• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes]‘Helldivers 2’ On Xbox? Even PS5 Players Want It To Happen

PS5 Players Want It To Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 113 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 281 71.3%

• Total voters

Mortisfacio

Honestly a legit question because I keep seeing people comparing Steam numbers so I have to ask

Is this honestly where the vast majority of Xbox people went to play games like Halo Infinite?

I know the group I played it with played on the Gamepass app

Unless I am missing something I don't think this comparison is very accurate

Myself and my friends played Halo on PC, but on PC GamePass. Same with Starfield. Steam is my favorite platform, but if it's offered on GamePass and I also wanted to play the campaign (which was paid, but included on GamePass) so had no desire to install on two platforms or pay for it when I was already getting it with my sub.

Maybe they will put more effort into games now that they are coming to Playstation.

Well look at it this way, if they can’t make a success out of releasing games not just on Xbox but on millions upon millions of PCs, phones and of course cloud, then that should tell you a lot.

I’d be interested to see what their internal expectations are by releasing these games on PlayStation and Nintendo.

Hibs

Untitled.jpg
It's Xbots. Rats isn't a thing outside of here and never will be.

Pop

Ya why not

Its a live service game. And if you're still having problems getting in its your own damn fault now. Literally join someone already in game or use the games activity cards on PS5 to instantly get in

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Honestly a legit question because I keep seeing people comparing Steam numbers so I have to ask

Is this honestly where the vast majority of Xbox people went to play games like Halo Infinite?

It's F2P on Steam, so it's a similar-ish thing anyway.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Oh, how that little tidbit suddenly flies under the radar. "Sony has 10 years to come up with its own shooter".

Helldivers Enters The Chat

"Wait, whaaaaa? How is it that we, the Rats of Green, are left out like this"?

Sony: *in Drake's voice "Karma's a bitch"!
Xbox: "10 years should be enough for Sony to come up with its own shooter"

*Sony delivers one within 5 months.*

Michael Scott No GIF

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I have a group of 4 friends. We were all multiplatform owners. I was always the PS fanboy who only played Gears, and Halo with them, but the rest were big xbox guys who bought everything on the 360 instead of the PS3. We all bought Xbox One day one despite moving to the PS4 for online games like Destiny and CoD. There was still Ryse, Forza, Titanfall, Halo Infinite, Sunset and other exclusives like Scalebound that we were all looking forward to, and Xbox was the only place to play them.

Sometimes around 2018, we all upgraded to PC like we did at the tail end of each gen. Only this time, when the new gen rolled around, NONE of us bought an Xbox Series X. There was just no point. Our PCs were just as powerful as the XSX if not more powerful thanks to DLSS and MS had everything going to PC day one.

This is why im so against Sony courting PC gamers. You dont want day and date releases let alone delayed PC ports. Not for gaas games. Not for indies like Pertinent. Not for games like Death Stranding. You are killing your own cash cow. It might be good for the short term, but you WILL notice that 10-20% drop in console sales, and because the hardcore actually buy 5-10 games a year instead of playing one cod or one fifa game a year. So losing even 10% of us is like losing 5-10 casuals. It adds up. I bought Star Wars, RE4, Alan Wake, Robocop, Hogwarts, Callisto and played Avatar on Uplay. Thats a lot of 30% cuts Sony lost out on. Same time last gen, i had given sony an extra $400 on the Pro, and was blown away by 4k gaming. Felt no need to invest in a PC. Wouldve done the same had Sony released a PS5 pro already.

Last edited:

Hibs

Where was the love when starfield came out? Now that Sony has a banger, all of a sudden they are the bad guy for not extending it to xbox when they have NEVER done so on their own

Nobody is mad. People are just fed up with the social engineering and their shill network.
So like every major company, including Sony. It’s about money at the end of the day for all of them.

Edit. Just wanted to add that for sure, call out scummy practices but why does it feel like it’s against the players here instead?

Last edited:

FrankWza

Just wanted to add that for sure, call out scummy practices but why does it feel like it’s against the players here instead?
There's a chance this thread is just that. Marketing or followers of the new narrative. Do you believe 25% of the people here that prefer Playstation want this game ported to another console? There's a reason the votes aren't visible. You'd be able to eliminate most of those votes by name. Whether or not Playstation "fanboys" are right or wrong is besides the point.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There's a chance this thread is just that. Marketing or followers of the new narrative. Do you believe 25% of the people here that prefer Playstation want this game ported to another console? There's a reason the votes aren't visible. You'd be able to eliminate most of those votes by name. Whether or not Playstation "fanboys" are right or wrong is besides the point.
25% of the people here? Nope

I would love to think 25% of casual gamers wouldn't care

Hibs

So are we really talking about Microsoft employed agents posing as Gaf members?

Topher

Gold Member

Most casual players are oblivious. I remember a couple of years ago I was riding with a coworker and I had a copy of Days Gone in my car that I was going to trade in. He picked it up and was looking at it and then said "this looks pretty cool. think I'll get it for my xbox". Probably far more people like him in the gaming world than people like us constantly talking about exclusives left and right.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
👀 so having a preferred way to play is worshipping? Just say you want everything on PC. Hell then at least I could muster up ounce of respect for that position but to insinuate that my investment is bad is a bad shot.
If you log into your preferred way to play and you think "wow am I glad people playing on X platform can't play this, it makes me wnjoy this game so much more" its 100% worshipping and to insinuate buying a console platform as an investment that implies something you need to protect strengthens that belief

Most casual players are oblivious. I remember a couple of years ago I was riding with a coworker and I had a copy of Days Gone in my car that I was going to trade in. He picked it up and was looking at it and then said "this looks pretty cool. think I'll get it for my xbox". Probably far more people like him in the gaming world than people like us constantly talking about exclusives left and right.
100% and casuals drive this train

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
That’s pretty normal. Most consoles are just Madden, Duty or soccer playing machines.

FrankWza

It's probably even higher of the casual. But, the xbox situation is a first so it will grow into their feeds and cause a change to their gaming preferences at some point so they're bound to notice.
That was the plan with CoD.
Xbox is setting a precedent and following it seems like it would be a big mistake. I think that's where the accusations that someone is being a fanboy because they don't want it to happen is lazy. We have an example and it's right in front of us and it's not looking good.

Neofire

If you log into your preferred way to play and you think "wow am I glad people playing on X platform can't play this, it makes me wnjoy this game so much more" its 100% worshipping and to insinuate buying a console platform as an investment that implies something you need to protect strengthens that belief

100% and casuals drive this train
Where did I insinuate the need to "protect" my ps5? Now I don't mind the debate but don't get into bad faith arguments. Don't lie on me please. I simply stated the logic of having exclusives for each platform. This applies for Xbox and Nintendo

Killjoy-NL

Because some, even though might only be dozens, don't care about which plastic box people worship to and just want to play games.
I don't care what platform people play games on, as long as they don’t take something away from me.
Expansion is perfectly fine.

But asking if I would actively advocate for said expansion is a bit much.
And for Sony, it wouldn't make any sense. Many Xbox fans seem ready to jump ship and the more leave, the more will follow.

And where do they go? Playstation or PC, both covered by Sony.

Last edited:

fersnake

unless they already have the xbox port it would be a waste of time, money and resources they need to fix the server issues, gpu related crashes and not counting more content. so if they release the game on xbox maybe they can port it in a half a year? by that time i think they hype of the game is gonna decrease considerably.

Shut0wen

Not gunna lie but exclusive GAAS are just dumb af, the cost of porting such a game could be covered so quickly, always thought it was retarded ms making sea of thieves and infinte (dont get me started on infinte) and my opinion of sony doing it isnt any different

That didn't take long.

It's a company where their gaming division is over $70b in the hole now, and needs to answer to the shareholders to start turning some revenue and profits. Games sales are dwindling and Game Pass isn't cutting it.
Is it not strange that shareholders expect to make a profit on their investment,how dare they. Gamepass is killing xbox,training your sheep to not buy games and get them for free on a service is a business killer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is it not strange that shareholders expect to make a profit on their investment,how dare they. Gamepass is killing xbox,training your sheep to not buy games and get them for free on a service is a business killer.
And day and date on the PC is a box killer. I would wager there are more PC crossover gamers for the MS Xbox brand than there would be for Sony and the PS5. You eliminate their need for the box, they'll stick with or just go all in on PC.

jumpship

Because some, even though might only be dozens, don't care about which plastic box people worship to and just want to play games.

If HD2 was made and owned by a 3rd party like EA for example and Sony got an exclusivity deal I could understand this better. But this is a Platform holders first party game. Like a Halo, God of war, Mario, Gears, Zelda. Where were the holding hands everyone should play together articles for Halo Infinite or Starfield or Pal World just to name a few?

Not saying this about you, It's just funny witnessing the sudden attitude change to exclusivity and how we should all play as one big happy family now because Sony released a kick ass shooter.

A single company consolidated massively this gen, cheered on continuously by fans, influencers and media alike. The thirst for more was palpable including Sega, Square whatever could hurt Sony (and its users) most. PS fans aren't going to conveniently wipe that from memory. Fast forward to today and It's a level of blatant hypocracy I've never witnessed before in gaming.

Topher

Gold Member
I own an XSX, PS5, and a relatively high end PC. It's a great game. I just think everyone should be able to enjoy games like this, which is why I'm happy Sea of thieves is finally going to PlayStation.

So you are against exclusivity across the board?

DeVeAn

Yeah I don’t personally care which platform. Why would it hurt anyone to port a game to another machine? We aren’t in the early 90’s anymore. I would like to login to a device that plays games and access all my library. I believe that day is coming eventually.

Hibs

The receipts are out there. I'm not breaking any news with how things go
There are Fanboys for every platform though, and people with ulterior motives. It's nothing new. I still don't see why the discourse needs to amount to "get fucked" when people legit express a desire at experiencing what both worlds have to offer.

Yet people are way too employed to one brand, and it needs to stay super exclusive without any amount of give and take.

The wouldn't get enough sales to recoup the costs of porting plus it would to need to be on Gamepass for the Xbox fam to even look it at. Would MS really cut a check to Sony to get it on Gamepass and considering the runaway success it's been on PC/PS5 how big would that check have to be to even get the conversation started?

Well in my opinion they bought the wrong console. Trick is to buy a platform that has titles you are interested in.

As for this massive movement of PS5 owners port begging for Xbox. That's not happening. It's just a dumb console warrior narrative.
This is how I always saw it in my eyes , yall choose the wrong console Platform now yall cry about games being exclusive to PlayStation. Loll
Go out an buy a PlayStation if yall want games. Clearly Microsoft doesn’t care about their customers like Sony does.

Neofire

This is how I always saw it in my eyes , yall choose the wrong console Platform now yall cry about games being exclusive to PlayStation. Loll
Go out an buy a PlayStation if yall want games. Clearly Microsoft doesn’t care about their customers like Sony does.
My sentiments exactly. If you got the extra expenditures then buy all platforms but to port beg/hope that Sony does exactly what Microsoft is doing to their platforms is strange, to say the least.

Top Bottom