• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Ti(e) Super Review thread

Bojji

relative-performance-2560-1440.png
relative-performance-3840-2160.png

~10% better than 4070 ti at 4K, less than that in lower resolutions. Good GPU but definitely worse than what some leakers hyped it to be.

Kings Field

I want to build my first PC but I’m so conflicted if I want to go 4080 super or 7900 xtx. I was thinking about this card but I’d rather spend some extra money for better shit.

Yep and it will most likely be the weakest jump in power of the three "new" GPUs, but at least MSRP will be lower.
Was hoping for a reason to upgrade my 3080, I really want frame gen without having to use a mod, but these numbers just aren't good enough.

And I doubt the 4080 super as well.

StereoVsn

I want to build my first PC but I’m so conflicted if I want to go 4080 super or 7900 xtx. I was thinking about this card but I’d rather spend some extra money for better shit.
7900 XTX is better in pure rasterization. However once you start looking at RT, DLSS vs FSR and other functionality, IMO 4080 Super (not vanilla one) will come out ahead.

That is unless AMD drops pricing to like $850-900 and even then I would think twice.

Leonidas

My 7900xt still chillin in raster
I can't think of any game where a current gen $500+ card can't handle raster. Raster is trivial for current gen GPUs.

It's only when you turn on RT or PT where current gen cards can tank in performance... and that's when you need DLSS/FSR to upscale (where DLSS comes out ahead in image quality).

Last edited:

Kings Field

7900 XTX is better in pure rasterization. However once you start looking at RT, DLSS vs FSR and other functionality, IMO 4080 Super (not vanilla one) will come out ahead.

That is unless AMD drops pricing to like $850-900 and even then I would think twice.
Yeah I think I’m gonna stick with Nvidia and shoot for the 4080 super if it looks good. The DLSS and RT have me sold.

smbu2000

10% faster than a 3090
I guess nvidia was right
Didn’t nvidia say the regular 4070 super was faster than the 3090? Not the ti super version.

The 4070ti was already faster than the 3090, so the 4070ti super should also be faster.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Came today. Upgrading my machine. I’m not a big PC gamer at all, and don’t have a 4K monitor. But I’ve been rocking a 1080 since 2018, so this is a significant upgrade and the $599 price point is right for me.

When the Nvidia marketing peeps sat down for their meeting and asked the question.'Who are the type of gamers we are targeting with the 4070 Super?'

...'TexMex on NeoGAF!' would have been the answer. 😁

Holding out for that 5080 or 5090 at some point next year. I just don't see these super cards a worth while upgrade for me when all games run at 1440p 60+ FPS on a 3080 10GB. I can see the appeal for those on 10XX or even 20XX cards though.

Erebus

Yeah, even at 4k is not that much faster than my 4070 Ti, which is more VRAM limited. Considering I'm playing at 1440p, I think I'm good.

Bojji

I could never go for Ti(e) . It's always Tee-Eye for me .

'Reviewers': 12GB = BAD, not future-proof, 16GB = BAD, not worth it because performance is the same...
I'm too old for this shit.

When I had regular 4070ti it was already VRAM limited in 4k even with performance DLSS. In games like cyberpunk and Alan wake 2 framebuffer wanted more than 11gb available (stutters). So yeah card was very powerful but limited by VRAM at higher than 1440p resolutions, super version fixes that. Most old games that they are testing are using tiny amounts of memory.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
When I had regular 4070ti it was already VRAM limited in 4k even with performance DLSS. In games like cyberpunk and Alan wake 2 framebuffer wanted more than 11gb available (stutters). So yeah card was very powerful but limited by VRAM at higher than 1440p resolutions, super version fixes that. Most old games that they are testing are using tiny amounts of memory.
That's why I'm talking about it. VRAM is really important for 4K, ray-tracing and PCVR (with Quest). But still reviewers are saying that crap about VRAM and performance forgetting that if you are out of VRAM you will experience all kinds of bad stutters and stalls.

Bojji

That's why I'm talking about it. VRAM is really important for 4K, ray-tracing and PCVR (with Quest). But still reviewers are saying that crap about VRAM and performance forgetting that if you are out of VRAM you will experience all kinds of bad stutters and stalls.

Exactly. People playing in 1440p won't need more than 12GB in their GPUs this year, but maybe next year it will start to show some problems and it will go downhill from there. 12GB are good for now (and not for 4K) but you need that 16GB (or more) if you want your GPU to age well.

I9tjELR.jpg

Came today. Upgrading my machine. I’m not a big PC gamer at all, and don’t have a 4K monitor. But I’ve been rocking a 1080 since 2018, so this is a significant upgrade and the $599 price point is right for me.
Have the same card for a 1440p/144hz gsync monitor. Very silent with the silent bios setting and a nice bump compared to the normal 4070 as well.

4070 Ti Super is 230 euros more expensive for 13-14% more performance at 1440p. Not worth it.

TexMex

Have the same card for a 1440p/144hz gsync monitor. Very silent with the silent bios setting and a nice bump compared to the normal 4070 as well.

4070 Ti Super is 230 euros more expensive for 13-14% more performance at 1440p. Not worth it.

Great to hear. Putting together my machine this weekend. Really did it just to play BG3 (hated playing with a controller on ps5) but really - I’m still just going to be playing Warcraft 3 and Ultima Online.

hinch7

Seems like there's an issue with MSI 4070 Ti Super (Ventus) cards. They're shipped with lower TDP than other cards, but can be fixed with updating the firmware. HWU revisited their initial review with wrong data. Its only a few percent off mind.

Holding out for that 5080 or 5090 at some point next year. I just don't see these super cards a worth while upgrade for me when all games run at 1440p 60+ FPS on a 3080 10GB. I can see the appeal for those on 10XX or even 20XX cards though.

It's consoles (actually playstation) that sets the standard for videogames these days.

Bojji

Seems like there's an issue with MSI 4070 Ti Super (Ventus) cards. They're shipped with lower TDP than other cards, but can be fixed with updating the firmware. HWU revisited their initial review with wrong data. Its only a few percent off mind.

Yeah but it only affects specific games, only some games were able to go to power limit of my 4070ti (when i had it) so lower power limit didn't do that much but of course fucked up results to some degree.

In Poland right now 7900XTX is just slighty more expensive than 4070TiS:

7AXAHEE.jpg

While it's 32% faster in raster in 4K:

dkMoEAN.jpg

While 7900XT price is too close to 7900XTX to make any sense. I will have hard time deciding about what GPU will be my next one, right now 7900XTX looks like the best GPU to buy where I live but of course it doesn't have Nvidia features etc.

hinch7

I upped the PL on my 4070Ti Gaming X Trio with a custom curve undervolt. Performs around the same, but operates at 110W less when maxed out. With +900 VRAM OC its slightly faster.

At the same price range the XTX is way better. Only if you don't care for heavy RT game like CP2077 and games with PT; you may have have to skip that feature. Ai is significantly better on the Geforce as well. Otherwise for most games its a beast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom