• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
So...uh, I hate to be that guy, but PCP was found in Crutcher's vehicle. The officer who shot him believed he might have been on it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...cle_d965a1f2-072b-57bf-a682-6b1cfb22b246.html

Not saying he used it (I'm assuming there will be a toxicology report) and I'm certainly not saying he deserved to be killed for it.

8BSMS6q.gif

I thought police always said PCP gave black people super powers. How were they able to bring him down with the tasers so they could execute him cleanly if he was on PCP?

You know what this means, Krej? They're just even bigger heroes than other officers! Instead of bringing down a black monster, they were capable of putting down a black dragon; tasing his drug-fueled body in just the right spot (thank God for Shelby's drug perception abilities) to instantly weaken him for the kill. Truly they should be praised for such a feat

Mr. X

"He didn't comply"

*vid shows complying*

"We found drugs in the car now"

Keep on throwing out shit till it sticks.

Wilsongt

"Homicide Sgt. Dave Walker declined to say where in the vehicle investigators recovered the vial of PCP, nor did he say whether officers determined Crutcher, 40, used it Friday night, when he was fatally shot by Officer Betty Shelby at 36th Street North and Lewis Avenue at about 7:45 p.m."

"Wood said Monday that Shelby's drug recognition expert training led her to believe Crutcher had been exhibiting signs of being under the influence of PCP."

This sounds sketchy as hell. Looks like a pretty damn forced connection, especially since none of the original reports said anything about drug use or the officers' suspicion of it.

giphy.gif

Surfinn

BULLSHIT. Hope people keep protesting and she gets charged.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised this isn't gaining more traction, like other incidences have in the past. One of the most blatant misuses of deadly force I've ever seen.

Damn, so they're just throwing things out there and seeing which one sticks huh? There truly is no justice anymore. Better prepare ourselves for the oncoming:

See! He did drugs so he was no angel/good black person!! The cops are in the right!!

-_-"

Lime

BULLSHIT. Hope people keep protesting and she gets charged.

Everyone should be protesting! Especially white people.

And if they can't protest, donate if they can

And if they can't donate, group together in your social circle and challenge white supremacy in your local surroundings.

Action drastically needs to happen and the more radical it is, the better.

Garlador

Because PCP is known to make black people... more compliant and raise their hands in the air? It's like they keep assuming we don't have videos of the incident or something.

Hillary Clinton sounded off on this earlier. Curt and to the point: "this is unbearable, and it should be intolerable."

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Even if the guy was totally out of his mind on PCP he clearly didn't do anything that warranted him being shot. You're not suppose to shoot people dead in the street just for "being high" ya dumb fucks.

Surfinn

Even if it were proven he was on PCP it still doesn't change the fact that force was used when it wasn't necessary. He posed no threat in his actions.

Even if the guy was totally out of his mind on PCP he clearly didn't do anything that warranted him being shot. You're not suppose to shoot people dead in the street just for "being high" ya dumb fucks.

Oops missed this.. yup pretty much.

Man you would think in this climate cops would be more cautious about using their firearms, Damm..

The climate where even using weapons and causing fatalities they pretty much go without consequences? Why would they be more cautious? They have zero need to be

Mark L

If I had some magic way to gain access to the objective truth of how that PCP got there, I would feel pretty confident putting down a lot of money on police malfeasance. My only problem would be getting people to take the bet. In fact, I bet even the all lives matter crowd, when it came down to money on the table, wouldn't do it.

Disgusting. And of course nothing will happen. Again.

My dad actually knew the victim, he was sad to learn about it and said the guy was super nice to everyone he met.

koji kabuto

Drugs in the car doesn't justifies murdering him like that, People need to stop arguing about it because it's irrelevant to why he was murdered before even searching the car.

These cunts must not have been able to find dirt on him yet if they're already resorting to sprinkling crack on him this soon and so obviously.

Garlador

Doesn't matter. For the public - and the judge and jury - it's an orchestrated attack on his character. "He was no angel". "He COULD have been dangerous". "I felt threatened and afraid for my life and safety". Etc.

It's character assassination, and it's the quickest and most effective way to affect a verdict, regardless of demonstrable evidence.

Doesn't matter. For the public - and the judge and jury - it's an orchestrated attack on his character. "He was no angel". "He COULD have been dangerous". "I felt threatened and afraid for my life and safety". Etc.

It's character assassination, and it's the quickest and most effective way to affect a verdict, regardless of demonstrable evidence.

Just wait til she starts crying while recalling the story.

Protein

Banned
Many people out there execute Olympic-level mental gymnastics just to try to justify a black man's unlawful killing. If anything it perfectly illustrates their prejudice. How many more character assassinations do we have to go through before a slain black man gets justice? I always depressingly picture the waiting line at the end of Beetlejuice, but with fallen black victims.

LifEndz

Even if he was on PCP it's not like he was charging her or brandishing a weapon. Fuck this shit man. And she was there with like seven cops. She was really that afraid with seven of her officers beside her? Bullshit. And they all just stood there and let him bleed out. This can't be life.

Glix

I dont care if he was wearing a fucking suit made of pcp, that is no reason to shoot a man with his hands up.

The sadness and rage keep coming in equal measure

Yagharek

A badge is more dangerous than a chemical.

It's concerning so many details get put out in public, whether true or not, before a trial is even held. Usually a lot of specifics are kept out of the media in Australian cases of any potential murder trial so as not to prejudice any outcome.

Just read Colin Kapernick is getting death threats for his protests. We're at an OJ Simpson level of racial polarization on this subject. It wont get any better.

Yagharek

Look how fast they work to try to tell the world he's better off dead.

For balance we need to know the police officers discipline record as well. If they're going to leak details then they may as well spill all the beans and release the internal investigation template they have lined up too.

It'll be interesting to see what bullshit the jury swallows when they let her walk

So...uh, I hate to be that guy, but PCP was found in Crutcher's vehicle. The officer who shot him believed he might have been on it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...cle_d965a1f2-072b-57bf-a682-6b1cfb22b246.html

Not saying he used it (I'm assuming there will be a toxicology report) and I'm certainly not saying he deserved to be killed for it.

Ah, there it is.

Isn't it strange that America is so easy to accept that every black women or man shot is a thug but can't accept the fact that maybe just one officer may be dirty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom