• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Marvel Spiderman 2 and Wolverine State Of Play

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

midnightAI

Wolverine? I doubt it, last time we saw that it was CG because it was very early in development. I suppose they could have a vertical slice done by now as it is Insomniac who are very efficient, but I don't see this releasing before 2024 so way too early for a state of play in my opinion.

Wolverine would be very interesting. How are they gonna face violence in such a game. Spiderman2 would be badass if it had co-op. Even if its a lazy optional mode.

bender

What time is it?
They wouldn't feature both in one State of Play but featuring one and another tease of the other? Sure.

Not one, but two insomniac games? I'm in. Theres rumours for a lot of shit to be shown mid October so it's probably gonna be a meaty state of play.

Last edited:
If they show spider-man and wolverine at the same time its not a state of play, its a showcase.

I could see wolverine getting an in-game cinematic trailer like spider-man 2 got last year with 2024 label

Sony has many things to show and I can't wait.....my Playstation is sitting behind the tv untouched for the last 2 months. I will play GoW but what after that, show it to me make me hyped i hate the secretive relationships.

Last edited:

SSfox

Ewww... Boring.

Welp, fortunately there's gonna be Gameawards a bit after, i'm sure Geoff won't disappoint.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that Wolverine will utilize a lot of the assets and engine from Spider-Man 2 and that by making the games at the same time, they can cut down on cost and time.

While Wolverine might not come out next year, they can still be pretty far along with it.

Edit: That's how they were able to create Rift Apart and Miles Morales so quickly. They aren't miracle workers, they're just re-utilizing existing tech in a really cost efficient way.

Note, that the success of Spider-Man and Miles Morales will probably let them scale up their studio significantly faster. They currently have 10% growth in the last 6 months, which is really good given the economy, and their average tenure is 3.3 years, which is also pretty decent.

Last edited:
Sony - just have a fucking showcase.

Helldivers 2
Twisted Metal
Silent Hill
Death Stranding 2
Horizon 2 DLC
Spider-Man 2
3rd party marketing deal games
PC ports
PSVR2
PS+ Premium Redemption
Indie Gems
They could potentially have one of the best shows in recent years but you’ll get all that on multiple blog posts and that’s it lol

midnightAI

I'm guessing that Wolverine will utilize a lot of the assets and engine from Spider-Man 2 and that by making the games at the same time, they can cut down on cost and time.

While Wolverine might not come out next year, they can still be pretty far along with it.
They'll definitely be using a variation of their engine, but what assets could they really share?

fermcr

Another day... another state of play rumor.
Why do people feel the need to spam new threads every time there is another state of play rumor?

A Neogaf mod should create a single thread and every state of play rumor should be there.

ANIMAL1975

These games deserve to be shown and hyped in a live Playstation event, but what do i know...

Last edited:

midnightAI

NPCs, enemy models, street signs, lamp posts e.t.c.
Wolverine (at least in part) seems to be set in Madripoor, not in New York City so why would it have the same street signs etc. and I seriously doubt they'd use the same NPC's also (clothing wouldn't look right). I honestly cant see them reusing any assets at all.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So...its September.....then definitely October.....and now it's November with wolverine.......

...wow
Nah I remember being told it was June then July then finally August.

At least now they are being realistic and realizing that only Spiderman and Wolverine are in a state that can be shown. Glad to see even rumors dismiss the nonsense WE HAVE 25 NEW GAMES in DEV talk from Sony studios.

Top Bottom