• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4080 Super - Review Thread

winjer

Gold Member
cyrIpyp.png

relative-performance-2560-1440.png

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

1 to 3% faster.. lollllll

The good thing is anyone who bought a 4080 or so almost 1.5 years ago won't feel left out. As matter of fact if you have an OC version it will be faster than the 4080 super FE.

200$ premium to have it 1.5 years in advance ? I would say fucking worth it

With the 5000 series only coming in 2025, I would say in general anyone who bought a card around release date has made the right call.

Last edited:

Senua

The good thing is anyone who bought a 4080 or so almost 1.5 years ago won't feel left out. As matter of fact if you have an OC version it will be faster than the 4090 super FE.

200$ premium to have it 1.5 years in advance ? I would say fucking worth it
Who gives a crap? Technology is meant to evolve, not stagnate so people with lesser cards feel good about themselves.

$1200 for the 4080 is not worth it in any sense of the word, and this card is only a less shit option than before.

//DEVIL//

Who gives a crap? Technology is meant to evolve, not stagnate so people with lesser cards feel good about themselves.

$1200 for the 4080 is not worth it in any sense of the word, and this card is only a less shit option than before.
You found it not worth it. Some others did and bought it. This is a matter of opinion and you can't change that.

And who gives a crap ? Anyone who bought a card recently or the last year will give a crap. Technology evolve yes but that doesnt mean it's ok to get screwed over few months after paying premium for a card. what a weird ass comment

ahtlas7

Went ahead and grabbed one. It’s a ~200€ savings. And what I expected the performance gains to be based on some youtube videos I saw last week. Should also improve performance in Adobe Suite for me.

Nvidia clowns confirmed, GPU prices are a joke. Anyone who thinks this is a “deal” got played, hard. The xx80 series cards are $600 to $800 GPUs at best but somehow Nvidia convinced mining bros to pay $1200 and then re-release it a year later for a price that’s still far too high. Problem is they’re trapped because somewhere along the way people (mining bros) decided their overpriced GPUs are an asset and now Nvidia can’t drop prices to a reasonable amount.

Senua

You found it not worth it. Some others did and bought it. This is a matter of opinion and you can't change that.

And who gives a crap ? Anyone who bought a card recently or the last year will give a crap. Technology evolve yes but that doesnt mean it's ok to get screwed over few months after paying premium for a card. what a weird ass comment
The card sold poorly, the people that bought a 4080 for $1200 are mugs.

And a few months? It's over a year mate, poor showing from the supposed "super"

Thaedolus

Gold Member

“Shit option” lmfao, going from a 1080ti to a 4080 at launch was incredible. My buddy about shit his pants when he saw CyberPunk running on it going to my C1 after only having seen his PS5 version.

Maybe the price for performance factor isn’t where it could be but the 4080 is a monster I’ll have for years more to come

twilo99

4070 super is the better deal then?

I still think that the 4090 is the only nvidia card that made sense this generation

//DEVIL//

The card sold poorly, the people that bought a 4080 for $1200 are mugs.

And a few months? It's over a year mate, poor showing from the supposed "super"
To what standard it sold poorly ? We don't have sales numbers. For all we know outside of the 4090 ( which is even more redicilous in price ) every card from AMD and Nvidia sold poorly.

We don't have numbers.

And calling people mugs because they wanted a 4080 is not nice. Your opinion and your money is different from one person to another.

It's only a good deal by virtue that the price is cheaper then the 4080 which isn't hard because it was like most Nvidia GPUs very overpriced.

The only good product from these Super launches seems to be the 4070 Super because it's actually anywhere from 10-25% faster on average then the regular card. I will also never be a 80 series buyer again since the 1080 due to pricing. Unless we go back (which we never will because Nvidia and AMD both know that people will buy whatever they release regardless) I'll be firmly in the mid range from here on out.

Surprisingly it looks like the Zotac card still fits in my Lian Li Dan A4.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
As always, the best deal is buying the card that gives you the performance you need for the games you want/need to play.
Never have I ever thought “yeah my FPS isn’t where I want it but at least I saved a couple hundred bucks over the course of the 3-4 years I’ll use this card 😏

Nah it’s always maaaaaan I should’ve just paid a bit more.

Reactions: GHG

dave_d

To what standard it sold poorly ? We don't have sales numbers. For all we know outside of the 4090 ( which is even more redicilous in price ) every card from AMD and Nvidia sold poorly.

We don't have numbers.

And calling people mugs because they wanted a 4080 is not nice. Your opinion and your money is different from one person to another.
Very true. The only real numbers we ever got were from Tech Epiphany which suggested it was selling better than a lot of tech tubers were saying. Well that and the steam GPU survey which suggested decent sales unfortunately.

It’s a good deal in the context of modern gpu prices - I think I picked up a 3080 is early 2022 for £900 - this is £100 more for probably 50%+ performance when you add on dlss3 and I can sell the 3080 for a decent wedge now.

Obviously compared to the days when you could get a 980 or 1080 for under £500 it is pretty shit but that’s life.

StereoVsn

If you're sitting on that much money you might as well go all in and get a 4090.
It’s like $2k now days which is double 4080 Super cost. The price for the Super isn’t amazing but at least it’s better now and we are a year away from 5080 equivalent most likely.

And yeah, $1K was what this card should have been in the first place. But Nvidia is gonna Nvidia.

Mister Wolf

It’s like $2k now days which is double 4080 Super cost. The price for the Super isn’t amazing but at least it’s better now and we are a year away from 5080 equivalent most likely.

And yeah, $1K was what this card should have been in the first place. But Nvidia is gonna Nvidia.

Do you honestly believe these will be sold at retail price?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Techtesters tested a whopping 40 games with the RTX 4080 Superduper.

Do you honestly believe these will be sold at retail price?

They have gone on starting at £959.99 on Scan in the UK which is MSRP I think - you can pay more for OCs, RGB and the like.

These prices should not be hyped up (like the 4070 and TI) as anyone who was that deperate to get into 40 series has done so. As someone else said, the 4090 is a special case because of China.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

They have gone on starting at £959.99 on Scan in the UK which is MSRP I think - you can pay more for OCs, RGB and the like.

These prices should not be hyped up (like the 4070 and TI) as anyone who was that deperate to get into 40 series has done so. As someone else said, the 4090 is a special case because of China.
Yep, Newegg has a bunch for normal prices. At least they did this morning. BestBuy and Amazon don’t have them yet but should over next week.

And even 4090 should get back to normal soonish, IMO, since it got banned as well so companies can’t just ship it to China. There is a special China targeted and cut down version of 4090 now.

FireFly

Nvidia clowns confirmed, GPU prices are a joke. Anyone who thinks this is a “deal” got played, hard. The xx80 series cards are $600 to $800 GPUs at best but somehow Nvidia convinced mining bros to pay $1200 and then re-release it a year later for a price that’s still far too high. Problem is they’re trapped because somewhere along the way people (mining bros) decided their overpriced GPUs are an asset and now Nvidia can’t drop prices to a reasonable amount.
I thought mining demand died after Ethereum went proof of stake in September 2022, and prices remained high partly due to excess inventory in the channel. Now prices have come down a bit, but 5nm wafers are significantly more expensive than 8nm ones, so I imagine Nvidia is still trying to protect their margins.

Top Bottom