• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

ethomaz

Banned
and now the res ? %? 1 sec for the entire game? or it drop 60% of the time ?
He only says the res is most of time at 1440p for both... rarely drops from that.
There is no stats about that.

That could be a suggestion for him... a table with the amount of frames it dropped the resolution.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
When PS5 fixes its console whine, activates its storage bay, and does something about its less than pleasant UI then I'll have something to cheer. I can give Xbox props because I own and used both consoles. There is a reason that the poll of people who own both prefer the Xbox. I never claimed to be neutral only that in don't make up negative stuff about either system. People are free to like whatever they want. The most vocal haters of the Xbox don't know much about the system.
Pretty one sided for a, and I quote you, "gaming fanboy".
You are so invested in warrioring that you don't even understand that you are proving my point.

dcmk7

Banned
When PS5 fixes its console whine, activates its storage bay, and does something about its less than pleasant UI then I'll have something to cheer. I can give Xbox props because I own and used both consoles. There is a reason that the poll of people who own both prefer the Xbox. I never claimed to be neutral only that in don't make up negative stuff about either system. People are free to like whatever they want. The most vocal haters of the Xbox don't know much about the system.

I don't know why but I always read your posts as if you're crying.

Stuart360

And the dirt 5 devs said otherwise, honestly, I don't think anybody is credible there be it devs or random foruum users like you and I( or you and me ?I never understood the difference).Because when everybody contradicts everybody, then nothin is to be believe.
You seems like a level headed guy (at least in your responses to me) so honestly there I think that if you loock back in any comparison thread you will easily find tools apologist amongst the xbox more hardcore fanboys.Which is the point I was disagreeing with you, for the rest I think it is subjective who won what games other than rare clear wins.
Look it was just rough last gen. I'm a PC gamer, and Xbox fan (Xbox, not the console), and trying to read Xbox related stuff on here has always been unbearable. I thought this gen, with the consoles being much closer, i thought at least the incessant trolling would be less this gen. I actualy think the smaller difference between both consoles has made the trolling and warring actually worse than last gen. So far anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
so basically we have let's say one console that drop fps for 1 sec ...and the other drop res for 1 sec ? let's say is a draw?
That is actually what most posted in first place but the thread started to go in another path due the previous thread.
That one where Xbox fans keep making joking about Xbox being superior and more powerful with 30% more resolutions, etc etc etc.

Without that other thread this thread could had ended fast with the another one jokes like others similar tie games happened in the past.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
i was talking about you etho...you , heisenberg, geordie and all the usual Sony fanboys I don't think there is a need to name you all ..you guys are all threads and we know each other very good ). we all have our happy days ;))
Lol, I'm a fanboy for saying both consoles perform the same, and it's mostly on a game-by-game basis? 😂

and you're not a fanboy who thinks that XSX will have a ~30% advantage over PS5 in multiplatform games even though there is no evidence or data for it?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Look it was just rough last gen. I'm a PC gamer, and Xbox fan (Xbox, not the console), and trying to read Xbox related stuff on here has always been unbearable. I thought this gen, with the consoles being much closer, i thought at least the incessant trolling would be less this gen. I actualy think the smaller difference between both consoles has made the trolling and warring actually worse than last gen. So far anyway.
Well of course warriors can't gloat in all threads if they could they would get bored of it and move on.But one thing I noticed is that when you are a fan of whatever side it is always easy to agree/dismiss or forget about the bad things the side you root for did.
And that's a problem here on gaf where each side think the other did far worse.And I have no problem arguing with people on sony's side as well as MS side when I strongly disagree or just think they are wrong.I try to stay objective, I fail of course because it is impossible unless you don't care, then why bother?
But I try to and that's why I have already been contradicting Bo or strongly arguing with Abel empire as well as having great discussion with fans of Xbox even though I'm more interested in what sony offers.

bender

What time is it?
Man, you guys were so scared about that 1080p tweet that now you're having a massive group ejaculation over... a tie?

Donkeys took a PR Tweet and did a premature victory lap to celebrate Their Lord and Savior's MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER only to be handed an L (another one) so the response isn't surprising.

If you aren't on the sidelines laughing at the clown cars filled with warriors, you are part of the problem.

Last edited:
CPU+core+scaling+good.png
1fzOngd.jpg

SLB1904

Banned
Donkeys took a PR Tweet and did a premature victory lap to celebrate Their Lord and Savior's MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER only to be handed an L (another one) so the response isn't surprising.

If you aren't on the sidelines laughing at the clown cars filled with warriors, you are part of the problem.
the only bad thing about this is now they will be careful, which is a shame.

Stuart360

Well of course warriors can't gloat in all threads if they could they would get bored of it and move on.But one thing I noticed is that when you are a fan of whatever side it is always easy to agree/dismiss or forget about the bad things the side you root for did.
And that's a problem here on gaf where each side think the other did far worse.And I have no problem arguing with people on sony's side as well as MS side when I strongly disagree or just think they are wrong.I try to stay objective, I fail of course because it is impossible unless you don't care, then why bother?
But I try to and that's why I have already been contradicting Bo or strongly arguing with Abel empire as well as having great discussion with fans of Xbox even though I'm more interested in what sony offers.
Well all i would say to that is that someone did a 'which fans are the worse fans on Neogaf' thread, and Sony fans topped the pole by a mile. Unfortunately the mods deleted the thread (understandble really as it would just of caused warring). And this is a very Sony centric forum, and i thought the poll results were very telling.

lol Bo is cool to be fair. Had a lot of run ins with him, but we had a private chat, and we understood each others style. I get him now.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Well all i would say to that is that someone did a 'which fans are the worse fans on Neogaf' thread, and Sony fans topped the pole by a mile. Unfortunately the mods deleted the thread (understandble really as it would just of caused warring). And this is a very Sony centric forum, and i thought the poll results were very telling.
the question you need to ask is why playstation have more fans

Stuart360

and why is that? anyway you know the answer. why get rilled up about that? it is what it is
I think you missunderstood my orig post. If you are referencing the poll i was on about, Sony topped the poll for the WORST fanbase on Neogaf, and it wasnt even close.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Great now compare all the fud that has been thrown at Ps5 vs the Xbox...Once again anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias.I can find hundreds of examples, I mean there was a discord of xbox fanboys that organised fud and wished death of devs speaking badly of Xbox or too good of playstation.
One thing this Xbox fanatics group had was organisation which may explain that poll(even though it was closed so it can't really be used since not everybody had the time to vote)But I don't think I've seen anybody going as far as timdog that proudly explained how he harrassed a kid that wanted to buy a ps3...

Stuart360

Great now compare all the fud that has been thrown at Ps5 vs the Xbox...Once again anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias.I can find hundreds of examples, I mean there was a discord of xbox fanboys that organised fud and wished death of devs speaking badly of Xbox or too good of playstation.
One thing this Xbox fanatics group had was organisation which may explain that poll(even though it was closed so it can't really be used since not everybody had the time to vote)But I don't think I've seen anybody going as far as timdog that proudly explained how he harrassed a kid that wanted to buy a ps3...
Nah the poll was open all day, and had hundreds of votes accross the board.
Like i said anyway, these Twitter tools, Discord, whatever, thats not how all Xbox fans on here think. It seems these Discord fanboys have riled up Sony fanboys so much that its now 'fact' that all Xbox fanboys are the same, and all think the same.

EDit. Also it takes days, and sometimes weeks, to open an account here. The poll was only up a day so people couldnt just come on here and vote. Plus it was a public poll meaning you could see who voted.

Last edited:

DJ12

He only says the res is most of time at 1440p for both... rarely drops from that.
There is no stats about that.

That could be a suggestion for him... a table with the amount of frames it dropped the resolution.
There can be a lot read into words. for 4k mode he states drops are rare. 120fps mode, he says the common res is 1440p, he doesn't mention that the drops are rare, so you could surmise they are more common than the drops in 4k mode.

This applys to both consoles, xbox fans, before you get triggered.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Nah the poll was open all day, and had hundreds of votes accross the board.
Like i said anyway, these Twitter tools, Discord, whatever, thats not how all Xbox fans on here think.
Which is exactly what I said earlier,and also why I said this group and not all xbox fanboys, all that is true for any brand by the way.
And hundred of votes vs the thousands that we are on gaf ....Not as representative as you think but confirmation bias lead you to believe it is.
I even mentionned xbox fanboys with whom I had great discussion, once again look at how this discussion is going you totally agree with me on certain points once it concern Xbox fanatics.
When I'm the one saying there's bad and good on both sides but I haven't seen anything as hard as some Xbox fanboys have done and said here(once again harrassement is something that I never thought an adult would do because a kid bought a product of another brand).

Stuart360

Which is exactly what I said earlier,and also why I said this group and not all xbox fanboys, all that is true for any brand by the way.
And hundred of votes vs the thousands that we are on gaf ....Not as representative as you think but confirmation bias lead you to believe it is.
I even mentionned xbox fanboys with whom I had great discussion, once again look at how this discussion is going you totally agree with me on certain points once it concern Xbox fanatics.
When I'm the one saying there's bad and good on both sides but I haven't seen anything as hard as some Xbox fanboys have done and said here(once again harrassement is something that I never thought an adult would do because a kid bought a product of another brand).
There are thousands of members on Neogaf, but traffic is only in the 200-700 per day, and the poll had about 600 votes.
In fact there are only 540 users online right now for example.
Anyway forget the poll, it is what it is.

MonarchJT

Banned
Lol, I'm a fanboy for saying both consoles perform the same, and it's mostly on a game-by-game basis? 😂

and you're not a fanboy who thinks that XSX will have a ~30% advantage over PS5 in multiplatform games even though there is no evidence or data for it?
you are a fanboy for everything you say in various threads as I certainly am from your point of view. if you continued reading instead of acting yourself exactly as a fanboy you would understand the my position on fanboyism;)

Last edited:

Stuart360

rofl, thats because your brethren have abandoned this thread after eating some pie, they are dishing out likes to you as you are the last warrior standing.

Congrats, here's your medal:

f0385f61d3315d95f5a6b63fa8de111d.jpg
Thanks, its my colour. :messenger_smiling:

And yeah i'm sure many of them think i'm stupid, especially when i look at the users that gave me the smilies. It could also be that i was telling some nice little facts, and the only retaliation to those facts are smilies.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
There are thousands of members on Neogaf, but traffic is only in the 200-700 per day, and the poll had about 600 votes.
In fact there are only 540 users online right now for example.
Anyway forget the poll, it is what it is.
And you agree again that it is not representative.Because traffic or daily traffic does not represent a full community.
Like fanatics don't represent their community.

ethomaz

Banned
I feel bad you are doing so much work, yet you are still wrong.
C’mon.
Your link proves my point that cores count doesn’t scale linearity lol

Nad shows how clock changes the result very linear.

That makes me think you are not understanding what is being show.

Last edited:

DJ12

And yeah i'm sure many of them think i'm stupid, especially when i look at the users that gave me the smilies. It could also be that i was telling some nice little facts, and the only retaliation to those facts are smilies.
Do Trump style alternative facts count now then?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

No those were opinions, what if I found a study saying that xbox fanboys are more toxic? Even that would not be a fact other than the study exists.

The 'Another One' memes are just banter, and both sides post them in every thread. As for the other bit about framerate, every comparison so far, even the ones where XSX has a significant rez jump, PS5 has always been pronounced the 'winner' because of a tiny few frames etc from like 20k frames. Now with this game, the roles reversed and rez was important again. Thats the hypocrisy, you cant have it both ways and swap around when it suits there system of choice.

Also try not to take things so seriously, the majority of posts are banter. I dont actually care which version is better, and its going to swap through the whole gen. Just no need for cringe goal post changing when it suits people.

Strong opinions on what?, Riky doing an obvious sarcastic post in regards to the goal post shifting in this very thread?. I did the same kind of post (as banter), even though i already said PS5 wins this one due to the higher overall rez, while XSX framerate advantage will be almost impossible to notice.
Where were you lot the last few comparisons anyway?, didnt see a wink out of a lot of you until this one. Will it be the same again with the Kingdom Hearts 3 comparison, which is already in the Next Gen Troll thread, and has XSX higher resolution and miles better AF?.

Actually, there is no hypocrisy. It's basically almost every win for PS5 because Phil Spencer "most powerful console" narrative crap. Fps difference between all in this game is what....0.05% difference. As long PS5 with almost 2 TF deficit shows graphical settings and performance on par with XSX, it's basically a win for PS5. In vast majority of games XSX didn't showed almost 2TF difference in games ( that includes fps advantage, graphicall and resolution advantage - all in 1.
But wait. Tools are coming. Can't wait for Phil Spencer announcement on E3 stage for better tools on XSX. :/

Stuart360

Who started the tools and who is more toxic, the former is wrong and the later an opinion.
DF started the tools talk, and Sony fanboys ran with it for months. I have said all this already, the thread is there to check. There is no right or wrong to it

As the saying goes 'if in doubt, smilie it out'.

Stuart360

Actually, there is no hypocrisy. It's basically almost every win for PS5 because Phil Spencer "most powerful console" narrative crap. Fps difference between all in this game is what....0.05% difference. As long PS5 with almost 2 TF deficit shows graphical settings and performance on par with XSX, it's basically a win for PS5. In vast majority of games XSX didn't showed almost 2TF difference in games ( that includes fps advantage, graphicall and resolution advantage - all in 1.
But wait. Tools are coming. Can't wait for Phil Spencer announcement on E3 stage for better tools on XSX. :/
So in other words, even when PS5 'loses', it still 'wins'?. Thats very smart, and not biased at all. We may as well ban comparison threads from now on as PS5 wins them automatically.
It also makes no sense when the comparisons are supposed to be used for which system has the better version of a game.

DJ12

DF started the tools talk, and Sony fanboys ran with it for months. I have said all this already, the thread is there to check. There is no right or wrong to it

As the saying goes 'if in doubt, smilie it out'.
How long have you been a member?

The tools were brought up multiple times by your cohort of coolaid drinkers in all the early comparison threads when series x got soundly beaten.

It became a "meme" for PlayStaion fans because of this over use, not because DF said it once in a video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom