• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
DF started the tools talk, and Sony fanboys ran with it for months. I have said all this already, the thread is there to check. There is no right or wrong to it

As the saying goes 'if in doubt, smilie it out'.
No sony fanboys mocked Xbox fanboys using this as a defense....Why would sony fanboys says the tools aren't ready and will get better?To defend xbox?That makes no sense....Think about it.

So in other words, even when PS5 'loses', it still 'wins'?. Thats very smart, and not biased at all. We may as well ban comparison threads from now on as PS5 wins them automatically.
It also makes no sense when the comparisons are supposed to be used for which system has the better version of a game.

In which game ( outside of pure BC ) XSX had a home run compared to PS5?

ethomaz

Banned
Look at 3600x and 3900x
I really believe you are misunderstand what are you trying to say.

These two CPUs settings... I can understand the L1, L2 and L3 cache being doubled because there the double the cores.

But the 3600x runs 200Mhz faster than 3900x... they both have core clock of 3.8Ghz but the both are actually 4.6Ghz and 4.4Ghz.

Performance doesn’t scale proportional to the increase in core count... that never happened... it is even physically impossible.

Last edited:

Stuart360

How long have you been a member?

The tools were brought up multiple times by your cohort of coolaid drinkers in all the early comparison threads when series x got soundly beaten.
The tools talk started long before the systems launched. In fact the reason why Sony fans latched on to the 'bad tools' talk was because this was long before we had games to compare, and at that point XSX was more powerful, and the 'bad tools' was the thing that they latched onto as a possible 'light at the end of the tunnel'.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The tools talk started long before the systems launched. In fact the reason why Sony fans latched on to the 'bad tools' talk was because this was long before we had games to compare, and at that point XSX was more powerful, and the 'bad tools' was the thing that they latched onto as a possible 'light at the end of the tunnel'.
That is simply not true, if all it was sony that supposed to be behind.

Stuart360

No sony fanboys mocked Xbox fanboys using this as a defense....Why would sony fanboys says the tools aren't ready and will get better?To defend xbox?That makes no sense....Think about it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Look the thread is there, i'm not arguing about it. Xbox fans may be shunned from that thread, but it doesnt mean they are not reading it.
Well find me a post about it then, if it is that easy.

Because you are the only one saying that when I quoted an xbox fanboy from today talking about tools.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
He has apparently never heard of longdi,riky,senjutsu,darkmage etc...

I've rarely mentioned tools so this is a lie. I talked about how the setup of the last gen refresh consoles compared to the new consoles would have more impact actually.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Oh dude. Do it yourself. I already gave people a pretty easy way to find where to look within those thousands of pages of pure drivel in that thread.
Great so you talk without proving anything and others should do the work for you?But when others bring proof they're dismissed....
If I told you reggie fils aimé killed someone but it is up to you to find the proof ....Would you believe me?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
So in other words, even when PS5 'loses', it still 'wins'?. Thats very smart, and not biased at all. We may as well ban comparison threads from now on as PS5 wins them automatically.
It also makes no sense when the comparisons are supposed to be used for which system has the better version of a game.
It was a bit different from what a remember...

- DF talked about the Tools getting better (something that Tim, Dealer, Warrior, BlueMisterxmedia, etc were already spreading on Twitter).
- Xbox fans all bought the excuse with several posts and images about how the tools where behind and that after it was updated the REAL POWER OF THE MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER CREATED should be revealed
- Sony fans started to mock Xbox fans.

I means Xbox fans doesn’t help themselves.

I mean these same Xbox fans where moked on XB1 “we created the DirectX”, “dual-GPU”, “secret sauce”, etc.

Last edited:
I really believe you are misunderstand what are you trying to say.

These two CPUs settings... I can understand the L1, L2 and L3 cache being doubled because there the double the cores.

But the 3600x runs 200Mhz faster than 3900x... they both have core clock of 3.8Ghz but the both are actually 4.6Ghz and 4.4Ghz.

Performance doesn’t scale proportional to the increase in core count... that never happened... it is even physically impossible.
It literally always happens. The issue is always the hundreds of variables that you are ignoring.

Stuart360

It was a bit different from what a remember...

- DF talked about the Tools getting better (something that Tim, Dealer, Warrior, BlueMisterxmedia, etc were already spreading on Twitter).
- Xbox fans all bought the excuse with several posts and images about how the tools where behind and that after it was updated the REAL POWER OF THE MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER CREATED should be revealed
- Sony fans started to mock Xbox fans.

I means Xbox fans doesn’t help themselves.

I mean these same Xbox fans where moked on XB1 “we created the DirectX”, “dual-GPU”, “secret sauce”, etc.
eyvgl1S.jpg

J_Gamer.exe

PS5 is a beast.

Xbox struggling to shows is supposed power advantage.... struggling to get a clear win where its higher res and framerate. Lower res on xbox here and near identical performance, marginally higher average.

The difference in res % is bigger than the difference in drops %.

All this after whenever xbox gets a favourable comparison and all the usual suspects come out claiming thats it now, the tools are here and xbox will kick on from here and show its 'clear' advantage.

They never learn and will keep doing it only to be burned again.

This is not the narrative they expected many months back, wheres that most powerful console marketing now from Microsoft?

Its laughable how much they overplayed it. If your going to brag, make sure you know your going to win.

Tony hawks must be too demanding for xbox series x in stressful situations at those higher resolutions here meaning it had to drop to 1080p as a lower bounds or also a lower res in fidelity mode 😀 tough one to take for the xbox power brigade 😀 another blow. Tools gone missing again?

Last edited:

Shmunter

It is fact that the Xbox this generation completely changed its development environment. Why is that something to mock? I have said numerous times that cross generational titles aren't the way to judge the capabilities of these new consoles. I guess I'm living rent free in people's minds like Riky. Oh well he's good company.
I’m not sure anyone disagrees with crossgen not exploiting next gen. We are yet to see engines and techniques push the consoles without having one foot in legacy code. We already see the massive discrepancy in loading times executed by hardware I/o vs running on the cpu for example.

But if one doesn’t want to compare what is available today, one does not need to engage.

rofl, thats because your brethren have abandoned this thread after eating some pie, they are dishing out likes to you as you are the last warrior standing.

Congrats, here's your medal:

f0385f61d3315d95f5a6b63fa8de111d.jpg

Green team starters got tired of getting dunked on so now its just garbage time for stuart360 and the other green team bench warmers lol

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
DF started the tools talk, and Sony fanboys ran with it for months. I have said all this already, the thread is there to check. There is no right or wrong to it

As the saying goes 'if in doubt, smilie it out'.
Well if the Xbox dev tools really are way behind PS5 tools, like the 'rumours' suggest, there is ever chance some multiplatform games will run better on PS5 early on. Long term though, very little chance. Unless you consider loading a few seconds faster is running better.
Yep for a console that has dev tools that are 'way behind PS5's' as many of you have been saying in here for months.

And yet XSX won 3 out of the 4 modes, and the 3 modes that the vast majority of gamers will be using. And thats with XSX dev tools that are 'way behind PS5 dev tools'.

Post in thread '[DF] Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison'
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/df-hitman-3-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-s-comparison.1587440/post-262028309
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/df-hitman-3-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-s-comparison.1587440/post-262030199

Makes sense.

The talk was Series X was at least 25% more powerful and PS5 is truly only 9TF. In reality both consoles are trading blows, winning some and losing some by slight margins. The supposed underpowered device wins after all the talk that it’s not going to be close in performance.

Now back to lurking again as I have personal shit in my life to deal with.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/df-hitman-3-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-s-comparison.1587440/post-262028309
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/df-hitman-3-ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-s-comparison.1587440/post-262030199

Makes sense.

The talk was Series X was at least 25% more powerful and PS5 is truly only 9TF. In reality both consoles are trading blows, winning some and losing some by slight margins. The supposed underpowered device wins after all the talk that it’s not going to be close in performance.

Man, you brought the receipts!

Check This Out Season 6 GIF by ABC Network

Stuart360

Makes sense.

Yeah good one, you completely missed the sarcasm and tone of my posts. Did you really miss the '' '' around the tool parts?, i was being sarcastic after all the talk in the troll thread by you know who. You just played yourself.

As for your other 'pont'. The best version of the game is the best version, doesnt matter if one console is 10tf, and the other is 30tf. You cant just take 'ties' or very slight losses and say 'yeah but XSX is more poweful so really PS5 wins' lol. If the best version of a game is on PS5, then it wins. If the best version is on XSX, then that version wins. None of this revisionist bullshit.

Also not sure why you dug up that Devil May Cry post as everthing i said was true, unless there have been patches since and things have changed.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yeah good one, you completely missed the sarcasm and tone of my posts. Did you really miss the '' '' around the tool parts?, i was being sarcastic after all the talk in the troll thread by you know who. You just played yourself.

As for your other 'pont'. The best version of the game is the best version, doesnt matter if one console is 10tf, and the other is 30tf. You cant just take 'ties' or very slight losses and say 'yeah but XSX is more poweful so really PS5 wins' lol. If the best version of a game is on PS5, then it wins. If the best version is on XSX, then that version wins. None of this revisionist bullshit.

Also not sure why you dug up that Devil May Cry post as everthing i said was true, unless there have been patches since and things have changed.
Just take the L ....omg....

demigod

Oh look Stuart360 pretending he's a PC gamer again and not an xbox fanboy. We know which camp you're rooting for, stop trying to hide it while calling out others. You've never heard of Longdi or Darkmage, why you lyin? Arguing about sony fans using the tools meme when you have an xbox fanboy using it in the same page. Y'all did this to yourselves.

That's gotta suck Stuart360 getting owned by Tripolygon Tripolygon even tho he hid his profile. Time to take the L.

Stuart360

Oh look Stuart360 pretending he's a PC gamer again and not an xbox fanboy. We know which camp you're rooting for, stop trying to hide it while calling out others. You've never heard of Longdi or Darkmage, why you lyin? Arguing about sony fans using the tools meme when you have an xbox fanboy using it in the same page. Y'all did this to yourselves.

That's gotta suck Stuart360 getting owned by Tripolygon Tripolygon even tho he hid his profile. Time to take the L.
Oh look who's crawled out of the woodwork, thought you were still in hiding. I am an Xbox fan, a PC gamer and a Xbox fan, i never denied that, in fact i even say it in this very thread. Why wouldnt i be when i love Gamepass, Xbox games come to PC, and i used to be a huge Halo fan. Xbox is just as much PC now as it is console, and has been for like 5 years now.
Also how have i got owned?, i schooled multiple people last night, and all i got back were smilies (as usual by certain forum members with no comeback). Posting 2 posts of mine that are clearly said in a sarcastic way (hence the quotation marks around the tools prts), and was said sarcastically to wind up the forum mafia. As you can clearly see, but as usual, people just want to see what they want to see.

Now go back into your little hole, you dont want to get banned again.

Last edited:
Pretty one sided for a, and I quote you, "gaming fanboy".
You are so invested in warrioring that you don't even understand that you are proving my point.
So unless you are praising the PS5 you are warrior now? I AM a gaming fanboy and a Dreamcast(and Neo Geo) one too. Looking totally objectively at the PS5, it is not offering the best value now. There currently is no way to expand the storage and it has been out almost 6 months. Xbox had that basic feature at launch. Even the 'horrible' XSS which was lambasted for low storage can offload games to a cheap external drive. Is this a lie? The lack of smart delivery makes updating games totally painful on PS5 and it is a snap on Xbox. There are tons of Destiny 2 and Avenger horror stories. I guess that is FUD right? Coil whine is mentioned on tons of videos all over YouTube yet its an Xbox discord cabal plot of course. Check out this video from one of the biggest console warriors on the planet:

All lies and Xbox is the worst right? There is nothing wrong with having an opinion especially when it is based on empirical evidence. The PS5 as it stands currently is half baked. Is it a bad console? Of course not but is it the best you can expect from the market leader? I think not. If that makes me a warrior so be it. Xbox gets feature updates regularly. Fps boost was just added to Xbox why am I still waiting for basic features on PS5? I paid good money for the console and if I see an issue with it I can call it out. You KNOW Xbox would not be given a pass if it had the same issues. Again there is a reason the majority of the people who have both consoles side with Xbox.

With regards to Tony Hawk it is a cross gen title. I have said numerous times cross gen titles are not indicative of the power of either console. But if you factor in the issues PS5 currently has it is not surprising many people opt for the Xbox. This gen is just getting started so we'll see how things turn out but I highly doubt it will be a repeat of last gen. But what do I know I just own and play all the current gen consoles.

Stuart360

Now now, we all know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd still be trying to drag it out.

You are fooling no one, but congrats on taking the L.
It is a slight win for PS5, using my criteria. Slightly higher rez, and the tiniest difference in farmerate, which you would never notice in reality in favour for XSX.
It still doesnt change the fact that there have beena few comparisons lately, where that exact scenario has been in favour for XSX, and people still try to give the win to PS5, over literally a handful of frames from 20k tested.
Thats the goal post shifting.
Congrats to PS5 for the win here though, and comparisons will be leap frogging between both consoles over the whole gen imo.

It is a slight win for PS5, using my criteria. Slightly higher rez, and the tiniest difference in farmerate, which you would never notice in reality in favour for XSX.
It still doesnt change the fact that there have beena few comparisons lately, where that exact scenario has been in favour for XSX, and people still try to give the win to PS5, over literally a handful of frames from 20k tested.
Thats the goal post shifting.
Congrats to PS5 for the win here though, and comparisons will be leap frogging between both consoles over the whole gen imo.
A comparison with these results is really useful actually. It will serve as a good reference point once the usual suspects all flip flop over what they consider an actual "win".

I disagree with your last point though. Once development is entirely focused on current gen consoles, there really won't be any leap frogging at that point. Maybe a rare occurrence where the PS5 punches above it's weight, while the XBX below... But as the gen goes on, the XBX will outright win most comparisons. It simply has a higher ceiling than the PS5.

By that point, I'm sure the Sony faithful will have changed the narrative yet again. My guess is something along the lines of "Power doesn't matter, neither does exclusives. This is what Xbox fanboys never seem to get. It's all about the haptics man... The haptics."

Stuart360

A comparison with these results is really useful actually. It will serve as a good reference point once the usual suspects all flip flop over what they consider an actual "win".

I disagree with your last point though. Once development is entirely focused on current gen consoles, there really won't be any leap frogging at that point. Maybe a rare occurrence where the PS5 punches above it's weight, while the XBX below... But as the gen goes on, the XBX will outright win most comparisons. It simply has a higher ceiling than the PS5.

By that point, I'm sure the Sony faithful will have changed the narrative yet again. My guess is something along the lines of "Power doesn't matter, neither does exclusives. This is what Xbox fanboys never seem to get. It's all about the haptics man... The haptics."
Well i mean even XB1 had the odd win last gen, and the difference in power there was bigger than this gen. I do see PS5 still picking up a lot of 'wins', especially over the next year or so, but yes once we are well into the gen, and devs are happy with working on both consoles, i expect XSX to get the majority of better versions.

bender

What time is it?

You aren't licensed to use sarcasm, sir.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So unless you are praising the PS5 you are warrior now? I AM a gaming fanboy and a Dreamcast(and Neo Geo) one too. Looking totally objectively at the PS5, it is not offering the best value now. There currently is no way to expand the storage and it has been out almost 6 months. Xbox had that basic feature at launch. Even the 'horrible' XSS which was lambasted for low storage can offload games to a cheap external drive. Is this a lie? The lack of smart delivery makes updating games totally painful on PS5 and it is a snap on Xbox. There are tons of Destiny 2 and Avenger horror stories. I guess that is FUD right? Coil whine is mentioned on tons of videos all over YouTube yet its an Xbox discord cabal plot of course. Check out this video from one of the biggest console warriors on the planet:

All lies and Xbox is the worst right? There is nothing wrong with having an opinion especially when it is based on empirical evidence. The PS5 as it stands currently is half baked. Is it a bad console? Of course not but is it the best you can expect from the market leader? I think not. If that makes me a warrior so be it. Xbox gets feature updates regularly. Fps boost was just added to Xbox why am I still waiting for basic features on PS5? I paid good money for the console and if I see an issue with it I can call it out. You KNOW Xbox would not be given a pass if it had the same issues. Again there is a reason the majority of the people who have both consoles side with Xbox.

With regards to Tony Hawk it is a cross gen title. I have said numerous times cross gen titles are not indicative of the power of either console. But if you factor in the issues PS5 currently has it is not surprising many people opt for the Xbox. This gen is just getting started so we'll see how things turn out but I highly doubt it will be a repeat of last gen. But what do I know I just own and play all the current gen consoles.

Congrats on your total lack of nuance, because I'm not saying you should praise the ps5 just that you have nothing good to say about ps5 and nothing bad to say about Xbox.If you want to talk about cheap external drive ...Ps5 support it for BC title like the XSS (unless you consider the ssd extension cheap which it is not).
then try to talk about all the problems ps5 has which none of them I was talking about I never mentionned coil whine nor said it doesn't happen.
Did you get triggered just bu me stating the obvious .... You are a console warrior and everybody can see that.
Because ytou felt the need to talk about everything bad about ps5 right now when all I said to stuart was that the tools argument came from Xbox fanatics like you.Because you need to defend it when I'm not even attacking it.Because you resort to moving goalpost and answering to things I never said with points that have no relevance whatsoever to what I was saying.
Listen to your logic I talk about the discord group oirganizing to spread fud about the 9TF overheating etc, you talk about coil whine,I talk about the xbox community using the tools as an argument about why Xbox performs worse you talk about all the things that you don't like about Ps5.
Now tell me in all these posts where did I talked badly of Xbox?
Where did I listed all the problems there is with Xbox (and believe there is which your console "gaming fanboy" mind coulnd't fathom to put in a post which would have been a better defence for your warrioring side)?
So all in all you felt you felt like your favorite console was attacked and unshetehed your warrior sword, I just wanted to correct Stuart and its revisionism.
But go on warrior keep up the fight, you will win someday ....I don't know what you can win but yeah keep going you may be the winner of my ignore list, such a great accomplishement.

This forum has reached a very interesting state and im curious how it develops further. The Sony fans are unified and content with parity because logically it indicates a more efficiently designed system and they still have the SSD in their back pocket. The MS camp is disjointed. Half of them have realized the delusional of this unrealistic gap and are trying to reset the stage that parity or slight advantages here and there should constitute a win however they are being undermined by the other half of the camp that is pushing the "lets wait", "tools are coming", "30% min" narrative. Fascinating

Actually, there is no hypocrisy. It's basically almost every win for PS5 because Phil Spencer "most powerful console" narrative crap. Fps difference between all in this game is what....0.05% difference. As long PS5 with almost 2 TF deficit shows graphical settings and performance on par with XSX, it's basically a win for PS5. In vast majority of games XSX didn't showed almost 2TF difference in games ( that includes fps advantage, graphicall and resolution advantage - all in 1.
But wait. Tools are coming. Can't wait for Phil Spencer announcement on E3 stage for better tools on XSX. :/
I'm of the opinion that you're too emotionally invested in your console of choice. It's time to step back and experience life instead of arguing over this rubbish.

MonarchJT

Banned
Actually, there is no hypocrisy. It's basically almost every win for PS5 because Phil Spencer "most powerful console" narrative crap. Fps difference between all in this game is what....0.05% difference. As long PS5 with almost 2 TF deficit shows graphical settings and performance on par with XSX, it's basically a win for PS5. In vast majority of games XSX didn't showed almost 2TF difference in games ( that includes fps advantage, graphicall and resolution advantage - all in 1.
But wait. Tools are coming. Can't wait for Phil Spencer announcement on E3 stage for better tools on XSX. :/
go to sleep man you are drunk (from long time)

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm of the opinion that you're too emotionally invested in your console of choice. It's time to step back and experience life instead of arguing over this rubbish.

You had no problem doing this several days ago.

Because the Series X is a more powerful system, its not a surprise to anyone with a reasonable understanding of gaming hardware. PS5 has no 1440p display output, but it has no problem displaying a 1440p image.

I'm sorry but why is there a significant resolution difference then? And why are more and more games displaying higher resolution on Series X compared to PS5 if its as you put it a "meme"?

Come on, we all can see the specs there's a performance delta between the consoles. Around 20% GPU and around 25% RAM bandwidth. Hitman, Avengers this game now all have a significant resolution advantage on Series X. A pattern is forming in these newer releases, surely you can see that? Remedy have come out and said the Xbox dev tools are not as familiar as the PS5, that explains earlier games having an advantage on PS5 (Although the advantage was very slight, and nothing like the advantage the Series X has for the above mentioned games).

All that being said both these consoles are amazing and we have only seen a glimpse of what they are capable of.

MonarchJT

Banned
It will probably be too complicated to understand. but it was the devs themselves who officially announced what resolution the ps5 would have. And it is normal that we discussed about a difference, once again pronounced (isn't the first time that happen), I would in any case expect at least 1 other comparative. On Twitter, many talk about much more intense volumetric effects on the xsx that have allowed devs to reach a certain parity in the end between the xsx and ps5

Last edited:
You had no problem doing this several days ago.
So you're a stalker? I'm flattered, you may be able to notice that everything I wrote is fact and put across in a coherent and respectful manner. The poster I responded to is clearly angry and annoyed, this is not really the way to put your point across. Thanks for highlighting my posts, as the facts speak for themselves.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So you're a stalker? I'm flattered, you may be able to notice that everything I wrote is fact and put across in a coherent and respectful manner. The poster I responded to is clearly angry and annoyed, this is not really the way to put your point across. Thanks for highlighting my posts, as the facts speak for themselves.
Clicking your name and seeing your previous posts means I'm a stalker?

And no, they weren't facts. You said it was because the hardware was more powerful, which turned out to be false. You're saying people are arguing over this rubbish, yet you were arguing over similar "rubbish" in the other thread.

FrankWza

Clicking your name and seeing your previous posts means I'm a stalker?

And no, they weren't facts. You said it was because the hardware was more powerful, which turned out to be false. You're saying people are arguing over this rubbish, yet you were arguing over similar "rubbish" in the other thread.
A lot of posters came out of that one banished safe space community thread and don’t know how to interact out here. Also 99% he’s an alt.

SkylineRKR

The difference this gen so far is smaller than it has ever been. PS3 - 360 was a usually a decent gap in performance and IQ, with 360 winning despite being older, cheaper and no Cell. PS4 - Xbox One was a clear advantage to PS4 in about every game since it was almost the same architecture but with more raw power, faster RAM and some other things. PS4 was flat out better. 1X usually beat Pro because 1X was a more recent, more expensive and more powerful system.

The thing is that from the get go we knew the Xbox had a TF advantage and higher clocks. The PS5 did have a better SSD solution and some other neat tricks but the consesus was that the Series X would blow the PS5 out of the water, with some even predicting 2160p native game for Series X would likely be 1440p for PS5. No one expected the PS5 to be this close, let alone win comparisons. And thats what happens right now. The difference is small and probably not even visible to the naked eye (no one on forehand yells PS5 version of certain game looks best, they do it after comparisons for a reason) but its against MS' narrative with the Series X. Which is why I can understand the laughs.

Top Bottom