• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER launch scheduled for January 17, 24 and 31 with RTX 4070 SUPER leading the way - VideoCardz Rumor

b0uncyfr0

Went for a nitro 7800xt for 480.

Never been happier. These super cards arent worth much if the 4070 vram is still only 12GB.

Last edited:

buenoblue

I was about to get a 4070 to upgrade my 2070 super. If I can get a 4070 super for the same price as a 4070 that would be champion 😀

Hudo

Where else u gonna go tho?
Dunno. Maybe I look into the used GPU market when I buy a new PC. I mean, I don't lack the money to buy the fucking cards at the current price tags, it's just I don't think that consumer GPU cards should cost above $800.

Edit: It's also quite clear that the MSRPs set by Nvidia are the way they are because Nvidia are trying to normalize these price ranges because they'd otherwise would need to justify why the profit went down again to their investors after the abnormal Covid situation. Sad thing is that they most likely will be successful because people keep buying the 4090s. Be it for AI or gaming. The market is fucked. We're fucked.

Last edited:

daninthemix

When is the 5000 series due? Also I wonder what new tech Nvidia has cooking. If you look at the list of things they've invented over the years, they look solely responsible for all advancements in the graphics space - on both PC and console, as they set the bar which, a few years later, console makers try to achieve.

- VRR
- Ray tracing
- ML upscaling

Allandor

I already see it. Super increased prices for super cards.
I would get a 4070ti if it had 16gb of memory now. But for the asked price I would also get a Rx 7900xt with 20gb.

But still prices are currently much to high.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I was at caseking last week and talked to a salesman there. And he said that they hardly sell any graphics cards. Apart from 4090, there is hardly any movement in sales.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I have a 4090 in a Mini ITX case. What makes you doubt a 4080 Super will fit in a Micro ATX case?
Solid effort! jeez, how it fit length wise, FE I take it?

I'm just stoked 4090 will stay top of the heap for another good bit....just bought one last week: got a good deal, $3,000 NZD for a Gigabyte Gaming OC (that's super cheap here in NZ lol).

Just a cheeky $7k dropped on a new build - I remember in 2000 I got a mean new build for $2,500 NZD, with a monitor, now days... $7,000 and no monitor for the top dogg far out.

Codiox

my 3080 will be enough for me until GTA VI comes out.

Then i will get all in with a 5090 TI or 6090 whatever is coming.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
image.webp

Bojji

16gb vram no thanks, sticking with 3090

16GB is what realistically should be good for everything for next xx years. Right now 12GB is fine for almost everything besides Alan wake and cyberpunk with PT in 4k framebuffer.

kiphalfton

I was about to get a 4070 to upgrade my 2070 super. If I can get a 4070 super for the same price as a 4070 that would be champion 😀

Big gap in price between 4070 and 4070 Ti. Probably not gonna happen. I bet it's going to start at $700 for AIB stuff.

Last edited:

hinch7

Still only 12 GB RAM on the 4070 Super? Not sure about that.
Basically the same performance as the current 4070Ti or ever so slightly lower. Which is around of par with a 7900XT. For what I'm guessing will be around $600/650. 12GB isn't great but so long as you're not pushing 4K PT its fine. Overpriced still but it'll be the best price to performance GPU you can get (for new cards).. that will have new feature sets and be capable of pathtracing at 1440P.

Last edited:
What does MSRP and Non-MSRP mean? We get 2 defferent pricings? Like launch day 600 and after that 650? I need to replace my 3060ti as soon as possible, but the choices are just awful.
Nvidia mandates the board partners to release a model at MSRP. Cards like the Asus Dual and MSI Ventus for example. Those board partners will of course have plenty of models (way) above MSRP as well like the Strix and Gaming X versions etc.

Last edited:

amigastar

Basically the same performance as the current 4070Ti or ever so slightly lower. Which is around of par with a 7900XT. For what I'm guessing will be around $600/650. 12GB isn't great but so long as you're not pushing 4K PT its fine. Overpriced still but it'll be the best price to performance GPU you can get (for new cards).. that will have new feature sets and be capable of pathtracing at 1440P.
Hey, i'm satisfied with my 4070 at 1080p momentarily. No complaining here. I just ask myself if 12GB will cut it in 1 1/5 or 2 years.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

is it likely a 5070 would release with 16gb ram? feel like i should just wait for that with the games im playing currently

hinch7

Hey, i'm satisfied with my 4070 at 1080p momentarily. No complaining here. I just ask myself if 12GB will cut it in 1 1/5 or 2 years.
Don't sweat it. 4070 is more than enough to last you until the next generation of consoles. Which are still at least 2-4 years out. Especially when playing at 1440P and under.

Current generation consoles can barely play with high fidelity settings and framerates. Never mind RT and upscaling/intropolation tech,

Last edited:
Same shit happened with RTX 2000 series. They got money from the people who bought the non-super cards, which also incidentally were a ripoff value wise, and then released the super cards (which were what they should have originally released, as everybody was rightfully bitching about the pricing coming from the GTX 1000 series... which were reasonably priced).

We are supposed to be seeing hardware improve in performance AND drop in price (or at least stagnate). Somehow fools have been tricked into "it cost more for more performance" when that simply just isn't the case. PC gaming used to be better, but in recent years it has become a complete joke. Overpriced hardware, unoptimized games, and "gamer"/streamer culture that companies are more than willing to take advantage of.

My 1070 is plenty for the older games my PC runs, and newer indie titles. I'll continue to sit with it until something with bang for my buck is released, or until it gives up and I just get a Steam Deck 2 or something.

I was hoping they'd do a 4060 Super that fixes the awful pricing of the 4060's. A 12gb 4060 Super for $350 would be ideal but even at $400 it'd be better than the 8gb 4060 Ti.
You can't do 12GB on the 4060. It would have to be 16GB and it would have to be in clamshell configuration i.e expensive. But you can do 12GB in the 4050, the problem is there is no 4050 for desktops. It's laptop only.

amigastar

Don't sweat it. 4070 is more than enough to last you until the next generation of consoles. Which are still at least 2-4 years out. Especially when playing at 1440P and under.

Current generation consoles can barely play with high fidelity settings and framerates. Never mind RT and upscaling/intropolation tech,
That's good to hear. I'm curious when we will get the Neural Nvidia Texture Compression.

//DEVIL//

impressive for 4080s and 4070ti super.

both of these cards are really good with their mem bandwidth and 16gb as well.

price is impressive for both. mainly the 4080s. the 4080 was more powerful than the 7900xtx ( about the same in resta and way more powerful in ray tracing ). now this is even more powerful + better ray tracing for the same price as the 7900xtx msrp. not to mention it has dlss and dlss 3.5 that is by default better than anything FSR.

anyone who picks up 7900xtx vs 4080s must have something wrong in his head lol.

7900XTX is 2% better than 4080 so if Super is 3% faster it will beat it (by 1% haha).

097f3GO.jpg

i question this graph but even if its true, based on the specs of the 4080s. its between 5 to 10% faster than 4080.

The 4080 problem was its price. not performance. but now that its about the same price + more feature sets, yeah it's a no-brainer. It's the better card to buy out of the 2.

the 7900xtx has to drop the price to 800$ to compete.

also the 5000 series coming next year in 2025. but who knows how much these will cost. not that it matters that much really because there is really no game that can push the 4080 / 4090 /7900xtx as its.

if a game needs DLSS/ FSR frame generation on these cards, it will still need frame generation on the 5000 unless the 5090 is 2x more powerful than 4090 ( which I highly doubt based on Nvidia trajectory towards AI more focus than gaming side.) and even AMD no longer focusing on high end GPUs as well.

the software is not there. Unreal Engine 5 is shit in terms of optimization. we are stuck with these kind of graphics give or take better resolution/frames till at least the PS6 Xbox next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom