• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 291: Poirier vs. Gaethje 2 - Salt Lake City - July 29

Who wins: Poirier or Gaethje? Blachowicz or Pereira? Thompson or Pereira?

• Poirier, Blachowicz, Thompson.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Poirier, Pereira, Thompson.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Poirier, Blachowicz, Pereira.

• Poirier, Pereira, Pereira.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gaethje, Blachowicz, Thompson.

• Gaethje, Pereira, Thompson.

• Gaethje, Blachowicz, Pereira.

• Gaethje, Pereira, Pereira.

• Poirier, Blachowicz, Lewis.

• Poirier, Pereira, Lewis.

• Poirier, Blachowicz, Rogerio de Lima.

• Poirier, Pereira, Rogerio de Lima.

• Gaethje, Blachowicz, Lewis.

• Gaethje, Pereira, Lewis.

• Gaethje, Blachowicz, Rogerio de Lima.

• Gaethje, Pereira, Rogerio de Lima.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well deserved by Gaethje. Great card overall. Glad to see Lewis get such a great highlight again. I called ALL of the fights wrong... Lol.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

That was nasty. Poirier took the headkick, head smacked the mat, then took a hammer fist right on the dome.

I mentioned a few days ago, I thought both of these guys were due to fall off soon. Looks like that might be the case for Poirier.

That was nasty. Poirier took the headkick, head smacked the mat, then took a hammer fist right on the dome.

I mentioned a few days ago, I thought both of these guys were due to fall off soon. Looks like that might be the case for Poirier.
Poirier is still easily top 4 or 5 of his division. He should absolutely quit should he desire, he's been doing it forever, but he's still at the top of the game right now, at least for another year or two.

This is just two of the best guys in the division doing what they always do and have done in the past.

Like Gaethje said, sometimes luck and chance is a factor and it could have easily just gone the other way. Their first fights is one of my favorite of all time and it really made me a huge fan of Poirier.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Poirier is still easily top 4 or 5 of his division. He should absolutely quit should he desire, he's been doing it forever, but he's still at the top of the game right now, at least for another year or two.

This is just two of the best guys in the division doing what they always do and have done in the past.

Like Gaethje said, sometimes luck and chance is a factor and it could have easily just gone the other way. Their first fights is one of my favorite of all time and it really made me a huge fan of Poirier.

It's a game of inches and when guys to start to decline, this is what happens. They start getting caught in openings that suddenly weren't there before. It doesn't always result in a vicious knockout, but the 1st Usman/Edwards fight is an almost perfect example (the result, not the headkick). Usman came back after that and looked remarkably slower and gunshy. I doubt it will be a dramatic drop off, but the days of him being a contender are over. I would bet money on that. I've seen this before, especially in the lightweight division.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
35 years old, 1-3 in the last 5 years, stopped in his last 2 fights. What a delusional dumbass.

one was a

Conor Mcgregor Sport GIF by UFC
though

UYl4uMK.jpg

GymWolf

What did i told you? justin is the one who improved the most and now he added high kicks to his arsenal.

Happy for alex, lewis and holland, this was a good card.

Kopylov is a danger in that middelweight division.

Last edited:

mxbison

Alex is way bigger than jan...both reach, heigh and probably muscle wise.

The dude had his best success as a kickboxer at 205 not 185.

And jan got ko by an ex middleweight santos that looks like an ant close to alex.

Yeah I was surprised to see how big he is.

That fight was a draw IMO.

Round 1 Jan
Round 2 Alex
Round 3 Draw

But since MMA has these bullshit rules they would rather flip a coin and give one guy a loss than have a draw.

Top Bottom