• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

Zones

FF16 in this SOP.
Ragnarok in Summer Game Fest showcase.
In-person, large-scale presentation from Sony later this year.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This list seems credible but it's fake because Capcom said they won't show Street Fighter 6 until summer. And Summer fighting game announcements and showcases are made in EVO. And well, Capcom has Pragmata and Exoprimal coming 2023 plus very likely SF6 will end being a 2023 so I think RE4 remake will be a 2024 game.
I think we'll see the next RE9 by 2024.
RE4 Remake needs to be shown this year with a holiday or early 2023 release

I'm guessing:
Stray in July (please let the leak be true).
God of war Ragnarok September.
Forspoken in october.
The big (only) shooter Modern Warfare 2 in october
Ff xvi in Nov for that big rpg time sink.
Hogwarts Legacy and Avatar for that october - early december timeframe.

These are fairly safe from a large delay so Sony should be showing some them off in the sop.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

only 2 days left
TeemingClosedBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
It will be shit. The main showcase will probably be in September like it was last year and I bet they just put out the absolute bare minimum to make sure Xbox/Nintendo do not get all the limelight.

Plus, sorry if I find it hard to get excited when it's still almost impossible to find a PS5 (or even Xbox Series X... even in fucking Japan) at RRP.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
It will be shit. The main showcase will probably be in September like it was last year and I bet they just put out the absolute bare minimum to make sure Xbox/Nintendo do not get all the limelight.

Plus, sorry if I find it hard to get excited when it's still almost impossible to find a PS5 (or even Xbox Series X... even in fucking Japan) at RRP.

Nah.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just realized these stupid fucks chose to stream at midnight local time.

Midnight! Once again zero consideration for the EU gamers. Ridiculous. They really couldn't stream this two or three hours earlier? What the fuck.

Haggard

Banned

Midnight! Once again zero consideration for the EU gamers. Ridiculous. They really couldn't stream this two or three hours earlier? What the fuck.
Why does this matter? It´s just a stream and usually watching it later in proper 4k and the magnificent option to skip the ~80% uninteresting nonsense is preferrable anyways :messenger_grinning_sweat:

every state of play they have done has been at 10pm uk time. dont know why this one is later. still better than those 2am E3 conferences though.

GHound

Gold Member
Why does this matter? It´s just a stream and usually watching it later in proper 4k and the magnificent option to skip the ~80% uninteresting nonsense is preferrable anyways :messenger_grinning_sweat:
With these 30 minute videos that leaves just enough time for one whole trailer.

supernova8

Banned

It's all relative, I'm in Japan so this works out to 7am for me. I work from home and I don't start work until a few hours later so this is actually perfect for me. Nice change from these things being at 3am or something.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Why cant you be up at midnight? Does your mom have a 9 PM curfew?

I thought everyone here was an adult. I really dont see why you cant stay up past midnight. I cant even fall asleep until 2AM and I have to get up for work at 8 everyday.

That Summer Game Fest logo up there on an official Playstation tweet video 👀 Sony's "E3" will be at SGF?
This is Sonys E3.

Last edited:
This is Sonys E3.
Hopefully not, for the past 2 years they had their PlayStation Showcase even in September. That is a lot more comparable to what E3 used to be for Sony just pushed back a few months.

State of Play events that are not focused on a single game are usually very underwhelming, you have been warned.

Last edited:

yurinka

That Summer Game Fest logo up there on an official Playstation tweet video 👀 Sony's "E3" will be at SGF?
Nah, set your expectations very low.

Summer Doritos Fest events included a good amount shovelware and stuff like Guilllete ads, Facebook diversity PR videos and Asian mobile F2P games in the past. A weak SoP almost felt is gourmet stuff compared to that.

But no, this isn't "Sony's E3" conference. It's only a State of Play focused on 3rd party and PSVR2 games. Which pretty likely means we'll see there 3rd party games coming to at least PS for the next 9 months or so, most of them already known, PSVR2 games we already known like Horizon CoM, maybe some already known PS5 game getting a VR mode and a few 3rd party and PSVR2 games getting announced. Maybe a couple of big AAA games that can be even multi and maybe 2 or 3 mid/low tier 3rd party games for PS5 or VR.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hopefully not, for the past 2 years they had their PlayStation Showcase even in September. That is a lot more comparable to what E3 used to be for Sony just pushed back a few months.

State of Play events that are not focused on a single game are usually very underwhelming, you have been warned.
well yeah. I dont think a showcase that is set a month after gamescom would be considered Sonys E3. I am just saying that this is Sonys E3 Summer game fest entry. There is nothing else until September if that is even on this year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Why cant you be up at midnight? Does your mom have a 9 PM curfew?

I thought everyone here was an adult. I really dont see why you cant stay up past midnight. I cant even fall asleep until 2AM and I have to get up for work at 8 everyday.

This is Sonys E3.
Sony has never called their major showcase a State of Play.

I know you know this....

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

That's more of what I'm expecting.

God of War at SGF. Small games and Stray at SOP, and PSVR2. Future games for 2023 in September.

SilentUser

Nah, set your expectations very low.

Summer Doritos Fest events included a good amount shovelware and stuff like Guilllete ads, Facebook diversity PR videos and Asian mobile F2P games in the past. A weak SoP almost felt is gourmet stuff compared to that.

But no, this isn't "Sony's E3" conference. It's only a State of Play focused on 3rd party and PSVR2 games. Which pretty likely means we'll see there 3rd party games coming to at least PS for the next 9 months or so, most of them already known, PSVR2 games we already known like Horizon CoM, maybe some already known PS5 game getting a VR mode and a few 3rd party and PSVR2 games getting announced. Maybe a couple of big AAA games that can be even multi and maybe 2 or 3 mid/low tier 3rd party games for PS5 or VR.
Yeah, I know SoP won't be Sony E3, I meant SGF would be used by Sony to fill the void of a proper E3. Sadly those outstanding days of Sony's E3 are long gone now, nothing will ever reach that level of hype again :messenger_loudly_crying: But hopefully they will announce God of War release date and perhaps PSVR2 release date and price too (at SGF). Not expecting anything else there or any other Sony event until the supposed September showcase (which could be for the PSVR2 and I would love that!).

TastyPastry

no half life alyx on the leaked list makes me sad. it would be such an obvious thing to do and easy way for sony to get a 10/10 game as a launch title for psvr2.

YukiOnna

Nah. Geoff said that he has no control over MS or Sony's shows, he mainly collaborates to bring them under one banner and have a Summer event.
He wouldn't really talk about who is showing what where, but all 30 partners they revealed recently would be present at the SGF Showcase at least, so it could be split if SoP is only doing third party for non VR titles. Whos knows.

CamHostage

This is interesting, i think the State of play would be independent. 🤔
Yeah why aren't they making it independent?

It's a logo.

Keighley is really savvy at marketing himself, but aside from maybe before/after shows (maybe doing the intro, as an advertisement for his own show), the show simul-streaming on SGF services as well as PlayStation, maybe some live-tweeting, I don't think there's anything particularly involved or connected with SGF.

Also, this is just a guess, but it would make sense that maybe there'll be a multiplayer game unveiled at State of Play (not necessarily a Sony game; in fact, according to the rundown, unlikely a Sony game unless it's a VR project they're publishing,) and that'll be a trailer, but then they'll do one of those promos of, "Hope you liked it! For a first look at a full round of gameplay, tune in to the Summer Games Fest kick-off on June 9." So it is possible that SGF will get a major event, but more as a tagalong, not that SGF will actually drop bombs of AAA Sony titles that won't bet at State of Play.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's a logo.

Keighley is really savvy at marketing himself, but aside from maybe before/after shows (maybe doing the intro, as an advertisement for his own show), the show simul-streaming on SGF services as well as PlayStation, maybe some live-tweeting, I don't think there's anything particularly involved or connected with SGF.

Also, this is just a guess, but it would make sense that maybe there'll be a multiplayer game unveiled at State of Play (not necessarily a Sony game; in fact, according to the rundown, unlikely a Sony game unless it's a VR project they're publishing,) and that'll be a trailer, but then they'll do one of those promos of, "Hope you liked it! For a first look at a full round of gameplay, tune in to the Summer Games Fest kick-off on June 9."

The bolded explains what it more than likely means. Which to me is actually very important and huge for Keighley!

Top Bottom