• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

no way am I missing getting to watch CM Punk get his ass beat, everything else on the card being solid is just icing

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
That CM Punk headshot is awful, he looks like a goblin.

Phil "Hob" Brooks.

Fox318

Reem is ruthless for betting against his teammate:(

He beat the shit out of that teammate.

Too many fighters are training with Jackson Wink right now anyway.

Plenty of great MMA gyms and coaches where you can get more in depth planning and training.

Xion385

Lulz. Punk's eligibility for a fighter's license is causing controversy.

A mixed martial arts fighter will be required to have a minimum of five recorded amateur bouts with a winning record prior to being permitted to compete as a professional mixed martial arts fighter. They may appeal to the executive director or Ohio athletic commission to have this waived.

Caboose

Skinny fat no more?

57ce33fb3a0bc.jpeg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Say it ain't so, Sunny. You put a ban bet on CM Punk winning an MMA fight?!
It is so. I don't even want him to win, and I know he"LL get killed. But I'm a sucker for making my own stakes, and at least this way if he wins, there's an upside.

He won't win and it'll be glorious.

Aiii

So not worth it
It is so. I don't even want him to win, and I know he"LL get killed. But I'm a sucker for making my own stakes, and at least this way if he wins, there's an upside.

He won't win and it'll be glorious.

It's a work like your Landis avatar and we both know it, Sunny Mac.

weekev

Banned
Man i thought Faber retired after Cruz annihilated him. Don't know why he's still going, would be very surprised if he ever gets another shot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a work like your Landis avatar and we both know it, Sunny Mac.
Not a work. I will respectfully take my punishment. I stake my life on it!
I was inspired by bjork's year long ban bet over something stupid. I said to myself "what's a stupid fucking bet I could make?" Since I was thinking about stupidity, CM Punk came to mind.

sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg

seriously though...

How is this not a W for punk already?

Gets a fat check, learned some MMA, looks in great shape that probably makes his chick not have to use lube anymore....

who cares if he loses

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk just did an interview on Doug Gottliebs radio show and Punk sounded so annoyed the entire time.

Typical Phil.
No surprise that Mr CM "it's not about money" Punk is doing that too.

If it wasn't about money and was instead about a bucket list item, he would have fought for a shit MMA promotion like Big Dave Batista did, and got it out of his system. Punk is money hungry and can't stop spending. He'll be back in WWE if there's money to be made, and there is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's looking well. Eh i hope he wins, itll be the best outcome for more carny enjoyment. Jesus though id love to see WWE's veiled digs at him if he loses too.
You'll probably get them no matter which way it goes. I mean hey, why not?

Bronx-Man

Banned

If it wasn't about money and was instead about a bucket list item, he would have fought for a shit MMA promotion like Big Dave Batista did, and got it out of his system. Punk is money hungry and can't stop spending. He'll be back in WWE if there's money to be made, and there is.
Does Punk really spend that much though? He's got an average house and just buys comics & hockey tickets.

Hasney

Eh, not saying it is or isn't just something he "had to try" or whatever, but if you had to try something and someone said "Cool, we'll give you a few million to do it here", you're not going to say no.

Haunted

In the words of the CME - Stiiiiiiipeeeeh! Really likable guy, I'm rooting for him over Overeem.

I have Werdum over Browne, setting up the rematch against Miocic.

Gall is new and relatively inexperienced in the UFC, but he's going to fucking wreck Brooks.

Xion385

Lulz. Punk's eligibility for a fighter's license is causing controversy.

A mixed martial arts fighter will be required to have a minimum of five recorded amateur bouts with a winning record prior to being permitted to compete as a professional mixed martial arts fighter. They may appeal to the executive director or Ohio athletic commission to have this waived.

Celebrity Fighter MMA out clause?

Could they not have taken care of this prior to 4 days before the fight??

Ohio Athletic Commission on why they licensed Punk:

That's not the same..... at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom