• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac possibly got hacked?

BoxFresh123

Insomniac_Rhysida_crisq6

https://www.cyberdaily.au/culture/9...omniac-games-hit-by-rhysida-ransomware-attack

Ransomware operator Rhysida has posted limited data that appears to back up its claim that it has successfully hacked video game developer Insomniac Games.

Insomniac is best known for its two award-winning Spider-Man games and is currently developing a title based on Marvel’s Wolverine.

In fact, some details regarding the upcoming Wolverine game may have been included in the hack, as an annotated screenshot from the game appears to be included in the gang’s proof-of-hack data, along with character art that seems to relate to other Marvel characters that may be featured in the game.

Also included are passport scans that appear to belong to Insomniac employees, including at least one ex-employee who now works at Disney after being laid off by the developer two months ago. Another personal document appears to belong to the voice actor who voiced Peter Parker – aka Spider-Man – in the latest release of the game, Yuri Lowenthal.

Other documents featured as proof-of-hack material include internal emails and signed, confidential documents.

The Rhysida gang is saying Insomniac has seven days before the full data set is published but is also currently running an auction on the data, with a starting price of 50 bitcoins, or just over US$2 million.

“With just 7 days on the clock, seize the opportunity to bid on exclusive, unique, and impressive data,” Rhysida said on its leak site.

“Open your wallets and be ready to buy exclusive data. We sell only to one hand, no reselling, you will be the only owner!”

Puscifer

Damn, if those screenshots are true the information about Wolverine being inspired by God of War are REALLY fucking true. Someone post that leak because holy shit!

these gaming companies gotta tighten up, sony especially.
Cyber security should be taken absolutely seriously but companies often don't want to pay for it till it's too late. I'm not even joking with you when I say my last company, an Internet provider at that, thought it was better to just do cyber security training and have insurance than having proper procedures in place, including management having asinine passwords like "password123"

StereoVsn

Damn, if those screenshots are true the information about Wolverine being inspired by God of War are REALLY fucking true. Someone post that leak because holy shit!

Cyber security should be taken absolutely seriously but companies often don't want to pay for it till it's too late. I'm not even joking with you when I say my last company, an Internet provider at that, thought it was better to just do cyber security training and have insurance than having proper procedures in place, including management having asinine passwords like "password123"
Yeah the issue is firstly money and secondly organizational awareness/will to implement.

Especially in dev heavy places you have to ride heard on folks as devs and engineers will inevitably try to make their lives easier and security’s life much harder.

DanielG165

Couldn’t care less about screenshots to a video game when the personal information of employees that had no say in the matter is now just out there in the wild. I hope this issue is resolved quickly, and the individuals responsible see some pretty serious jail time.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Nah, I'm just bored by the third person over the shoulder perspective. Its overused in game development. I yearn for AAA developers to go out of their comfort zone and experiment or do something else.

Put your money where your mouth is and don't play these games that bore yo before you put your hands on them?

And how about you don't expect Wolverine of all properties to be turned into a border patrol simulator fucking hell.

Top Bottom