• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Super Review thread

winjer

Gold Member

2160p-p.webp

RT-2160p-p.webp

Power1-p.webp

Last edited:
It looks faster than my regular plain ole 4070. I now have to shop for cards based on length, I can only fit a 12 inch (305mm) card into my new case. 11 inch (280mm) would be preferable.

AMD RDNA 2 is really disappointing. When RX 6800 XT was launch it was use to beat RTX 3080 Ti or on par but really now RTX 3080 is really on par with RX 6950 XT in 4K on resolution.

PeteBull

i got a 4070 ti for 650 euros... I dont know I should return it and get the 4070 super or the 4070 ti super
If u go for best value, its solid, if u are guy thinking that he would apreciate 4gigs more vram and overall visibly higher performance across the board, by 15-20%, then get upcoming 4070tisuper instead, which is basically tiny bit cut down rtx 4080, so ur call there, all depends on the budget, ur needs and if u feel like changing ur card in 2 years or feeling u can skip 50xx series from nvidia(then go 4070ti super).

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
That 192-bit bus really not doing well at RT. NVIDIA is doing their damnest to fuck over these cards one way or another.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
This post is how Nvidia wins cause it demonstrates how easily people's expectations are manipulated. Nearly 4 years later they re-release a quasi-3080 for $100 less and it's solid performance at a competitive price.
The market has changed. It is what it is.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
You are the market, you are who changes the market. The solution is simply to not buy the products at the prices Nvidia is forcing.
If it were that simple we wouldn't be seeing exponential increases in the housing market/groceries/videogames/cars/subscriptions/electronic devices/etc.. etc.. etc..

Could we all as consumers collectively just decide we aren't buying anything anymore? Sure.

Does that haven even a remote possibility of happening? No.

Last edited:

SolidQ

I prefer frames over RTX and I make no apologies for it.
Because people living in fantasy world and thinking AMD can't do RT, but they have pretty solid perfomance. Also RT in most games give zero difference. I know some people in real life, which can't see any difference in Cyberpunk between PC RT and PS5 perfomance mode.

This post is how Nvidia wins cause it demonstrates how easily people's expectations are manipulated.
All vendors manipulate with useless tech's. Trying show few games, like only this games in worlds. Will waiting for RDNA4 and decide what card get for next 7-8 year.
Personally i don't need FSR/DLSS/RT and other sh**. Just need good story/gameplay games.

If it were that simple we wouldn't be seeing exponential increases in the housing market/groceries/videogames/cars/subscriptions/electronic devices/etc.. etc.. etc..

Could we all as consumers collectively just decide we aren't buying anything anymore? Sure.

Does that haven even a remote possibility of happening? No.
Thats Deflation, China is going through that currently. Everyone is sitting at home with their arms crossed, not buying anything. Money just sitting in the bank not doing anything.

poodaddy

I'm hoping I can get a 4080 super, but I get this strange feeling it will sell out in seconds and I refuse to pay scalpers. I hope it's feasible to get one. This is good performance though, and for not raping your checking account, (too bad), prices.

Senua

Because people living in fantasy world and thinking AMD can't do RT, but they have pretty solid perfomance. Also RT in most games give zero difference. I know some people in real life, which can't see any difference in Cyberpunk between PC RT and PS5 perfomance mode.
LOL

Just because you showed your Grandma a cyberpunk comparison doesn't mean people with decent eyesight can't see the incredible gulf between rasterized and PT mode.

//DEVIL//

IF you really want a decent card that would last some test of time, get the 4070ti super and up. you want 16 gigs. anything below is just no.

not to say this card or the 3080 are bad cards or anything. but you need 16 gigs of ram and up. hell find your self a 3090 used if you want if it make sense. I wouldnt recommend it because no DLSS 3. but if I have to pick between a brand new 4070 super and a used 3090 for the same price ? ill go 3090 in a heart beat. at worse ill use Nvidia DLSS + AMD frame generation and I am golden.

12 gigs is the bare minimum. wont last long before its a bottleneck at 2k ( it is already at 4k)

Last edited:

MikeM

As long as can live with sub-par image quality and artefacts, good on you (y)
There is a trade-off but ultimately doesn’t mean that my 7900xt can’t do RT. It can, just take a bigger hit to perf than Nvidia. RT usually hovers in the 3080-3090 area which is still fine.

Until every game has RT, it won’t be a priority.
VA5qJ5s.png
Ph5M7UL.png

Senua

Grandma? That people <35-40. They just played game, instead looking every texture/reflection
Who gives a crap what the average person thinks? Us graphics and tech enthusiasts notice. I'm sure a lot of people don't notice the difference between PS4 and PS5 games either. People more clued it on graphics tech though...do. You're just painfully disingenuous claiming RT gives almost zero difference. When AMD get their act together for RT you'll be championing it just like the rest.

Top Bottom