• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Super Review thread

My mate is getting a pre-built, tried to convince him to build his own but no go. Anyway he will be playing at 1080p for foreseeable future and wants Nvidia card.
Should he just get 4070 super which is in his budget? he looking at 7800x3d , 32gb ram, 2tb nvme etc
Is the jump to standard 70ti really worth it at 1080p for him?

A used 1080TI would be enough for 1080p

Hohenheim

They are running $1,800 and up. That’s ridiculous price to pay for a new GPU.

Personally I have a 3080Ti that I got at a small discount way back at launch and I still feel ripped off, lol.

4080 / Super doesn’t offer enough uptake for me and 4090 is way too expensive. So might as well wait for 5080 in a year.

As to 4070Ti Super, what the hell is going on with performance. I expected at least 10% higher considering the move to bigger chip.

At least 4080 Super cuts the price by 20% and should be marginally quicker. 4070Ti seems just disappointing.

4070 Super while still too expensive is probably the most reasonable card in the market right now unless you don’t care about RT/DLSS and then 7900XT if you can grab it at $700 seems like a decent deal.

Or 7800xt at $450-500.
Yeah, the 4090 is very expensive.
I got mine in order to get the best possible performance on my new 4K monitor, and i'm very, very happy with it.
Sold my 3090, so got some of the money for the upgrade via that sale.
Will upgrade to the 5090 when that arrives too, as the new tech is just too damn tempting, and it's so much fun getting new tech/gear!
It's not so fun if a TI version comes out right after you purchace a new GPU, but that's part of the game.
The 3090 TI arrived shortly after I got the 3090, and i'm a bit suprised that they didn't launch a 4090 TI along with these new cards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom