• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The bolded explains what it more than likely means. Which to me is actually very important and huge for Keighley!

Keighley's proven himself a reliable partner over the last few years to both Sony and MS, mainly I suspect because as an independent all he cares about is getting eyeballs on his shows and the product hosted there. E3 I suspect had become a bit of liability because of the way the ESA really has changed and grown over the years

saintjules

GP5UTk2.jpg

Romulus

I'm calling Alyx tomorrow, but HL2 is something that needs to he played in VR. It's incredible outside of a few sections.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
  • Horizon CotM is already confirmed. That's 50% of what I wanted to see.
  • Avatar's gameplay, captured on the PS5, is the rest of the 50%. I'm confident we'll get that as well. If yes, then the show is already 10/10 for me.
  • If they announce a PS VR 2 version of Avatar, then I'll be over the moon.
It seems like this will be a great show for PS VR 2 fans.

supernova8

Banned
  • Horizon CotM is already confirmed. That's 50% of what I wanted to see.
  • Avatar's gameplay, captured on the PS5, is the rest of the 50%. I'm confident we'll get that as well. If yes, then the show is already 10/10 for me.
  • If they announce a PS VR 2 version of Avatar, then I'll be over the moon.
It seems like this will be a great show for PS VR 2 fans.

More like CotB (cum on the boobs) amirite guys

slow motion breast GIF

Rien

Jelly Belly
Why cant you be up at midnight? Does your mom have a 9 PM curfew?

I thought everyone here was an adult. I really dont see why you cant stay up past midnight. I cant even fall asleep until 2AM and I have to get up for work at 8 everyday.
At 8? That’s children time man. Real adult get up for work at 04:30-06:00. 8 o’clock pff.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does anyone have one of those timer clocks that shows you exactly how long is left before the show ?

VN1X

Banned
If it was a showcase, they'd call it that. However, it is only a State of Play. Usually there is no big news at State of Plays. So it is better if you lower your expectations.

Fair enough.

But saying that... are they not doing any 'bigger' digital events this year then to fill the void left by E3? Or should we expect most of that stuff during Geoff Keighley's Summer of Gaming event (or whatever that's called)?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Fair enough.

But saying that... are they not doing any 'bigger' digital events this year then to fill the void left by E3? Or should we expect most of that stuff during Geoff Keighley's Summer of Gaming event (or whatever that's called)?
Today is Stray, small stuff, PSVR2.
Summer Ad Fest is probably just a God of War trailer and release date.
September is probably a larger showing with 2023-2025 games.

FFXVI is kind of the wild card. Who knows.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Fair enough.

Their last 2 PlayStation Showcases were in September 2020 and September 2021.

September 2022 is soon enough.

Kupfer

It's an hour later than usual isn't it?
Can't stay awake till midnight+, I have to work the next day :mad:

SoraNoKuni

I get a sense that we'll get a big teaser/announcement, it's right before the big MS conference as well.
But usually my predictions are way off and I am just hugely disapointed.

My sources that had access to the presentation are all confirming that in it Jim Ryan will personally apologize to every PlayStation fan for his grave mistake,

of taking way too long to announce Knack 3.

Last edited:

Elios83

30 min is short. Really low expectations, but I'm interested to see PSVR2 games.
If you think about it the last showcase was 40 minutes.
It's more about the quality and scope of the titles than the length of the event.
30 minutes at an average of 2 minutes per trailer is about 15 games.

But I also think that it's not wise to expect much, I think they will have an update about games coming out this summer so Stray, maybe The Quarry and a good bunch of PSVR2 games.
First party won't be there. FFXVI might be the wild card that could make the event really worth it.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
I work from home now. No need to get up early for work anymore. Sometimes i snooze till 845 lol

Thank you covid!

Aaaah, like my tag already explains.. I am just a jelly belly hahah. I wish I could get up on 8 each morning..

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Expecting 27 minutes of mediocrity + 3 minutes of last moment surprise that will justify the whole thing.

I hope that is FF XVI. Knowing who is directing the combat I'm eager to see and know more from the game.

PSVR2 stuff might be interesting too, specially for me if it includes some multiplatform things. Why are people so angry with VR? It's cool.

Last edited:

Belthazar

Might be a bit delusional from my part, but I expect something from FF XVI + an announcement of a bigger showcase (which will be the show including first party games) at the end.

The rest will probably be ok.

Belthazar

Expecting 27 minutes of mediocrity + 3 minutes of last moment surprise that will justify the whole thing.

I hope that is FF XVI. Knowing who is directing the combat I'm eager to see and know more from the game.

PSVR2 stuff might be interesting too, specially for me if it includes some multiplatform things. Why are people so angry with VR? It's cool.

And from their wording I honestly think the VR2 stuff will be a quick 5 minutes reel of what's to come, with a dedicated SoP closer to launch. Some people here sem to think it'll be 25 minutes of PSVR2 and 5 of indies.

Top Bottom