• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards 2 - Salt Lake City - August 20

Who wins: Usman or Edwards? Costa or Rockhold? Aldo or Dvalishvili?

• Usman, Costa, Aldo.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Usman, Rockhold, Aldo.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Usman, Costa, Dvalishvili.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Usman, Rockhold, Dvalishvili.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Edwards, Costa, Aldo.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Edwards, Rockhold, Aldo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edwards, Costa, Dvalishvili.

• Edwards, Rockhold, Dvalishvili.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheers Maestro.

Looks good, finally a good challenge for Usman & the rest of the card ain't bad.

Will Costa be drunk? Can Rockhold get him down before his chin let's him down?

GymWolf

The win for marty is not so sure this time, Leon doesn't have shit technique and no power like colby.

Costa is gonna massacre rockhold and i like both of them...

GymWolf

Cheers Maestro.

Looks good, finally a good challenge for Usman & the rest of the card ain't bad.

Will Costa be drunk? Can Rockhold get him down before his chin let's him down?
Costa is super strong in the grappling, look his match against romero, the guy was reversing takedowns with a single arm...

And rockhold is good with JJ but not as good as a wrestler.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

Will someone finally dethrone Marty? Probably not. Lamest champ ever.
You must be speaking about his personality because his championship fights have been entertaining

Usman turning into Woodley. Hope he’s not distracted. Wouldn’t mind seeing Edwards get the W

Last edited:

Irobot82

You must be speaking about his personality because his championship fights have been entertaining

Usman turning into Woodley. Hope he’s not distracted. Wouldn’t mind seeing Edwards get the W
Of course I am. The dude is the lamest fakest loser. He has zero personality, switches who he "is" depending on what angle he is trying to present. Marty Snoozeman.

He's a damn good fighter tho.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
not sure about merab vs aldo maybe merab??? since hes got wrestling but aldo has good TD defense. costa vs rock hold is probably gonna be standing and I think rock hold doesn't really have a strong chin so if he gets caught once maybe its lights out so I'm picking costa and for usman/edwards I gotta go with usman since he will probably wrestle a bit and hes used to training at altitude in colorado not sure where edwards trains.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Either Aldo is overrated, or that other guy is way better though ranked #6. Aldo did nothing all match except he landed maybe 5 good hits. He got dominated and at the final decision he acted like he should had won. lol

Last edited:

-MD-

Either Aldo is overrated, or that other guy is way better though ranked #6. Aldo did nothing all match except he landed maybe 5 good hits. He got dominated and at the final decision he acted like he should had won. lol

I'm gonna assume you're relatively new to this sport lol

MaestroMike

Gold Member
very strange as$ fight rock hold was super gassed don't think he was ready for the altitude got some good shots in though

-MD-

very strange as$ fight rock hold was super gassed don't think he was ready for the altitude got some good shots in though

They were both cooked after the first round, honestly everyone thought Rockhold was gettin ko'd stiff inside 2 rounds so I think he exceeded everyones expectations for this. I'd like to see him fight again with better cardio.

Edit: Taking the gloves off

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
They were both cooked after the first round, honestly everyone thought Rockhold was gettin ko'd stiff inside 2 rounds so I think he exceeded everyones expectations for this. I'd like to see him fight again with better cardio.

Edit: Taking the gloves off

i think he dropped costa in the third I think he still should fight he was off 3 years probably should've had a tune up fight like they did with mcgregor cuz costa is still a dog lol i don't know why they paired his comeback fight with him after a long layoff

SpiceRacz

Costa's biggest enemy is his cardio. It was good seeing him not go berserk and fighting recklessly though. He also passed Luke's guard which is fucking crazy. The truth is, Luke had no business in there. He was 1-3 in the past 6 years going into the fight.

SpiceRacz

Aldo is "only" 35, but he's fighting for nearly 20 years. He's well past his prime and still fighting top ranked dudes (and winning). He was actually up on some scorecards if you look at different MMA sites.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those who didnt watch it, the Rockhold/Costa fight was one part weird, one part awesome. Best main card fight (I didnt watch the undercard).

Wow. Usman knocked out. And I thought this was going to be another 5 round Usman borefest where he grabbles and fence-pins for 5 minutes.
I'm gonna assume you're relatively new to this sport lol
Casual MMA fan. I dont follow all the rankings.
Aldo is "only" 35, but he's fighting for nearly 20 years. He's well past his prime and still fighting top ranked dudes (and winning). He was actually up on some scorecards if you look at different MMA sites.
Hard to believe he was up. Aside from a handful of good hits he did zero in the three rounds. Judges were right unanimously scoring it for Merab.

Top Bottom