• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best fast-food chicken nuggets in America, ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Chik-Fil-A has to be the most overrated fast food joint in the country.

I received a coupon in the mail back in November for a free order of nuggets. They were okay but more surprisingly they were a lot smaller than I expected. If I had paid for them I would have felt ripped off.

I can't speak for their nuggets, but I think their spicy chicken sandwich is excellent.

Nuggets are such a 80s and 90s product. These days it's all about fingers.

I'll be the first to admit they're overrated as hell, but the menu is simple, they're always fresh, and they're always quality. Definitely my go-to spot for fried chicken.

This but I smuggle packets of Popeye's Sweet Heat.

It really is the GOAT sauce.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Chik-Fil-A has to be the most overrated fast food joint in the country.

I received a coupon in the mail back in November for a free order of nuggets. They were okay but more surprisingly they were a lot smaller than I expected. If I had paid for them I would have felt ripped off.

Did you ever get anything else from them or did you figure they were the most overrated fast food joint after getting just nuggets from them?

Cause let me tell you about our lord and savior, the tray of chicken mini biscuits.

0hdnSDE.png

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Did you ever get anything else from them or did you figure they were the most overrated fast food joint after getting just nuggets from them?

I've eaten from them various times over the years and I've never found their offerings to be any better than their contemporaries. Judging by what I've seen people say online you'd think they were a five-star restaurant or something.

Busaiku

I can understand Cane's not being on the nuggets list, since they're technically tenders, but the sauce not being number 1 is ridiculous.

mackattk

I've eaten from them various times over the years and I've never found their offerings to be any better than their contemporaries. Judging by what I've seen people say online you'd think they were a five-star restaurant or something.

They are a little bit hit or miss sometimes. It really is one of the things I hate most about it.. Sometimes I get a chicken sandwich there and the chicken is pretty small, other times the bun can't hold all the chicken. It really depends on how the cook cuts it and pounds it I guess.

I know everyone's opinion is different, but CFA really is a league above other fast food places as far as the quality of chicken goes.

Sephzilla

When they're fresh McNuggets are actually pretty good.

Burger King's nuggets need to be lower. Those things are pure struggle food.

kunonabi

McD's current nuggets are the worst they've ever been so I have no idea why they're on this list. BK being on the list in any capacity is also massively confusing. It's hard for me to defend Popeyes's current nuggets considering how amazing they used to be.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
They are a little bit hit or miss sometimes. It really is one of the things I hate most about it.. Sometimes I get a chicken sandwich there and the chicken is pretty small, other times the bun can't hold all the chicken. It really depends on how the cook cuts it and pounds it I guess.

I know everyone's opinion is different, but CFA really is a league above other fast food places as far as the quality of chicken goes.

My wife has sworn the place off for good. A few years back she ordered a chicken sandwich and the chicken patty was wet, she almost gagged on the spot.

Cause let me tell you about our lord and savior, the tray of chicken mini biscuits.

0hdnSDE.png

Amen! Wendy's has ok nuggets but they are barely above McDonalds.

Wendy's spicy nugget breading is good. But the actual nugget? Formed pressed chicken part mess. And how in the hell does this list put their regular and spicy as equal? Regular is crap.

McDonalds and CFA are objectively better.

Wait what? I'm suprised McDonalds is so high on the list. I thought KFC was better regarded and always wanted to try it. The only KFC I know in Sweden is at the airport. I think McDonalds chicken is shit though so maybe I'm better off without it then.

Um, I don't see Raising Cane's...

I've now had chicken from Raising Cane's three separate times from three separate locations after repeated insistence by several people that it's fantastic.

It's the blandest chicken I've ever had and I don't know how they remain in business let alone thrive as a franchise operation.

It's the sauce that makes it amazing. The chicken is alright enough, but I'd do some terrible shit for some Cane's sauce. Found out a long time ago that people's love/hate for Cane's directly correlates to how much they like the sauce

studyguy

I don't see how you can even rank the first two above Chik Fil A when they use like solid pieces of chicken, not that weird amalgam of chicken paste stuff McDonalds and Wendy's use.

Nuggets are such a 80s and 90s product. These days it's all about fingers.

56200bad21018.image.png

I'll be the first to admit they're overrated as hell, but the menu is simple, they're always fresh, and they're always quality. Definitely my go-to spot for fried chicken.

I just got done destroying a Caniac Combo. I won't be eating the rest of the day.

Plum

Another thread where I learn that the UK gets the short straw when it comes to obesity-causing fast food restaraunts. We can't even get heart problems from nice chicken nuggets!

It's the sauce that makes it amazing. The chicken is alright enough, but I'd do some terrible shit for some Cane's sauce. Found out a long time ago that people's love/hate for Cane's directly correlates to how much they like the sauce

If a place only serves chicken, that shit better be great. The chicken I had was mediocre as hell and places that serve a wide variety of food do a much better job with theirs. I'll never understand how this place exists nor how it has grown to expand into NE.

Also, the fries aren't very good and the bread was soggy.

Lastly, yes, I'm overly salty about a fast food chain I could easily ignore.

What an awful list.
My 9-5 are rated begrudgingly since I hold them in super low regard but ya'll just want the top 5 regardless so it's fine.

9. McDonald's Chicken McNuggets - These things are so dry and flavorless it's fucking insane. Shit-Tier Nug.
8. White Castle Chicken Rings - Bland as bland can be.
7. Burger King Nuggets - A barely superior McDonald's clone.
6. Wendy's Plain Nuggets - The first nugget on this list with flavor.
5. KFC Popcorn Chicken - Popcorn Chicken 101: A Workshop
4. Wendy's Spicy Nuggets - A little kick, actual flavor and decent breading.
3. Burger King Chicken Fries - The spicy ones in particular, good shit.
2. Popeye's Nuggets - Despite the fact that I'm making a list ranking fucking chicken nuggets, I tend to avoid fast food but Popeye's is top shelf fast food chicken.
1. Chick-Fil-A - Was this even a debate? Literally the pinnacle of fast food.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
BK and White Castle being at the bottom is truth.

Ask yourself this, if BK nuggests weren't 1.49 for 10.. would you ever order them?

They are somehow WORSE than fucking supermarket bargain basement cook in the oven nuggets.. which is really hard to do.

catmincer

Idk but mcnuggets here are amazing probaby because they're actually just chicken breast with a coating and mcdonalds sweet and sour sauce is the best

hermit7

I can agree with the list on the premise that better quality doesn't mean a better nuggie, even if chik fil a is objectively a better and higher quality piece of meat.

When I want chik fil a I'll get nuggets every time but when I want some fuckin nugs I get wendys or Mcdonalds.

1. Raising canes is only in like louisiana and texas.
2. Strips are not nuggets, they are strips

We get raising canes here in AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom