• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison (Next-Gen Update), VGTech

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How many times have I mention NX Gamer's stats and you keep bringing up VG stat sheet?
This is a VG Tech thread. The stat sheet link is in the OP. Why would you bring up NX Gamer?
His claim is that we don't notice frame-rate drops without DF telling us.
Not true. I said nobody would know the differences between the games unless sites told us by doing stat sheets and two screens beside each other, since nobody is going to play two games at the same time and notice 16 or 29 out of sync frames out of 27000 as a big variance. Youd need 4 eyeballs like a hawk trying to isolate those 13 frames difference. Only reason we know is because VG Tech does the comparison and dumps the data into a spreadsheet.

Just to show human vision isn't great, you're talking about NX Gamer, while this is a VG Tech thread.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is a VG Tech thread. The stat sheet link is in the OP. Why would you bring up NX Gamer?
Because I told you that the game drops larger in other areas. Being a VG Tech thread doesn't negate that.
Not true. I said nobody would know the differences between the games unless sites told us by doing stat sheets and two screens beside each other, since nobody is going to play two games at the same time and notice 13 or 29 out of sync frames out of 27000 as a big variance. Youd need 4 eyesballs like a hawk trying to isolate that. Only reason we know is because VG Tech does the comparison and dumps the data into a spreadsheet.
No, you said these sites after I mentioned DF, NX Gamer and VG Tech. You weren't just talking about VG Tech.

longdi

Banned
I'm sure you're joking but I'll bite. Any game that has been optimized for the PS5 SSD loads in a second or less. Dying in Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Miles Morales, FF7 Intergrade, Spider Man Remastered ..... I know you're not using poorly optimized multiplatform games as a basis for anything right?

To the other people the consoles are really too close to call it stop bitching and enjoy the generation it should be good for everyone.

I have Death Stranding from Epic store on my PC SSD, it also reloads in a second.

I have Death Stranding from Epic store on my PC SSD, it also reloads in a second.

Well Miles loads in under 2 seconds on the PS5 while the BC version on the same console takes a lot longer.

So it isn't BS.

Also Digital Foundry had similar findings with NiOh.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because I told you that the game drops larger in other areas. Being a VG Tech thread doesn't negate that.

No, you said these sites after I mentioned DF, NX Gamer and VG Tech. You weren't just talking about VG Tech.
At the end of the day, this is a VG Tech thread with their linked spreadsheet. So don't muddy the waters.

PS5 won the frame rate war with only 16 bad frames out of 21700, while Xbox had 29 bad frames out of the same amount.

If you want to keep complaining despite winning the console fight by 13 better frames, go ahead.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
zBhrazL.jpg

DF found the same drops on PS5.

Those are engine-related asset streaming stutters (frametime spikes). Happens on Series X|S too:

lWv9ovx.png

xhGzPJ6.png

This is actual GPU-related drops, fixed in the native app:

fE5FFPX.png

The length of the drops is the biggest difference. Im talking about GPU related drops in comparison to the streaming related ones.

Does for me, I also run everything at 120hz to half the frametimes, makes a huge difference.
Sorry why give Empathy emote to my perfectly factual post saying once PS5 gets VRR it will be even smoother. It is true since there are fewer frame time spikes to begin with to smooth out, so PS5+VRR>XSX+VRR.

Do you deny that fact? If you do then, would you agree that you are holding onto a temporary feature availability for console warring purposes?

Riky

$MSFT
Sorry why give Empathy emote to my perfectly factual post saying once PS5 gets VRR it will be even smoother. It is true since there are fewer frame time spikes to begin with to smooth out, so PS5+VRR>XSX+VRR.

Do you deny that fact? If you do then, would you agree that you are holding onto a temporary feature availability for console warring purposes?

It's totally smooth on my TV already, so when PS5 eventually gets VRR and I have one connected to the same TV I would just get the same experience at a lower resolution.

assurdum

Banned
It's totally smooth on my TV already, so when PS5 eventually gets VRR and I have one connected to the same TV I would just get the same experience at a lower resolution.
You never called lower resolution the other games on series X with DRS and minimum resolution lower of the ps5. Just why? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
Mod of War Mod of War I think he really just did agree that he is using VRR feature availability for console warring purposes, and then to top it off he'd go ahead and describe how in a feature parity situation PS5 will still be inferior. Don't know how he could be exposed more as a console warring guy but if I'm wrong feel free to warn/ban me instead. Also doing this here in plain sight cause I don't have a report button.

Mod of War Mod of War I think he really just did agree that he is using VRR feature availability for console warring purposes, and then to top it off he'd go ahead and describe how in a feature parity situation PS5 will still be inferior. Don't know how he could be exposed more as a console warring guy but if I'm wrong feel free to warn/ban me instead. Also doing this here in plain sight cause I don't have a report button.
What? What he wrote is exactly right, with both consoles having VRR the framerate experience would be the same, PS5 would just have a slightly lower resolution. In what world is this console warring?

You never called lower resolution the other games on series X with DRS and minimum resolution lower of the ps5. Just why? :pie_thinking:
What games are you talking about? I remember Ass Creed and an early version of Dirt 5 had higher resolution on PS5 under specific circumstances. Both games were basically day 1 quick ports, very early days of the new Xbox GDK. Are there any more recent examples?

Riky

$MSFT

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said my experience with the game is already totally smooth, so it couldn't actually get any smoother. You are trying to claim for some bizarre reason that PS5 VRR can be "smoother" I don't think you understand how VRR works. It works on my set from 48-120hz so as long as it's in that range I wouldn't see any difference.

assurdum

Banned
What games are you talking about? I remember Ass Creed and an early version of Dirt 5 had higher resolution on PS5 under specific circumstances. Both games were basically day 1 quick ports, very early days of the new Xbox GDK. Are there any more recent examples?
I'm talking about the fact when game uses lower DRS on series X was never considered as inferior resolution. But now which happens the contrary .... ah I see when was on series X it was "under specific circumstances". But on ps5 they are constantly lower resolution when DRS is applied :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
He does this all the time. Trying to bait people. He is just a troll.

I'm talking about the fact when game uses lower DRS on series X was never considered as inferior resolution. But now which happens the contrary .... ah I see when was on series X it was under specific circumstances. Now on ps5 they are constantly lower resolution when DRS is applied :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well I'm asking which games you mean because since the console release and very early GDK days I can't remember any games being lower resolution on XSX. I'm genuinely curious which games you mean.

assurdum

Banned
Well I'm asking which games you mean because since the console release and very early GDK days I can't remember any games being lower resolution on XSX. I'm genuinely curious which games you mean.
Very early GDK. So now Dirt, AC and Tony Hawk runs higher res?

dcmk7

Banned
Soulzborne started this weak ass ban baiting, and now Apollo and you are doing the same. Mod of War won't fall for such blatant bullshit. Riky did nothing wrong aside from praising VRR and fulfilling his tag destiny :messenger_beaming:
Who knows.

It's tedious and transparent.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What? What he wrote is exactly right, with both consoles having VRR the framerate experience would be the same, PS5 would just have a slightly lower resolution. In what world is this console warring?
A world where one gamer says "totally smooth" for a game with 29 out of sync frames out of 27000 with VRR, but another gamer using VG's spreadsheet saying 29 bad frames means it's not totally smooth.

assurdum

Banned
It's obviously a little campaign they have between them, very sad.
Oh poor buddy; he never did nothing of wrong. He just can't avoid to leave the lol emoticon without any comments to everyone with different opinions, even when they deliberately left him on ignore list, but he did it with innocence. So innocent and honest. How people can hate him? He never liked console war, a pure deep soul with always interesting and solid argument. He never provocate. Never.
Oh you change the emoticon? I swear it was a lol, but why? What a candid soul.

Last edited:
It's obviously a little campaign they have between them, very sad.
campaign? Dude, I literally returned very recently after months of absence, I dunno who you are even and you group me into 'them'? I just looked at this thread alone for a few pages and the only thing I saw was VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR and VRR by you, sorry for exaggerating a little but not a lot LOL And it was clear as day for me how you use this feature for console warring purposes for your favourite brand of plastic, and wanted to remind you that PS5 will be getting the exact same feature and when they do, this game which has much less frame time spikes and no dropped frames on PS5 will be even smoother with VRR and that is a fact. Then you went ahead with 'yeah but' and this time clung to lower resolution with a moved goalpost to do the same console warring for your favourite brand of plastic.... I mean thread history speaks volumes for itself.

so if you ignore Control, and Metro, the Xbox has no advantage in RT.

let's just ignore the 2 most demanding RT using games... great argument!
how handy to just ignore 2 games where the SX can show an advantage of up to 20%, sometimes even higher

LOL. Where XSX in Control has better RT performance during gameplay? Where XSX in Metro has better RT performance during gameplay? Simple answer - you won't find any.

EDIT : Oh, yes, Xbox fans counts photomode, right. :/ Are you, Xbox fans, played Control just to use photomode?

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
campaign? Dude, I literally returned very recently after months of absence, I dunno who you are even and you group me into 'them'? I just looked at this thread alone for a few pages and the only thing I saw was VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR VRR and VRR by you, sorry for exaggerating a little but not a lot LOL And it was clear as day for me how you use this feature for console warring purposes for your favourite brand of plastic, and wanted to remind you that PS5 will be getting the exact same feature and when they do, this game which has much less frame time spikes and no dropped frames on PS5 will be even smoother with VRR and that is a fact. Then you went ahead with 'yeah but' and this time clung to lower resolution with a moved goalpost to do the same console warring for your favourite brand of plastic.... I mean thread history speaks volumes for itself.

When your talking about framerates then VRR becomes an important topic, it's not my fault every console doesn't support it, I'd direct your obvious frustration at console manufacturers not me. Also don't lie about no dropped frames.
HSwKQqh.jpg

If you're going to start throwing accusations around at least get your facts right first, they both drop frames.

Tygeezy

Ps5 will hopefully allow us to run every game at 120 hz with vrr which will specifically reduce the input lag significantly. Right now all 60 FPS games are at 60 hz which adds more input lag due to tv having slower response at 60 vs 120, but also vsync related input lag.

60 FPS at 60 hz will not improve the latency with vrr. It needs to be 60 FPS at 120 hz. You actually have to be a few frames below the refresh ceiling to remove vsync related latency even with vrr. For 120 FPS games the ideal frame rate with vrr is actually below 118 or below (depending on how accurate the capper) is remove vsync lag penalty.

Last edited:
When your talking about framerates then VRR becomes an important topic, it's not my fault every console doesn't support it, I'd direct your obvious frustration at console manufacturers not me. Also don't lie about no dropped frames.

Looks like VRR isn't important topic for DF, VGTech, NXG because they are analyzing games to expose framerate advantages and flaws to the audience and show the true state of the game

Last edited:

Exanthus

Banned
Oh poor buddy; he never did nothing of wrong. He just can't avoid to leave the lol emoticon without any comments to everyone with different opinions, even when they deliberately left him on ignore list, but he did it with innocence. So innocent and honest. How people can hate him? He never liked console war, a pure deep soul with always interesting and solid argument. He never provocate. Never.
Oh you change the emoticon? I swear it was a lol, but why? What a candid soul.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
At the end of the day, this is a VG Tech thread with their linked spreadsheet. So don't muddy the waters.

PS5 won the frame rate war with only 16 bad frames out of 21700, while Xbox had 29 bad frames out of the same amount.

If you want to keep complaining despite winning the console fight by 13 better frames, go ahead.
No, you just didn't want anyone to bring it up. lol

Banned
LOL. Where XSX in Control has better RT performance during gameplay? Where XSX in Metro has better RT performance during gameplay? Simple answer - you won't find any.

EDIT : Oh, yes, Xbox fans counts photomode, right. :/ Are you, Xbox fans, played Control just to use photomode?

"xbox fans", no people with working brains that aren't lubing up their plastic boxes each night to sexually molest the poor things
intellectually dishonest bullshit, like expected by a fanboy (we know what fanboy really means)

first off, Metro has on average about 10%-20% higher resolution in similar scenes on XSX compared to PS5
second of all, yes Control in photo mode is a valid benchmark. the framerate is unlocked and shows how fast the game COULD run if the developers simply gave us the option to unlock the framerate... which they don't, and I think people should always criticize developers for that. Options are always better. (especially since the SX version would be highly playable unlocked in that mode, especially with VRR, it hangs above 48fps in most scnearios after all)
and if you compare exactly the same scenes on SX and on PS5, the XS runs the game at up to 20% faster, on average I think it was 17% or something.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No, you just didn't want anyone to bring it up. lol
The first post I did in this thread brought up the frames difference where PS5 had 16 bad frames out of 27000, and Series X had 29. So stop lying. From the beginning I posted what the VG Tech spreadsheet said where PS5 edged out Series X with 13 better frames out of 27000 tracked.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison (Next-Gen Update), VGTech | NeoGAF

So relax Dforce. You won the frame rate war with 13 better frames. Yet you are still going on.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The first post I did in this thread brought up the frames difference where PS5 had 16 bad frames out of 27000, and Series X had 29. So stop lying. From the beginning I posted what the VG Tech spreadsheet said where PS5 edged out Series X with 13 better frames out of 27000 tracked.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison (Next-Gen Update), VGTech | NeoGAF

So relax Dforce. You won the frame rate war with 13 better frames. Yet you are still going on.

No true.

Series X wins.

In the Stats page, it shows PS5 with 16 frames out of 21700 that arent 60 fps, and Series X is 29 frames out 21700.

Have fun playing the game and trying to figure out the 13 frames advantage which arent running at 60 fps.

I'll take a res bump as it'll apply more holistically across the game than 13 frames out of 21700 that run at higher frames. It's not 13000, 1300 or even 130. It's 13.
And no one here would know frame drops without these sites doing it either. But given the information, Series X wins.

It's OK Dforce. It's just a reverse of PS4/Xbox One days when PS4 had more resolution wins. Since PS4 Pro/One X days (and now), Xbox systems win the res game almost all the time.

I'm sure you were a resolution supporter back in the day. So you cant do a 180 now when it doesn't support your console.

You were too busy boasting without realizing what you were actually saying.

You told others to have fun figuring out the frame-drops. I then told you that NX Gamer showed large frame-drops that are noticeable. You tried to excuse it by saying no one will notice it unless these sites pointed it out.

Don't say, "these sites" and then complain when others point out different sites (or YT videos) other than VG Tech. Your own words are your own fault. You better off admitting that you did mention other sites.

Top Bottom