• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

There is no way in hell a white female cop will ever get convicted for killing a black man.

Like, the result of this one should have, sadly, been obvious from the beginning.

Shelby has been on leave without pay since being charged. According to the City of Tulsa, she will receive backpay in the amount of $35,480.32.

The Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police, which has supported Shelby throughout the case, said they will continue to support her as she returns to duty.
“All of us at Tulsa FOP Lodge 93 are very pleased to hear Officer Betty Shelby will be reinstated as a Tulsa Police Officer. It’s the first step of her being able to move forward with her life. We are proud to work beside her as law enforcement officers and are looking forward to seeing her back on the job. We have supported Officer Shelby from the start and will continue to stand beside her moving forward
."

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/betty-shelby-to-return-to-work-days-after-acquittal

http://ktul.com/news/local/police-chief-betty-shelby-being-returned-to-duty

I guess it will be more difficult to knock off Black men pulling desk duty, but I'm sure Betty Shelby will figure out some way to practise racial discrimination in her new role at the department.

Toxi

Banned
http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/betty-shelby-to-return-to-work-days-after-acquittal

http://ktul.com/news/local/police-chief-betty-shelby-being-returned-to-duty

I guess it will be more difficult to knock off Black men pulling desk duty, but I'm sure Betty Shelby will figure out some way to practise racial discrimination in her new role at the department.
"Hey Betty, tell everyone at the office that story about the time you killed a black!"

Fuck this country and fuck its police and fuck anyone who will defend these pieces of shit while they slaughter American citizens.

"Hey Betty, tell everyone at the office that story about the time you killed a black!"

Fuck this country and fuck its police and fuck anyone who will defend these pieces of shit while they slaughter American citizens.

That statement from Fraternal Order of Police just solidifies everything they stand for. Police Unions are keeping the spirit of the Dred Scott Supreme Court decision alive and well in 2017 . Period.

"The Negro has no rights which the White man is bound to respect"

You gota be fucking kidding me. Like... it's pretty much expected at this point but holy fucking shit what the fuck!? Fuck the police.

I wish I could say I was shocked. But meh, the police aint gon get in trouble for killing black people and they protect their own no matter what. So of course she gets her job and pay back.

Toxi

Banned
You gota be fucking kidding me. Like... it's pretty much expected at this point but holy fucking shit what the fuck!? Fuck the police.
I'm sorry, this attitude is counterproductive. You need to start a dialogue with these organizations that slaughter your fellow citizens. See eye to eye with them and don't demonize them. I know the majority of police officers are fine with harboring murdering racist shitbags, but that doesn't make them murdering racist shitbags, you know? The past is the past, and you gotta learn to live with people being killed./s

Fuck the police.

She's going to get a standing ovation when she walks through those doors, huh?

TULSA, Okla., (KTUL) -- A pro-law enforcement group is planning a meet and greet with Betty Shelby next weekend weeks after not-guilty verdict.
Shelby’s attorney Shannon McMurray confirmed to Tulsa's Channel 8 today the meeting’s purpose: to let Shelby know she has the group’s support.
But the idea of this private meeting isn’t sitting well with some of her critics.
Weeks ago, Betty Shelby stepped out of the courtroom cleared of any charges, now a group is trying to help her by showing their support.
Shelby’s attorney Shannon McMurray released a statement today.
It reads in part -- "From the beginning this group has vigilantly supported Shelby and watched the case. Being extremely disappointed in the lack of support from the chief and the state of Oklahoma, they felt it was extremely important for Officer Shelby and all law enforcement know that citizens in Tulsa County and throughout the State of Oklahoma support Officer Shelby.”
The meet and greet, while private, comes at a time where the not-guilty verdict is still fresh on the minds of those in the Tulsa community.

http://ktul.com/news/local/pro-law-enforcement-group-to-hold-meet-and-greet-for-betty-shelby
Looks like she'll be thrown a little get together.
Backpay isnt enough. Let's have a private party for the person whose only distinction is shooting an unarmed man with his hands up.
The only thing missing from this little shindig is piece of her dead victim's body, that would really bring the Americana feel to this event.

the210

If ever there was a case for Union Busting this is it. Of course they can never be happy with just winning they always have to rub it in our face.

http://ktul.com/news/local/pro-law-enforcement-group-to-hold-meet-and-greet-for-betty-shelby
Looks like she'll be thrown a little get together.
Backpay isnt enough. Let's have a private party for the person whose only distinction is shooting an unarmed man with his hands up.
The only thing missing from this little shindig is piece of her dead victim's body, that would really bring the Americana feel to this event.
Wonder how her black colleagues feel about this shit.

I'm sorry. I sometimes defend the police when some of the videos come out but that is straight up murder right there. Can't understand the ruling on this one. Absolutely zero sense here

FStubbs

I do believe a cop could go through a neighborhood and commit open genocide, kill 200 people, and not be convicted. Trump might even give him a commendation personally.

I sometimes wonder if the country could be brought up on human rights charges at the U.N.

Well I better not speak my mind so I don't get banned. Only the moderate whites can change this shit since black people don't have the power too atm. So unless we turn to violence back aint going to change. This shit been happening for a long ass time now.

Not all black people want equality that shit will never happen. You don't treat people equal who don't have the same power as you. It's like the rich treating the poor like shit not happening.

We can change it but it's gonna be a long hard ass grind. Only two things gonna work: Violence or Economic Boycotts the likes this nation hasn't seen. I pray for the latter.

I do believe a cop could go through a neighborhood and commit open genocide, kill 200 people, and not be convicted. Trump might even give him a commendation personally.

I sometimes wonder if the country could be brought up on human rights charges at the U.N.

A good chunk of conservatives would cheer if cops ran through Black neighborhoods rounded up minorities and tossed them in a mass grave. An even larger portion of mainstream America would keep right on trunking like nothing happened.... They don't really care about us.

Slayven

ap8505140296_custom-75f2834230418de8024d2ee6593a594b2074f665-s900-c85.jpg

Aftermath%2Bin%2BPhilly.JPG

In the afternoon, Goode made his fateful decision: The police got the go-ahead to drop a makeshift bomb on the MOVE compound in an attempt to destroy the bunker on its roof.

Not counting Pearl Harbor, the only times bombs were dropped from aircrafts on America soil was against black people

It would only have credibility if it was done by a big name American and the USG and entire US media machine would label that person a traitor and accuse him/her of being an agent of a foreign power. I really don't think that person would survive.

I'm sorry. I sometimes defend the police when some of the videos come out but that is straight up murder right there. Can't understand the ruling on this one. Absolutely zero sense here

Police Unions will bend over backwards to defend a Cop no matter what.

All Cops drink the koolaid or else they're out of a job or worse if they become a "problem". I mean shit from what my Dad tells me during training it's drilled into their skulls that hesitation will get you or someone you care for killed. Basically shot first, ask questions later. If a Cop fears for their life that's all they have to say.

We need a Police reform. Police in this country are basically drilled into shooting whenever they feel "in danger". Split-second die scions, y/know? What if that guy has a gun and he kills you or he kills your partner?

Police making a mistake "ah well, shit happens" or "You cant judge us as we have to make split-second choices of life and death!"

It'll never fucking end. Don't trust the Police as you never know which ones a racist, which ones a trigger happy idiot or which ones a paranoid idiot. You're gunna get shot if they feel so inclined and will not be punished.

Trojan X

Banned
This is murder to the fullest degree and she and her racist cronies walked, shit, and laughed at every single non-white person out there that live in the US.

At this point, the only way things can change is by:

a) Massive Police walk out. The problem with this is that the US will be put on a massive risk in respect to evil people out there whom would take the opportunity to do no good, but the message will be loud and clear none the less. However, I don't recommend this option as the corrupted officials will use this opportunity to oust identify and slow burn remove the good cops out there.

b) Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY needs to rise up, leave violence at their yard and do what South Korea did (what they did to push for a super fast impeachment of their president). Everyone need to do this all in one go and in every damn state and at the same time. They need a super massive walk out, strike, sit out and push for IMMEDIATE LAW CHANGE (at this point it is clearly the law that is the heavy issue) and not to move until something is done:
S_5cbe3c_6101366.jpg

skprtsts1.jpg

S+korea+massive+protest+big+over+a+million+people+have+rallied_e88027_6101366.jpg

Until something is calculatedly done as a nation where millions upon millions of people stand united in one go, nothing will change. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom