• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best fast-food chicken nuggets in America, ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunk#7

CFA is #1 and it isn't even a contest

They are actually breaded pieces of real chicken made fresh.

The others on the list are frozen with chopped and formed nuggets. I don't want small pieces of chicken mashed together into the form of a nugget.

The two are not even comparable

see5harp

The only reason I ever eat McDonalds is that it's $5 for 20. They are better than Burger King though. Those shits are straight on par with the nuggets you'd get at a school lunch cafeteria.

Burger King's nuggets used to be incredible (easily my favorites) but I'm pretty sure they changed the recipe at some point, because I can't stand them now. It's so sad.

lenovox1

CFA is #1 and it isn't even a contest

They are actually breaded pieces of real chicken made fresh.

The others on the list are frozen with chopped and formed nuggets. I don't want small pieces of chicken mashed together into the form of a nugget.

The two are not even comparable

In the real world, it's the breading and the seasoning of that breading that makes the nugget, not the chicken.

The rank is valid, so shall be decreed.

aett

Maybe it's decades of being unlucky, but McNuggets are the most inconsistent food item I've ever had at a fast food place. Sometimes they've clearly been heat lamped for too long and they're all leathery, and sometimes even when they seem right out of the oil, they can taste a little off.

I mean, don't get me wrong, when they're good, they're good. Years before I got married, there was a McDonald's on my way home from work that got the nuggets right every time. It was very easy to make the worst choices for my body back then.

Volimar

A33G9nY.png

PxnyFOH.png

I always liked McDonald's nuggets.

LosDaddie

Banned
As a father of 2 young children I can safely tell you it's CFA nuggets, and then everyone else in a distant 2nd place.

There is no debate.

Does every know that a chicken nugget is different than a chicken strip?
A chicken nugget is shredded up chicken parts mashed together and fried. That's it. Nothing healthy or fancy about it. It's cheap fast food.
This list is pretty much on point.

weepy

When they're fresh, which is an admittedly rare occurrence, I do think McNuggets hold their own, as far as breaded chicken paste goes.

But they're not better than CFA. Get out of here with that.

Honestly this. Maybe it's nostalgia, but these nuggets scratch that trash food itch like no other.

This list can fuck off. Not only are McDonald's nuggets the best, their sweet and sour sauce is better than anything by a country mile.

Tigress

In the real world, it's the breading and the seasoning of that breading that makes the nugget, not the chicken.

The rank is valid, so shall be decreed.

Ugh. I'll take the chicken nugget that has real chicken and does not look like some sort of bread product with chicken flavoring inside with a decent batter over chicken like substance with good batter.

Chick Fil A wins by a mile.

I can agree with the list on the premise that better quality doesn't mean a better nuggie, even if chik fil a is objectively a better and higher quality piece of meat.

When I want chik fil a I'll get nuggets every time but when I want some fuckin nugs I get wendys or Mcdonalds.

Um, I don't see Raising Cane's...

1. Raising canes is only in like louisiana and texas.
2. Strips are not nuggets, they are strips

Figured Wendy's would top it. Everyone I knew in college fiended for the Wendy's nuggets over McD's every day of the week.

I am surprised to see Chicken Fries in the middle of the list. Every review I read of them said shit like 'dry,' 'all the seasoning is in the breading,' and 'boring.'

AP90

I mean Wendy's spicy nuggets are pretty tasty but not really top of the list tasty. McD's being at no 2 further clarifies that this list is actually a joke.

My thoughts. Haven't had CFA ones.

My go to list for fast food is Wendy's (I only go to BK when I want a fast food burger...grew up having whoppers 2x a month as kid in the summer after a sports game or something back when it was introduced for a $1... There is some sentimental aspects behind it 👍 )

Hazmat

Any list of chicken nuggets that has the nuggets from Chick-Fil-A under the ones from McDonalds and Wendy's is completely wrong. We all get down with some trash-tier fast food sometimes, but this list isn't about comfort food or cheapest or stuff you can get at 2 AM when you're wasted, it's about best.

mackattk

My thoughts. Haven't had CFA ones.

My go to list for fast food is Wendy's (I only go to BK when I want a fast food burger...grew up having whoppers 2x a month as kid in the summer after a sports game or something back when it was introduced for a $1... There is some sentimental aspects behind it 👍 )

That is the only thing that BK is good for... Use the coupon on the back of the receipt and get a whopper combo meal for like $3.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Considering I recently had McDonalds nuggets for the first time in years, found them to be pretty gross, and I got a case of the bubble guts afterwards I'm shocked to see them at number 2. Yes they were made fresh and crispy and I had them with sweet and sour sauce.

Paskil

I am assuming that this list is for nuggets and not tenders but I have to ask, why the fuck would you get nuggets at CFA when you could get tenders? Also,that asterisk about CFA sauce is super aggressive and triggered me
not really
. Shit should be number one.

MCDonald's Sweet and Sour sauce is the bomb, second only to the hot mustard that they discontinued.

Honey is terrible, and anyone who orders it ought to know that their opinions don't count for anything. That's the kind of trash that Republicans would put on their food.

HeySeuss

I can agree with the list on the premise that better quality doesn't mean a better nuggie, even if chik fil a is objectively a better and higher quality piece of meat.

When I want chik fil a I'll get nuggets every time but when I want some fuckin nugs I get wendys or Mcdonalds.

1. Raising canes is only in like louisiana and texas.
2. Strips are not nuggets, they are strips

Raising Canes is here in Ohio spreading it's mediocrity and overrated hype.

I don't have a huge issue with Wendy's as before I clicked this thread and figured that was the winner. They're pretty good, especially the spicy ones.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nuggets are such a 80s and 90s product. These days it's all about fingers.

56200bad21018.image.png

I'll be the first to admit they're overrated as hell, but the menu is simple, they're always fresh, and they're always quality. Definitely my go-to spot for fried chicken.

CFA's nuggets and their placement is a travesty that's well documented in this thread, but CFA Sauce not being in the top 10 sauces is just downright moronic and I won't stand for it.

Wendy's nuggets suck and Chick-fil-A is obviously 1.

I've never visited this blog but now I never will. What a bunch of frauds.

They don't like Chick-fil-A sauce either? Shut down this website. Fake news.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Chik-Fil-A has to be the most overrated fast food joint in the country.

I received a coupon in the mail back in November for a free order of nuggets. They were okay but more surprisingly they were a lot smaller than I expected. If I had paid for them I would have felt ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom