• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Set Photos from Australia Show Natalie Portman's Jacked Look for Thor: Love and Thunder

It wasn't worth it apparently. She's fit, but she's still built like a twig and a dogshit actress.

oJhQ5kT.gif

Dacon

Banned
I can’t wait to hear all the bitching about Thor being a chick despite the hammer allowing a fucking horse and frog to wield the damn thing.

None of that shit is in the movies dude so I doubt normies will be into it enough to know about all that.

Oh it's pretty much one of the things that kicked off ComicsGate.

Lmfao no it fucking isn't. Jesus.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh no, a woman in a sci-fi movie isnt ripped, how will my brain cope?

Christ. You could say she ate planets and farted unicorns and it wouldnt matter

It's sci-fi for fucks sake.

And? Why is Portman bothering doing any training then? Why did Christian Bale drop to 120 pounds for his role in The Machinist? Why is Emily Blunt jacked in Edge of Tomorrow? It's just sci-fi.

They're actors, they (should) put effort into their appearances for their roles. Wonder Woman was a fine movie starring a laughably bad actress who doesn't really fit the "Amazonian warrior" bill. Might have been elevated if they'd have gone with somebody else who does. No, I'm not about to suggest Gina Carano.

Dr.Morris79

And? Why is Portman bothering doing any training then? Why did Christian Bale drop to 120 pounds for his role in The Machinist? Why is Emily Blunt jacked in Edge of Tomorrow? It's just sci-fi.

They're actors, they (should) put effort into their appearances for their roles. Wonder Woman was a fine movie starring a laughably bad actress who doesn't really fit the "Amazonian warrior" bill. Might have been elevated if they'd have gone with somebody else who does. No, I'm not about to suggest Gina Carano.
Damn. Now you've got a point. I could spend this reply arguing your point but you're right, and i'm sort of right

So, i'm just going to say we need to keep Gal, because shes hot

I'm a simple man. Dont judge me.

• Empathy
Reactions: AV

Gal Gadot said in an interview that she needed to drop 10lbs to play the role of Wonder Woman and she was already very thin. In these superhero movies it’s not the actors choice to look how they want, the studio says “this is what you need to look like”.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Gal Gadot said in an interview that she needed to drop 10lbs to play the role of Wonder Woman and she was already very thin. In these superhero movies it’s not the actors choice to look how they want, the studio says “this is what you need to look like”.

That's why I said they (the studio) should have gone with someone else, obviously Gadot didn't walk into the office and declare herself Wonder Woman - they should also have asked the actress in question to look the part for the role.

Ehh, at this point it doesn't really matter, they seem to have already fucked up on the sequel anyway from what I've seen.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Jessica Biel has always looked a little buff though. Pretty sure she has been into fitness for a long time.

TrainedRage

Banned
Lots of beytas on here mad a woman has bigger muscles than them lol. I would smash in a second. Or let her smash me. What ever...

Madflavor

Fill me in. Wasn't Female Thor a very unpopular run? Where nobody liked or asked for FemThor, and Thor was portrayed as a pathetic cuck?

Dacon

Banned
Fill me in. Wasn't Female Thor a very unpopular run? Where nobody liked or asked for FemThor, and Thor was portrayed as a pathetic cuck?
Depends on who you ask.

Sales for Jane Thor were worse than old Thor books, but that was the case for most of Marvel, and comics on the whole.

Personally I hated it, the reason for Thor becoming unworthy was stupid. Treating Thor's name as a title was fucking moronic, and the run had way too many stupid cringe worthy moments.

j16Wj2M.jpg

This shit was so stupidly out of character for Titania, someone who has brawled with female heroes like She-Hulk for years it made me just walk away.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I remember when Portman thought she was too good to continue being in the Marvel franchise, and now she is auditioning for Abbey in the TLOU2. I am sure she will be a great female Thor or whatever her character is.

Madflavor

Depends on who you ask.

Sales for Jane Thor were worse than old Thor books, but that was the case for most of Marvel, and comics on the whole.

Personally I hated it, the reason for Thor becoming unworthy was stupid. Treating Thor's name as a title was fucking moronic, and the run had way too many stupid cringe worthy moments.

j16Wj2M.jpg

Whaaaaat....?

The fuck kind of writing is that?

mortal

Gold Member
Depends on who you ask.

j16Wj2M.jpg

This shit was so stupidly out of character for Titania, someone who has brawled with female heroes like She-Hulk for years it made me just walk away.
Girl power pass? Fucking cringe lol

Top Bottom