• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reassures investors that Spider-Man 2 is hitting this fiscal year

Pelta88

FD2-E3-CA8-B9-C7-473-D-9967-154-B0-E9-D2-C05.jpg

c1cf34caee3bc0c1c3b8559c76313fd2.gif

They're just being coy. They must have so many unannounced titles with all the recent releases now being out, and all the projects being prepared from all the studios they've acquired the last few years. No one should be concerned with their pipeline, I am sure it is stellar. We just don't know about it yet. Spider-Man 2 is likely just the tip of the iceberg.

feynoob

Banned
New PC content? Maybe bloodborne?
I will love either of those options. I want to play infamous remake on PC, if they make a remake.

Arun1910

So hyped for Spider-Man 2.

I loved the first game, story and open world were fun to explore, side quests were good.

My only 2 gripes were the repetitive random events and the combat system being quite simple and I'm sure both of these things will be addressed.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think even the VA for Miles (or Venom) even slipped up that September was the target, which I believe is when SM1 released.
Yes. And Yuri (Peter Parker) confirmed that he has already wrapped up the voice acting and mo-cap for the game.

So Insomniac is likely in the polishing and optimizing phase, like Final Fantasy has been for the last few months.

Koppelthorn

Banned
I dont have a ps5 but I am really looking to see if next gen graphics are finally arriving
DS2 and whatever BluePoint is going to push out ought to have the best graphics so far, but we'll see. SONY has a whole line of goodies for us; now they're just keeping us waiting with the showcase announcement date...

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ohh cool Spider-Man 2 releasing this year......thats their killer title for this year, considering their wording is "a" major title..............wait a minute.

X1DDgI4.png

WeBw33O.png

What titles are left Rift Apart and Forbidden West right?
Which one do you suppose Nixxes is working on?

Schmendrick

Their fiscal year ends in March right,?

Why didn’t they say this calendar year?
bc investors don`t think in calendar years and you get the positive side effect that no one can badmouth you if it releases until march 2024 and not actually in 2023.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Ohh cool Spider-Man 2 releasing this year......thats their killer title for this year, considering their wording is "a" major title..............wait a minute.

X1DDgI4.png

WeBw33O.png

Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2.

K' Dash

If everything goes as planned, I’m going to spend Christmas at my newly built home, with my 30 month old (by that time) playing Spider-Man 2.

Happy Rainbow GIF by TJ Fuller

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2.
Worried about TLoU2 so that can chill.
But Ghost would be a nice addition.

So left to go:
  • Demons Souls
  • Rift Apart
  • Forbidden West
  • Ghost
  • TLoU2
  • Bloodbourne - By Bluepoint.

X1DDgI4.png

WeBw33O.png

Maybe Ragnarok?

Top Bottom