• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best fast-food chicken nuggets in America, ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

Tried McDs nuggets a few days ago after having not tried them for a while and they were surprisingly good. Didn't they change the recipe or something lately?

Wendy's are fine, but they're a bit generic.

greepoman

I don't see how you can even rank the first two above Chik Fil A when they use like solid pieces of chicken, not that weird amalgam of chicken paste stuff McDonalds and Wendy's use.

That's exactly why chic-fil-a should be disqualified from this list. Chic fil a is good but they're not real nuggets... It's chicken paste or go home.

E92 M3

Can someone please check white ties McDonalds has to Russia? I refuse to accept these results. CFA is no one's bitch.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I agree with the reviews assessment of CFA nuggets... they are ok.. but great? nah.

McDonalds and Wendy's have what I want in a nugget.. which is a great vessel for sauces.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Pretty good list. The only thing wrong with it is chik-fil-a should be lower on the list.
It should be lower on the list.
everything else should be taken off the list because they're trash tier

I will fight anyone who says number 1 isn't well deserved. God, Wendy's spicy nuggets are fucking fire.
By fucking fire I assume you mean burning garbage

I think the top 3 is right, not sure on the order, but they are all interchangeable imho. I guess I'd give Wendy's the edge for value.

Sauce wise though, CFA's sriracha sauce alone makes them #1.

andthebeatgoeson

Just wrong. Completely wrong.

Chick fil a is 1. Mcdonalds is shit tier.

Chicken paste? Do the Atlanta chick fil a's actually use chicken and you guys get something else. It's whole chicken chunks for me. What am i missing?

Wendy's at number one is no surprise. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the list in either flavor offering.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who used to get those McDonald's Chicken Selects, though. You dipped those in their Chipotle BBQ and you got a taste of heaven on earth with extra sodium added in, of course. But damn those were my jam during high school.

CFA is overrated as fuck. Their breading is straight sugar, even on their spicy chicken sandwich... shit is nasty. We have a chain around here called PDQ that blows them out of the water all day every day.

McDonald's McNuggets are on their 4th or 5th recipe and it's the best one they've ever had. When they're fresh they are my favorite, but if they're soggy it's real bad.

I thought it was peanut oil and pickle juice. Sweetness comes from the peanut oil

kewlmyc

By fucking fire I assume you mean burning garbage

Nah. Depends on the Wendy's you go to. A good batch of both spicy or regular nuggets are fantastic. Though if you go to a crappy Wendy's and they give you dry nuggets, then I can understand your hatred.

Also Chic-Fil-A should be second place. Wish there were more near my house and that they were open 7 days a week.

Nuggets are such a 80s and 90s product. These days it's all about fingers.

This is also a good choice. Strips/Tenders > Nuggets in general.

Chick fil A's taste good, yeah, but they're much more expensive and much smaller than other chains. Their largest portion I probably inhale in like two minutes.

greepoman

Just wrong. Completely wrong.

Chick fil a is 1. Mcdonalds is shit tier.

Chicken paste? Do the Atlanta chick fil a's actually use chicken and you guys get something else. It's whole chicken chunks for me. What am i missing?

That's the point... Chic-fil-a is more "chicken chunks" than chicken nuggets (which come from a chicken paste that almost every other nuggets on the list uses). In the end more traditional nuggets end up "thinner" and can be any shape, which I personally like more at this point...though I did like chic-fil-a more at one point.

I have never had a chicken nugget better than Chick-fil-A's.

McDonald's nuggets are disgusting. When I had to go do visitation with my dad as a kid he would constantly take me to McDonald's since he didn't like to cook, and get me a happy meal to eat while he drove. I loved the fries, but hated the nuggets so I tried to hide them so I wouldn't have to eat them. Somewhere, in some junkyard, there's an old Volkswagen with tons of dried out McNuggets stuffed between the seats.

Also, Chick-fil-A's honey mustard is the best sauce hand's down.

Doogdogg

BK nuggets are vile, no wonder it's damn cheap.

They had a different nuggets around 2011 or '12, which was a poor McDonald's clone. But it is better than the cheap crap they have today.

Wendy's always have the best nuggets.

McDonald's are okay if they are just out the fryer, otherwise it's dry as hell if you order a batch that's sat around.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Who has tasted UK chicken mcnuggets and US ones? Do they taste the same cause the UK ones are disgusting. Can't believe there would be only once better kind in the US.

Zoe

Wendy's nuggets may have flavor, but the quality of meat should have disqualified them from the number 1 spot.

Chick-fil-A FTW.

9. White Castle Chicken Pretzel Donut Shaped Rings

that sounds terrible

i ain't gonna lie; I love me some McD nuugeets for a quick meal I buy a 20 piece and call it a day! so I'd expect them a #2

EDIT: though if you happen to be in southwestern, CT I would suggest Garden Catering nuggets!!! best of the best!!!

zelas

Predicted Wendy's at #1 but McD's at #2? Bullshit list is bullshit list.
I hate Wendy's but their nuggets have always been my #1. Wtf indeed at McD's being so high.

Also Burger King has nuggets, why are they ranking chicken fries? Those things suck.

Seems weird to make such a long article and include this sentence:
McDonald's Sweet and Sour and Chick-Fil-A’s nugget sauce didn't make the list after it was determined they weren't good enough to recommend at all.
that completely invalidates your opinion.

eso76

BK is the best because I can get thirty of them for under $5

That's 5$ of minced chicken bones, beaks, legs and feathers. Yummy!

Couple months ago they had a special price on cheeseburgers, 1 for 0,50 $. I mean, are they trying to attract people or scare them away, because I for one don't want to know what those hamburgers are made of much less eat one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom