted that.

I basically wrote this post a week ago. The only incentive for white America to even seriously talk about doing anything is the abstract stuff like morality and virtue, which most people just don't really care THAT much about. Oh, and to try to get votes from the oppressed. Besides that, it's essentially a hundreds of years old case of "not my problem."

Bu-bu-but he is a millionaire...why is he complaining?!?

As with Chris Rock, we learned you can't graduate out of this shit. You can't earn enough money to inoculate yourself from these effects. A top 10 player in the NBA is terrified of the people that are supposed to protect us. There you go, America. But we need to stand for that flag, right?!

😐

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Maybe if a pretty blond girl is shot by a rookie cop not knowing she was pretty and blond. They will see their daughter, their sister, mother in that situation. They will empathize with her family, they will get mad, and fearful if more blond girls started getting killed by cops on video. Cops know they will be in big trouble if they were to do that though, so they won't dare defend the person that screw up and do that. Justice served, everyone gets closure on the movie star blonde look alike girl. The system works, for that victim type.
Cops shot and killed a 12 year old white girl earlier this year. Don't even think it made the national news.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Cops shot and killed a 12 year old white girl earlier this year. Don't even think it made the national news.
http://time.com/4178374/pennsylvania-police-shoot-kill-12-year-old-girl/

Context is important. The fact it wasn't some OH OH UH HE WAS ON PCP AND I FEARED FOR MY LIFE and ended this way

Bill Stoessler, spokesman for the Commonwealth Constables Association, of which Steele is a member, said Steele was “shattered” at Ciara’s death and had voluntarily suspended himself from the force.

Makes things different as well.

The girl got caught in cross fire, cop took it bad. Radically shitty for different reasons

excuse my ignorance but what has upton do with it?

In my opinion, the national anthem is a symbolic song about our country. It represents honoring the many brave men and women who sacrifice and have sacrificed their lives each and every single day to protect our freedom. Sitting or kneeling down during the national anthem is a disgrace to those people who have served and currently serve our country. Sitting down during the national anthem on September 11th is even more horrific. Protest all you want and use social media all you want. However, during the nearly two minutes when that song is playing, I believe everyone should put their hands on their heart and be proud of our country for we are all truly blessed. Recent history has shown that it is a place where anyone no matter what race or gender has the potential to become President of the United States. We live in the most special place in the world and should be thankful. After the song is over, I would encourage everyone to please use the podium they have, stand up for their beliefs, and make America a better place. The rebuilding of battery park and the freedom tower demonstrates that amazing things can be done in this country when we work together towards a common goal. It is a shame how quickly we have forgotten this as a society. Today we are more divided then ever before. I could never imagine multiple people sitting down during the national anthem on the September 11th anniversary. The lessons of 911 should teach us that if we come together, the world can be a better and more peaceful place #neverforget.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKO8_ZGA87r/

Unsurprisingly she's had nothing to say about the recent murders.

Im beginning to truly despise America.

The thought of living in a place where police can nursery you "just incase", and the state backs them.every step of the way.

It's literally sickening. It's disgusting.

The general lack of care towards human life is just nasty.

Guns tear people to shreds daily, because fucks you, I want guns though.

Police murder more innocent people in a month than the total number of bullets fired by police per month in most first world countries.

The INSANE amount of times the GOP continue to try to repeal Obama care like their life depends on it.

Even the damn food portions are made to fucking kill you.

There is an entire political party DEDICATED to bigotry, homophobia, sexism, racism, whatever ism you want to think of, and are supported by almost 50% of the entire fucking nation.

There is an entire news network dedicated to pushing all those isms, and it's the most popular news network in the country...

A country where a man can murder a kid, get a2ay with it, then go do a fucking photo shoot at the manufacturing plant of the brand of gun you used to murder a kid, smiling and posing with the fucking murder weapon, then auction it later as some trophy for some other sick fucking to win?

Wow.

And then there's Trump, doing pretty good work to make sure the rest of the world stop being disillusioned about what America really is and what huge amounts, almost half of its people truly stand for.

"Greatest nation in the world?" Okay.

If that's greatness, I don't want to be anywhere near it. Don't want anything to do with it, let alone have my kids grow up surrounded in it.

There is what?! Children sleep tonight and for the rest of their lives without a parent? Who gives a flying fuck what was in his car? He didn't reach for anything but the sky.

If you read the quotes the poster quoted... They asked what bullshit would come up to feed the jury to get the police out safely.

They probably agree with you...

I think Westbrook was right to mention that recent incident. It's insane that we have all of these people being shot left and right, but somehow police are able to take a terror suspect, who actively exchanged fire with them alive. Really puts the whole thing into perspective imo.

I think Westbrook was right to mention that recent incident. It's insane that we have all of these people being shot left and right, but somehow police are able to take a terror suspect, who actively exchanged fire with them alive. Really puts the whole thing into perspective imo.

this is exactly what baffles me the most.
it's almost like they want the black population in the states to be constantly in fear.
like "Look! You could be the next at any time and any circumstances".
keeping them under constant pressure

what the fuck is wrong over there and why doesn't Obama (the first black U.S. president) do(or at least say) more?? are his hands tied in this case or what?
I don't understand

what the fuck is wrong over there and why doesn't Obama (the first black U.S. president) do(or at least say) more?? are his hands tied in this case or what?
I don't understand

He was put in an awkward position before he even took office because some on the right tried to frame his potential presidency as favoring black people over whites. It's shitty but he's always had to walk a line of trying to make things better for minorities while not pissing off other groups. You can see something similar going on with Hillary. People know she'll be pushing to make things better for women, which is why you see so many angry and insecure dudes worrying about what that could mean for them.

Trojan X

Banned
this is exactly what baffles me the most.
it's almost like they want the black population in the states to be constantly in fear.
like "Look! You could be the next at any time and any circumstances".
keeping them under constant pressure

I don't understand

Obama spoke out TONS of times but the problem is that the US is run by committee, and if you cannot get the committee to be on your side then nothing will happen. This is proven via the gun laws, laws that Obama tried to changed but the committee, once again refuse to agree and make any changes.

Meanwhile, in South Korea, do you remember that insane Ferry disaster that caused many school kids to drown to their death? Well, in anger to that, the Korean president fired and changed the entire coastline guards in relation to that and ordered an insane manhunt track down on "everyone & anyone" related to the disaster in any shape or form. Everyone was to answer for the worldwide full on embarassment - whether they looked for scapegoats, guilty or minors, the president didn't give a DAMN!! This power is something that no US president have unless it's all supported by the committee.

Alas, I could be wrong regarding all of the above so I'd be happy for someone to correct me. Also, maybe what we really want is for Obama to be far more blatant about what's going on, blatant to put everyone on edge. Time for extreme measures for enough is enough.

CBTech

I just saw a tv headline about the protests yesterday and it said that the victim was armed. I don't remember hearing about that. Is that true? I'm not saying that the shooting was justified even if it were true, I'm just trying to get my information straight.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I just saw a tv headline about the protests yesterday and it said that the victim was armed. I don't remember hearing about that. Is that true? I'm not saying that the shooting was justified even if it were true, I'm just trying to get my information straight.

might be the other black guy that was shot and killed by police in the last few days. They are reporting he was armed, family is saying he was not.

but the gentleman in this case was not armed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom