• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best fast-food chicken nuggets in America, ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

CFA had to be number one based solely on the fact that they're the only ones that are obviously made from a piece of chicken

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Both lists very accurate from my memory, although Wendy's is the only fast food place I go because those nuggets tho

Triz

We still got hot mustard here in Houston. It's what I always get.

This is madness! So its just the west coast that doesn't have hot mustard?

edit* looking online I show it discontinued as of 2012. You are living in a magic district that all Hot Mustard has been shipped to.

ryseing

I only Chic-a-fila would make spicy nuggets. Those would be GOAT.

They did at some test locations but didn't sell well. An acquaintance of mine worked at a location where they were a thing.

CFA is overrated as fuck. Their breading is straight sugar, even on their spicy chicken sandwich... shit is nasty. We have a chain around here called PDQ that blows them out of the water all day every day.

McDonald's McNuggets are on their 4th or 5th recipe and it's the best one they've ever had. When they're fresh they are my favorite, but if they're soggy it's real bad.

PDQ is great but CFA's breading isn't straight sugar. There's sugar in it but the peanut oil is the primary flavor.

Reeks

BK nuggets are vile, no wonder it's damn cheap.

They had a different nuggets around 2011 or '12, which was a poor McDonald's clone. But it is better than the cheap crap they have today.

I don't know about the nuggets but the chicken fries are fucking bomb.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
you mean cold or partially frozen? because there's no way there's raw chicken in those once they leave the factory.

It was honestly some 14-15 years ago. I don't remember. But I haven't touched them since then. My dad had a similar issue around 20 years back while traveling for work.

Maybe things are different now?

This is madness! So its just the west coast that doesn't have hot mustard?

edit* looking online I show it discontinued as of 2012. You are living in a magic district that all Hot Mustard has been shipped to.

Got some the other week in Atlanta.

I hope no one is suggesting there's peanut oil in the breading at CFA. It's just what they cook it in.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
No way with the top pick. Wendys nuggets used to be good like a decade ago. Every time i eat Wendys nuggets i feel like Rock Biter from The Neverending Story. They have to inject those nuggets with air or something because they are so hollow. Before they were thick and juicy completely different to how they are now at least in my region.

What the hell is that sauce list? Who's going to chick fil a and dipping the nuggets in fucking ranch? I do agree that Wendy's spicy nuggets are great though. I wish chick fil a would roll out a spicy version, they'd dominate if so.

PrankT

Chick-fil-A is easily #1, McDonald's is #2 for me. The rest are all pretty bland and I'm surprised by the love of Wendy's.

I love Chik fil A nuggets but they're so small and kinda pricey. Otherwise McD have always been a favorite of mine.

Also not technically nuggets but Long John Silver chicken planks are awesome.

robotrock

Banned
Did you ever get anything else from them or did you figure they were the most overrated fast food joint after getting just nuggets from them?

Cause let me tell you about our lord and savior, the tray of chicken mini biscuits.

0hdnSDE.png

wow, do they still do this? how much $$?

Hazmat

Chick-fil-A is easily #1, McDonald's is #2 for me. The rest are all pretty bland and I'm surprised by the love of Wendy's.

I think Wendy's is scooping up all the people who just want spicy. It's the only explanation I can think of, because the quality of the meat is lowest-tier. Spongy Tyson grocery store junk.

Preacher

Wendy's Nuggets are awful.
MCDonald's Nuggets are good however. I'll never understand the hate
Like you'd have to be going out of your way to hate McDonald's

v1lla21

Mcd's is at least top 3 anyone who says bk is better because their nuggets are cheap is wrong. They taste nasty af. CFA is #1 imo best nuggets from a fast food place I've ever tasted.

CFA's sauce game got that msg or some shit. I get myself a shitload of sauce.

Kade

Chicken fries are the greatest scam in fast food history. Nearly double the price for less meat than nuggets and BK regularly does 10 nuggets for $1.79 while chicken fries prices never change.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
OG mcdonalds nuggets is top tier. Too bad they don't make it like that anymore. I think most nuggets are trash these days.

Lulubop

I think McD's is trash overall but they still have the best nuggest, free.Their new shit, new formula or whatever, even better.

celljean89

Neo Member
Best Chicken Nuggets (ish) in Fast food:

1) Wendy's
2) KFC Popcorn Nuggets
3) Chick Fil A

I hate McDonalds nuggets, that shit is over hype and an abomination. Burger King nuggets gets away because it's too cheap to hate as much.

But Mcdonald's Chicken Selects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcdonald's Nuggets. Also probably one of the best fast food chicken tenders.

I don't understand having spicy nuggets and regular nuggets from Wendy's tie for first. I like the spicy ones, but the regular ones aren't really anything special.

MGrant

Best nuggets I've ever had didn't even come from an American chain.

thumb_600.jpg

MOS Burger's nuggets are the king. They have a finer breading and much better taste. You can get them in Asia and Australia.

Close second, if they count, are Whataburger's Whatachick'n bites:

Chicken+Bites+in+Box+1.jpg

I know they're not super widespread, but Whataburger should have won the sauce contest hands down.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
McDonald's? List integrity in question. You can over microwave store brand frozen chicken nuggets, forget about them for 4 hours, and reheat and they still aren't as bad as mcfuckyou.

Durden77

Lolololololo are you fucking kidding me? Chik fil a is easily #1.

Mcnuggets are fucking garbage, I have no idea what people's deal with them are. I've hated them ever since I was a kid. And I'm a person that greatly enjoys some garbage fast food.

andthebeatgoeson

Wendy's Nuggets are only good when they're fresh.

Which for me, happens approximately 1% of the time.
This is why I'm low on it. It's been too long since i had a fresh meal at Wendy's. Maybe they've slowed down. But all my food from chick fil a is fresh, hot and seems to have just been made. Never get stale fries.

Never thought i would see people argue for chicken paste. You can actually get chicken chunks and you guys go back to the person who beats you.

jose1

While CFA's nuggets taste great, I never order them because they're not filling at all. They leave me just as hungry as I was before I ate. This makes eating CFA nuggets pointless to me. I might as well just skip the meal. 0/10

Mcnuggets taste great lately, especially after the switch to 100% white meat and simplified formula. They also fill me up, so that is a win in my book. McDonalds is now my go-to fast food place. They have really stepped it up, especially with their artisan grilled chicken sandwich.

Burger King's nuggets are horrible beyond belief. I have had better nuggets in cheap tv dinner plates. Burger King's food in general has really gone down the drain. Used to love having a whopper when I was in high school, but now they taste like plastic.

black_13

Banned
I'm a fan of Mcdonald's for certain things but their chicken mcnuggets are the worst tasting chicken from anywhere.

Still gotta try Popeyes but they just opened up close to me and the lineups have been insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom