• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help deciding- Spiderman 2 or MW3 PS5 console.

0racle

I am looking to buy a PS5 and can't decide which game to choose with it.

Mw3 ( yes I know I have seen the reviews and negativity ) but I am not an avid COD player and the last one I purchased was advanced warfare for ps4.

Spiderman 2 , I played miles and the original Spiderman before and did enjoy them.

For some reason I'm torn. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Spidey, even though you'll complete it in a heart beat.

Mind that the game is short, like 30h tops to get platinum...and that is if you slow your pace.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I said it in another thread, if you've been away from COD you are NOT coming back to the game you remember. You are going into a shitty live service SBMM nightmare that bombards you with garish ads to get you to spend more money and build up a sense of FOMO. There are better multiplayer games you can get for cheap or nothing. This MWII-MWIII cycle is particularly bad.

meanwhile Spiderman 2 is a sequel to an excellent game that got very good reviews.

Last edited:

NickFire

I think someone posted pics of the MW3 bundle being discounted. If memory serves you may be able to get that bundle and S2 for same price give or take a few bucks.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

Mw3 ( yes I know I have seen the reviews and negativity ) but I am not an avid COD player and the last one I purchased was advanced warfare for ps4.

Spiderman 2 , I played miles and the original Spiderman before and did enjoy them.

Should I buy something good and thought out for the last three to four years or some dog shit expansion that was rushed out the door as a full game... hummm tough choice my friend

Pack PS5 Slim + Spiderman 2.

Boss Mog

If woke propaganda doesn't bother you then go for Spider-man 2, there's still some semblance of a good game under there.

Skip CoD unless you're super nostalgic about the old MW2 and MW3 maps, and even then, the nostalgia fades quickly as I found out from the beta.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
If woke propaganda doesn't bother you then go for Spider-man 2, there's still some semblance of a good game under there.
Fuck off with that shit. Seriously.

but I am not an avid COD player and the last one I purchased was advanced warfare for ps4.
If you like COD single player, there are plenty of better ones between Advanced Warfare and MW3. If you want to stick with the MW single player games, get the first one(2019).

Unless you're looking at bundles, then I'd suggest the Spidey 2 bundle. It's a better game.

Pretty sure the concensus is that MW3 is shit, so Spiderman, I guess.

Hugare is right, though, Alan Wake 2 is a much better option if possible.

My vote: Get the Spiderman 2 bundle, and then get Titanfall 2 on sale for 3.99.

Mythoclast

Honestly I have no trouble recommending MW3, just from the first couple of days since release Ive spent more time than I would ever spend on Spiderman. The gameplay is just that fun.

Also, Spiderman 2 will probably come to PS Plus within the next year.

poodaddy

as if no GIF by Zakk Wylde

You serious?

Spoders. I had problems with the game, but between the two, easily Spoders.

0racle

Got the CODMW3 console for the slim and found a local guy who will trade his Spiderman 2 physical for my digital code.

Best of both worlds.

Thanks all.

//DEVIL//

Not sure why this is hard for you.

you want to play single player game ? spider man.
multiplayer game ? MW3.

I would pick MW3 because its the best COD for a while when it comes to multiplayer. ( if you looking for single player then avoid it. nothing to see here )

SteadyEvo

Spiderman 2 by a country mile. Not even close and I haven’t played either game. There’s nothing interesting about COD anymore unless it’s your first time.

Unknown?

Spidey, even though you'll complete it in a heart beat.

Mind that the game is short, like 30h tops to get platinum...and that is if you slow your pace.
MW3 is shorter. Campaign is 3 hours and to play every map and mode in multiplayer takes no time at all.

Top Bottom