• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine PS5 Development is Picking Up the Pace

It probably will be their big Holiday PS5 Pro bundle.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
PS5 Pro is allegedly launching Q3-4 of 2024, I don't expect Wolverine to come out till the end of Q3 of 2025.
Yeah, I also think Wolverine is 2025. The game started full production in 2021. 2024 is too soon.

2024's big game will be Death Stranding 2. But PS5 Pro will launch with a couple of other surprises as well, I'm sure. Sony goes big during console launches.

Last edited:
PS5 Pro is allegedly launching Q3-4 of 2024, I don't expect Wolverine to come out till the end of Q3 of 2025.
This post doesn't make any sense. What does a pro version of a console has to do with the game coming out that same year or not? If anything it's a good opportunity for them to bundle the game with it for the holiday reason. Nonsensical take with no logical explanation and piss poor educational guessing.

If that was the case, then where the fuck is the reveal for the next Naughty Dog game or Santa Monica? I swear this forum needs some sort of an IQ test before you are able to join.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also think Wolverine is 2025. The game started full production in 2021. 2024 is too soon.

2024's big game will be Death Stranding 2. But PS5 Pro will launch with a couple of other surprises as well, I'm sure. Sony goes big during console launches.
Death Stranding 2 could be a flagship title for PS5 Pro. Death Stranding was (still is) actually really impressive on PS5. Also I expect Spider-man 2 to get a big PS5 Pro patch featuring the new goodies of the hardware. We could expect RTAO, RT GI on top of RT reflections on this title on PS5 Pro.

This post doesn't make any sense. What does a pro version of a console has to do with the game coming out that same year or not? If anything it's a good opportunity for them to bundle the game with it for the holiday reason. Nonsensical take with no logical explanation and piss poor educational guessing.

If that was the case, then where the fuck is the reveal for the next Naughty Dog game or Santa Monica? I swear this forum needs some sort of an IQ test before you are able to join.
Why are you getting so wound up over such a non-issue, I worry more about the mental health of some posters on here like yourself rather than IQ.

My point is I don't see Wolverine launching in 2024, and I don't see it being a flagship title which will launch with the PS5 Pro either.

Why are you getting so wound up over such a non-issue, I worry more about the mental health of some posters on here like yourself rather than IQ.

My point is I don't see Wolverine launching in 2024, and I don't see it being a flagship title which will launch with the PS5 Pro either.
Oh I am okay and I never said there is an issue. I just don't understand the mental gymnastics and "intellectual" thinking of some of the posters here that make absolutely no sense. It's amusing.

So Wolverine now is not even a flagship title for Sony? What pottery are you smoking good sir? I'd like to puff some lol.

Last edited:

Crayon

Super curious about this one. I don't like comics much but spiderman turned out pretty good and this sounds like it could be cooler.

I hope it's not just another TPS action game. They have a bit more creative license on how to use Wolverine than they would Spiderman.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They need to let this game cook and make it next-gen as fuck. Another Spider-Man 2 "this is a PS5 only game????" fiasco isn't going to cut it.

Stop making so many damn games, Insomniac.

Take your time, make this a GOTG contender. Anything less than GOW2018 level greatness should be seen as highly disappointing.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They need to let this game cook and make it next-gen as fuck. Another Spider-Man 2 "this is a PS5 only game?" fiasco isn't going to cut it.

Stop making so many damn games, Insomniac.

Take your time, make this a GOTG contender. Anything less than GOW2018 level greatness should be seen as highly disappointing.
You won't be flying/swinging around a massive city, so I expect a more focused game graphics wise. I have a feeling this will be their "wow" step up due to that.

yurinka

Do we know anything about this game aside from insomniac + Wolverine?
M-rated, dark and adult tone, single player, not open world but wide linear instead. Focused on melee. The developers in charge are the ones from Spider-Man Miles Morales, who started to work on Wolverine as they completed Miles Morales.

I'd say something like GoW x Ratchet.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
M-rated, dark tone, single player, not open world but wide linear instead. Focused on melee. The developers in charge are the ones from Spider-Man Miles Morales, who started to work on Wolverine as they completed Miles Morales.

I'd say something like GoW x Ratchet.
These are a combo of Jeff Grubb "rumors" and him saying "probably" though while repeating a rumor.

Was curious if we actually KNOW more about the game than that lol

yurinka

These are a combo of Jeff Grubb "rumors" and him saying "probably" though while repeating a rumor.

Was curious if we actually KNOW more about the game than that lol
These aren't rumors, it's what lead devs of the game said in Twitter the day it was announced, and what was mentioned in the PS blog in the announcement. I can't find the part where they mentioned it was melee action focused non open world game, here's the rest:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/marvels-spider-man-2-and-marvels-wolverine-revealed/

image.png

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
These aren't rumors, it's what lead devs of the game said in Twitter the day it was announced, and what was mentioned in the PS blog in the announcement.
Well where are you getting "not open world"?

The PS Blog literally says the game is in the vein of their Spider-Man games.

Ozzie666

Are people expecting a game similar to Spider-man or something closer to a linear action combat adventure game. Obviously heavily storen driven. It would be funny to see Wolverine be their take on a Demon Souls style game, as Wolverine dies over and over, then heals back up. The teaser didn't really tell us much.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
4 years isn't normal. 5+ years is normal. A new IP, with new gameplay design is often 7+ years at this point.
You know this is Insomniac we're talking about right? They're arguably the most efficient AAA devs next to From, but I would rank them a tad higher based on polish and engine performance/tech alone.

Beechos

I'm going with spring 2025 release. I'd feel more comfortable if there were some gameplay shown already for a 2024 release. This is also factoring in the obligatory "delay" everything gets nowadays.

Top Bottom