• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Takeout: Our fast food chicken sandwich rankings, so far

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

11. Boston Market's Nashville Hot Breaded Chicken Sandwich
10. Portillo's Spicy Chicken Sandwich
9. Chili's Chicken Sandwich
8. Taco Bell's Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco
7. KFC Chicken Sandwich
6. Zaxby's Signature Sandwich
5. McDonald's Crispy Chicken Sandwich
4. Burger King's Ch'King Sandwich
3. Jollibee's Chicken Sandwich
2. Hardee's Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich
1. Popeyes Chicken Sandwich

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
For McDonald’s #5 is pretty good middle of the road it’s a new sandwich, the fries and drink complete it.

Chili’s is fast food?

I like Jolibees when it comes to fast food chicken sandwiches because of their amazing pies

_side.jpg

And pineapple juice

toronto-restaurants-fast-food-jollibee-scarborough-filipino-pineapple-juice-368x0-c-default.jpg

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
The article is written in a weird way; I think it's purposely written as "best chicken sandwiches offered by NOT Chick-Fil-A"

So yes, excluding Chick-Fil-A, Popeyes is the best.
I read the o.p. and was thinking with Chic Fila's omission this list is null and void. Makes more sense if it was purposefully not included.

Reallink

Zaxby's sandwich is trash (it was much better before they got rid of it for like 6 months and brought back some bastardized version of it). McDonald's is a much lower quality, poor man's Chickfila knockoff. BK's was dried horse leather aged under a warming lamp for 3 days. KFC in my experience has actually been the most consistently good fast food sandwich, always got a thick and juicy patty seemingly fresh fried.

Last edited:

Billbofet

The first time I tried the Ch'King, it blew my mind. I couldn't believe it was fast food. It was just the right amount of crunch, heat, and it was juicy as well.
I've gotten it several times since and it has not been even close to that first time. If it was consistent, it would be my number 1.

I also think McDonald's does not belong on this list.

Rival

Gold Member
I’ve tried McDonald’s twice and it was practically inedible. Most of them are trash. I don’t even really think Popeyes is all that good. Portillo is actually decent but too small.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Popeye's spicy sandwich is indeed great.

Wendy's I prefer their grilled offerings over fried.

Taco Bell shouldn't be on any top 10 list. It has fallen so far this past decade. Absolute garbage food with everything now drenched in their thick nacho cheese sauce.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
I had Chic fil A before

I tasted much better chicken burgers lol
It's too bad you didn't mention a single one of these better chicken burgers. It's cool to hate chic fila for whatever personal reason you have. I get that. But no one believes that chic fila sandwiches belong in the garbage, nor would they fall anywhere below 1st or second on o.p's list. Speaking purely of chain fast food, they are undeniably at or near the top.

It's too bad you didn't mention a single one of these better chicken burgers. It's cool to hate chic fila for whatever personal reason you have. I get that. But no one believes that chic fila sandwiches belong in the garbage, nor would they fall anywhere below 1st or second on o.p's list. Speaking purely of chain fast food, they are undeniably at or near the top.
Burger Rim is amazing

Popeyes

Raising Cains

I'll agree with Popeye's at number one or two (behind Chic-fil-a)

Third I would say KFC or the notably omitted Dairy Queen.

10-15 years ago Burger King had the excellent Spicy Chicken Tendercrisp, but that's long gone, and the ChicKing doesn't compare. Wendy's was also killing it back then but they've fallen off considerably.

Popeye's is good but I didn't read the article, why is CFA not on here?
Site's probably run by commies. I mean you could make a case that Popeye's is better. It's still not true... but it's an understandable take. You try to say that the MickeyD's dry ass bullshit beats Chik-fil-A and you know it's shenanigans.

Davey Cakes

I've had McDonald's chicken sandwich. It's cute how they even try to touch the perfection that is the Popeye's sandwich.

Hari Seldon

CFA shits all over popeye.

McDs is also very good, but only if they make it correctly. It has a high quality bun but sometimes you get one on a regular burger bun and it is terrible. For overall chicken quality, CFA is the best by a huge margin. Popeyes is only good if you are a big fan of the sauce. CFA achieves a great taste with no sauce due to chicken quality.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
Site's probably run by commies. I mean you could make a case that Popeye's is better. It's still not true... but it's an understandable take. You try to say that the MickeyD's dry ass bullshit beats Chik-fil-A and you know it's shenanigans.
I would bet many virtue signalers online who boast of how bad CFA is definitely eats it. Funny where the line in the sand is for moral outrage, CFA is too far! Let me post online for points from my (insert device here made in China)

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Sooner or later i'm gonna try this damn popeye chicken sandwich...
I said the same thing. Finally got around to it, was decent but nothing earth shaking. I told myself maybe I need to go to a better location. A few weeks later I tried a second Popeyes. Equally average. Back to chic fila it is then.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I have yet to taste a better chicken sandwich than Chic-fil-a's. Popeyes comes as a close second, but there's too much batter on it. McD's is a decent middle ground, then everything else is just, meh.

Top Bottom