• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Desperate Xbox players turn to Halo Forge for their Helldivers 2 fix"- theloadout.com

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
PS5-exclusive Helldivers 2 is so popular that Xbox players want a taste of democracy, and now Halo Forge will be the battleground for a Helldivers 2 remake.
Halo Forge experts ‘The Forge Falcons’ recognize the game’s massive appeal, and confirm on social media that “we will be bringing the Helldivers 2 Experience to Halo Infinite” using the game’s creative sandbox mode.
There of course will be limitations […] but the experience Helldivers 2 gives the player is extremely intense and puts you in the action 24/7,”

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Was there a greater example of burning your whole market to the ground in 12-18 months like Xbox did?

Sega Dreamcast?
The plunge yes... but xbox has been in decadence since the launch of xbox one ... it has been endless empty promises for the last 10+ years ...

I really wanted to feel bad for our mates in green because is not good see something you like go down ... but they really have to take some of the blame, this "cultish" like mentality that Phil spencer and co. createad that is incapable of being critical just achieved its peak when gamepass became popular among them... the illusion of free shit really corrupt the masses... is a old phenomenon... never with good outcomes.

The plunge yes... but xbox has been in decadence since the launch of xbox one ... it has been endless empty promises for the last 10+ years ...

I really wanted to feel bad for our mates in green because is not good see something you like go down ... but they really have to take some of the blame, this "cultish" like mentality that Phil spencer and co. createad that is incapable of being critical just achieved its peak when gamepass became popular among them... the illusion of free shit really corrupt the masses... is a old phenomenon... never with good outcomes.

The criticism Sony took with the PS3 saved PlayStation. If there hadn't been criticism, maybe they double down, but they shifted focus and like Nintendo transformed their company.

Most people don't realize that before the PS3, Sony was not really much of a first-party publisher. Which isn't to say they didn't make any games or any hit games, but it was nowhere near this level.

SRTtoZ

Xbox going full Kinect was the beginning of the end.

Good.

Planning to download the game first time since launch. Will play this if available.

Time to check state its in after 2 years.

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I think the premise would easily fit quite well in the Halo Universe in general. I have no interest in the competetive side of Halo, haven't for a very long time, there's just other franchises and games that do that kind of thing better to me.

A co-op 3rd person ODST mission-based game on a large map? With those O'Donnell jams in the background and some decent narrative spin and reasoning to do it...

Master Chief Game GIF by Halo

I could play that.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sad Happy Hour GIF

I think the premise would easily fit quite well in the Halo Universe in general. I have no interest in the competetive side of Halo, haven't for a very long time, there's just other franchises and games that do that kind of thing better to me.

A co-op 3rd person ODST mission-based game on a large map? With those O'Donnell jams in the background and some decent narrative spin and reasoning to do it...

I could play that.
Yeah and MS could have made such a game, but nope… shows how much they really cared for those AA fantasies people make up when trying to justify why they need to gobble up multiplatform publishers to help the industry.
How is the dream going for Crash Bandicoot and Spyro titles with Toys for Bob gutted :/?

Fredrik

Who would go to such trouble when you could just play it on PC.
If it was that simple then why are so many here console warring? Could just play on PC and fight over graphics card, motherboard and PSU differences instead. 🤷‍♂️
To be honest I don’t think owning a gaming PC is as widespread as we may think.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If it was that simple then why are so many here console warring? Could just play on PC and fight over graphics card, motherboard and PSU differences instead. 🤷‍♂️
To be honest I don’t think owning a gaming PC is as widespread as we may think.
It is not the bestest experience ever without some fine tuning but it is playable on Steam Deck. You can run it at 30 - 40 FPS decently on a low to mid range PC.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's better not to even report this as real news is worth more your time.

I comment not because I care about the content (whether I like it or not), I'm saying this because it's a waste of people's time and clutters the forum.

I would be in favor of having a catch all thread for someone's observation on reported facts.

We can discuss or LTTP but I'm not in favor of mocking any fan base even if I share some of the ideology to give those who want to play HD2 the message of voting with their wallet.

They can buy a PlayStation 5.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
About the number of threads about "xbox is doomed" What does that have to do with it being the biggest publisher?
There's a handy little feature called Ignore Thread. Why not use it?

And the point of the question? If they are the biggest publisher (and thus doing good), why gripe at all? Wouldn't that be even more of a reason to simply ignore the thread?

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I could play that.
This would actually make for a great game and work quite well for the Halo franchise. It would also sell just fine on PC side.

So it has no chance to get greenlit in Phil’s Xbox. Didn’t some of the ex-343 Devs say they pitched some similar games before in Halo Universe?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
:messenger_hushed: The desperation is real. I still remember a few weeks ago when some Xbox players were laughing at this game before it launched and saying it would flop. I also remember when some in the Xbox community were saying Sony couldn't make a decent shooter to save their lives and now look at what's happening lol.
jMiCecl.jpg
81U98Hs.jpg
ymqcCjQ.jpg
1N7mxgo.jpg

There is a very disinterested (I am sure) push for Sony to follow Xbox’s GamePass strategy 😛.

All in just the pre-order thread btw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom