• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

giphy.gif

His best look

I dont watch the WWE - but whats the big deal with CM Punk ?

One of their biggest superstars who left the company unhappy

Sanjuro

Valtýr;215934183 said:
Interested to see how he does. Win it lose, can't hate on the dude for giving it a try. Unless you're a prick.

Unless he is a prick, and that is why people hate on the dude.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If I'm Punk, I take a dive after the first attempt at a punch from Gall. Get that easy money without breaking a sweat, Gall looks strong, and Punk gets to main event WrestleMania 33. Everyone wins, baby!

McMahon to Punk: "Make Gall look strong."

As a 36 year old who started doing BJJ this year, i respect the hell out of CM Punk for wanting to do something he loves despite being a bit too old for it. But no way in hell does he win this fight unless Gall drops dead from a heart attack while making his entrance.

Fushin

Gall did some sloppy shit against Ron Templeton so let's not act like Punk is fighting some amazing professional fighter here. They're both amateurs higher up on the card than they deserve.

You're shoving a novice in with someone who is intermediate; it is going to be ugly. Gall is just a prospect by normal standards but he still has years of BJJ under his belt. This will probably look a lot like Gall's last fight with a finish on the ground via RNC. If it goes longer than a few minutes I'll be impressed.

Stipe/Reem has potential but the first round will probably be boring AF as they feel each other out. Someone is getting knocked out eventually though, I'll go with Reem towards the end of round 2 in a fight that looks a lot like the JDS bout from a few months ago.

Browne's chin is gone, the dude has been out on his feet his last 3 losses. Dadbod Werdum has enough in the tank to finish him in the rematch.

Urijah's boring, difficult to get excited for his fights anymore. Go home and be a family man coach. Rivera by unanimous decision.

I've only seen Calderwood fight once but she looked good against Létourneau and her Scottish accent melts my icy, cynical heart. Calderwood by split decision.

I just really want a Backlash ad to air right after Punk's match regardless of the outcome.

Or Punk is just after getting his ass kicked and the camera angle allows a zoom in to someone sitting in front of the crowd.

1934687_o.gif

RK9039

Not really watched much UFC, isn't Reem the guy that started off really small?

He put on a ton of muscle mass over the years, but now he's looking a lot more leaner.

Econoreem they call him.

Calcureem

Should be a great fight. I want the reem to win because he's one of my favourites but Stipe will be a tough opponent for him.

The more I watch of this doc series the more embarrassing it gets for everyone involved.

I need that blonde girl cringing gif.

Tragic.

beasty

Jessica Eye and Bethe is going to be a shit show.

Jessica Eye always gets promoted as this great striker but her stand up is really bad. She has no head movement. Same thing as Bethe.

Indelible

I'am rooting for Punk but I don't see him winning this fight, should be fun to watch because both guys are looking to prove themselves.

Punk is apparently fine, he just has a short fuse. As ironic as it sounds, he is apparently a good friend when it matters and loyal. Anyway, I hope he either wins or has a good showing. A mid 30 year old dude trying something he is interested in and giving it his all. I hope he is successful.

MC Safety

And I say he is a nice guy. So, as you can see, we both can have opinions.

I got to interview CM Punk once. He was agreeable, but I asked him about money in the bank and he clearly got annoyed with the question. He shot me the laser death eyes before recovering and answering.

It's likely he's a nice enough guy with a short fuse or intolerance for what he doesn't consider pertinent.

So maybe you are both a little right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom